follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #673
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frs300 View Post
actually my thread is a legit build thread for everyone to see no secrets or half ass info where you can actually see progress unlike this bs. I dont come on here and tease ppl with random crap then not say anything for 6 months. So how about you try not being a smart ass
Just saying, maybe he is keeping it quiet for sema? Or maybe he dosen't care about posting everything he is doing. It was someone else who mentioned his built engine, and 750hp not Don. The thread was started back in the "early" days of boosting the engine when people were afraid of putting 300 hp through the stock block.

Him not posting and updating is pretty much the opposite of attention whoring.

Not to piss in your Wheaties or anything, but you came looking into another vendors thread to take a shot at them with nothing good to say other than to insult them. That's attention whoring to me.

Personally I can't see how you could stand to wait as long as you have for your build. But hey, good luck with it. I've been in a Twin that has put down 500+ to the wheel and it's a scream. We even went airborne in it.
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Old 08-09-2013, 01:01 AM   #674
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,344 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
Just saying, maybe he is keeping it quiet for sema? Or maybe he dosen't care about posting everything he is doing. It was someone else who mentioned his built engine, and 750hp not Don. The thread was started back in the "early" days of boosting the engine when people were afraid of putting 300 hp through the stock block.

Him not posting and updating is pretty much the opposite of attention whoring.

Not to piss in your Wheaties or anything, but you came looking into another vendors thread to take a shot at them with nothing good to say other than to insult them. That's attention whoring to me.

FRS300 comment comes from several instances in which Don has teased something and disappeared for months and another instance un which he went to FRS300 thread to criticize something then was asked to genuinely to clarify what he meant in an effort to learn something, he just disappeared again.

Just two examples of a bunch.

No dog in this fight, just trying to help explain his point of view.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
dabocx (08-10-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 01:28 AM   #675
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
FRS300 comment comes from several instances in which Don has teased something and disappeared for months and another instance un which he went to FRS300 thread to criticize something then was asked to genuinely to clarify what he meant in an effort to learn something, he just disappeared again.

Just two examples of a bunch.

No dog in this fight, just trying to help explain his point of view.
I understand it. I saw Don pop in on his build thread with the hit and run comment about the air flow, then vanish.

I don't know I just try to not post in other people's threads especially with my close ties with P&L. Even though I don't work with, or for them, I feel that me being critical of other vendors might reflect poorly on them. It's actually quite difficult for me because I'm a rather snarky person by nature. There have been several times that I've delete posts that I had typed out.

I just thought it was an Ironic post of his, hence my Pot/kettle comment. It wasn't so much a smart ass comment as he said, but more a comment on the obvious.

Anyway, I'm not trying to start a flame war, so I'll back off and let 300 get his last lick in. I'm actually eager to see his build when it's all done. P&L has a built FA20 sitting on their shelf that I could buy tomorrow that has been tempting me. They did however give me the warning that once this car gets over 500hp it's a death trap if you don't know how to handle it. The back end gets really light, and you can spin the tires in 4th causing the car to walk across freeway lanes if you're not careful.
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (08-09-2013), tripjammer (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #676
Mrpolarbear

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ - MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin2111 View Post
Why were you air born?
because I was inverted
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mrpolarbear For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (08-09-2013), dabocx (08-10-2013), mack4477 (08-09-2013), nix (08-09-2013), PhastekSport (08-09-2013), TouchMyHonda (08-09-2013), WithNolock (08-10-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #677
PhastekSport

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to PhastekSport Send a message via Yahoo to PhastekSport
Wow you must have read through the whole thread...

Merlin and Maverick... Haha...
Old 08-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #678
Mrpolarbear

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ - MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@Phastek View Post
Wow you must have read through the whole thread...

Merlin and Maverick... Haha...
Made it to like page 13 and conversation fell apart.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #679
nix

Drives: AVO BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Garage
He could tell you but then he'd have to kill you.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #680
jordBLP1

Drives: Stock white BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
I understand it. I saw Don pop in on his build thread with the hit and run comment about the air flow, then vanish.

