follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-28-2013, 03:55 AM   #29
KritiK

Drives: Toyota gt86
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I got hitted in my front bumper... but shit can happens when you have even a bugatti
KritiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #30
Mandy
I came from a motorbike

Drives: Firestorm 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KritiK View Post
I got hitted in my front bumper... but shit can happens when you have even a bugatti
Buggati has it's own accident deterrent. It's called "if I hit that car my insurance company will go bankrupt, and so will I".
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mandy For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #31
Carbon420

Drives: 2013 FR-S Raven with carbon fiber
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
First off as far as your wife's heels go that's grounds for divorce. But yes. I had a bubble in the 3m wrap on my CF roof. Took it in once to get fixed and it was for a bit then it came back 3x larger. It kills me every time I see it I just don't have alot of time to get it in and I'm due for an oil change in the next couple thousand k so I might just wait and get it all done at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carbon420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #32
QFry

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
My cure for this syndrome was to find a nice gravel/dirt road and hoon down it...hard...and then let the best friends wife do the same. Amazingly enough not a lot of permanent damage...texas changed that (stupid windshield)
2013 Argento FR-S -> Lots of random PlastiDip, UNIChip Custom Tune, aFe Takeda Intake, Nameless Performance front pipe and axle back exhaust, Motegi MR125 7.5x17, Rally Armour mud flaps, Gloss black vinyl roof, ACT street clutch and flywheel,Whiteline bushings; Kartboy Shortshifter and shift bushing
QFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #33
KritiK

Drives: Toyota gt86
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon420 View Post
First off as far as your wife's heels go that's grounds for divorce. But yes. I had a bubble in the 3m wrap on my CF roof. Took it in once to get fixed and it was for a bit then it came back 3x larger. It kills me every time I see it I just don't have alot of time to get it in and I'm due for an oil change in the next couple thousand k so I might just wait and get it all done at once.

take a nedle and poke it
KritiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #34
Gost

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I almost flipped out on a patient just now because they were standing next to my car with a cup on my trunk smoking a cigarette with the ashes flying onto my trunk. But I kept my composure and asked him nicely to step away from the vehicle lol.
Gost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #35
tester01

Drives: FR-S, Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
Mossy Toyota. I believe they have another white out and a silver one on the lot right now. Great place to deal with. I am beyond happy with my experience.
I picked up a whiteout from Escondido with the express package that covers all the dents, windshields and tires for 5 years which I think is pretty decent deal.
tester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #36
NemesisPrime909

Drives: 91 Toyota Supra 16 Nissan Versa
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
So, my good friend warned me about the "new car sindrom" and it is so true!! You pick up a car that is literally near perfect. Shiny and without any blemishes. Then somethinh happens ans it sticks out like a sore thumb!

The day I picked up my FR-S, my wife dragged her heels over the bottom door sill scratching the plastic! Suck! That following wednesday the dealer hit the car to check the alarm putting a fist size dent in the upper window panel. I have a coupl scratches from rocks i assume here and there on the car and today when the windows were being tinted they put a couple razor blade marks on the lower window molding. Only one I got fixed was the dent.

Anyway, I'm not mad, or upset, but i have NEVER been like this with cars! Then again, I've always bought used. Oh well, there will be many many more! Car is a blast and I'm not about to park it to avoid scratches amd flaws!

Any other stories like this or am i the only crazy one?

Is your dealer run by Chimps with hammers?