I don't know I just try to not post in other people's threads especially with my close ties with P&L. Even though I don't work with, or for them, I feel that me being critical of other vendors might reflect poorly on them. It's actually quite difficult for me because I'm a rather snarky person by nature. There have been several times that I've delete posts that I had typed out.

I just thought it was an Ironic post of his, hence my Pot/kettle comment. It wasn't so much a smart ass comment as he said, but more a comment on the obvious.

Anyway, I'm not trying to start a flame war, so I'll back off and let 300 get his last lick in. I'm actually eager to see his build when it's all done. P&L has a built FA20 sitting on their shelf that I could buy tomorrow that has been tempting me. They did however give me the warning that once this car gets over 500hp it's a death trap if you don't know how to handle it. The back end gets really light, and you can spin the tires in 4th causing the car to walk across freeway lanes if you're not careful.
Yeah I can attest to that.. I was nervous when I got to drive my cousins 470whp cobra, then came to the realization it was actually easier to drive than my stock brz!! It kicks out butter smooth and you can ride it out with ease.. when I kick the brz out its so damn twitchy that you have to be extra careful or you'll be in the ditch
Old 08-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #681
usptwins
Toyota Soul

Drives: 96 taco
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
This is crazy lol. Its Don and John's thread, and they have disappeared lol. Must have time traveled to another time... lol But, Don was kinda upset that his idea was kinda taken at first with his bottom mount turbo and didn't want people copying from his custom setups anymore. Im sure thats the reason, or i could be completely wrong haha. Even though pretty much everyone has the almost exact setup with the front mount and blah blah blah. Its whatever to me. Just wanted to know what the latest was with the car. He always seems to have the twins at the top first.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #682
cf6mech

Drives: FRS Silver LS1 swapped.
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Lotta hate on this site, more so than I have experienced on many other sites. I could see why a business would just stay off, I wouldn't blame any of the venders to not post a single word, theory, opinion or fact,...in which case we all lose.
The Following User Says Thank You to cf6mech For This Useful Post:
lexusb3 (08-10-2013)
Old 08-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #683
lexusb3
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf6mech View Post
Lotta hate on this site, more so than I have experienced on many other sites. I could see why a business would just stay off, I wouldn't blame any of the venders to not post a single word, theory, opinion or fact,...in which case we all lose.
thats why the customers post and show on behalf of the purchase and tell everyone that its amazing! lol but i do agree with you on the hate lol i think the reason why there is so much drama because everything is new.. compared to a supra forum where they have known how to deal with a 2j for years.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #684
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewrx View Post
Can you drop that 60ft at all?
Drop it like its hot.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #685
crook

Drives: storm black GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf6mech View Post
Well talking about hate, I remember back when full blown unveiled thier kit a stab from don saying "so how is this different from the P&L kit?" To which I feel FBM replied professionally instead of biting back.

Now last I saw don has gone to the front placement to which If I was immature I would have cut and pasted his own quote to use on him. Instead I made my decision on a turbo kit based on a company's professionalism, both don and John have put me off from this forum so I went with neither of thier products.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #686
cf6mech

Drives: FRS Silver LS1 swapped.
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crook View Post
Well talking about hate, I remember back when full blown unveiled thier kit a stab from don saying "so how is this different from the P&L kit?" To which I feel FBM replied professionally instead of biting back.

Now last I saw don has gone to the front placement to which If I was immature I would have cut and pasted his own quote to use on him. Instead I made my decision on a turbo kit based on a company's professionalism, both don and John have put me off from this forum so I went with neither of thier products.
Exactly!.... a prime example here. I don't think that's a stab,....its a question. I'm sure Don knows the guys at Full Blown personally and professionally,...maybe they got it and we didn't.....

Last edited by cf6mech; 08-27-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
brz forum, brz forums, brz quater mile, come at me bro, fbm lol, ninja posting, subaru brz forum, subaru brz forums, subaru brz quarter mile, subaru brz turbo, subaru brz turbocharged, turbo brz, turbo subaru brz, turbocharged brz, turbocharged subaru brz, vague, vanishing act, visconti bonfire special, visconti is a boy toucher, viscontifried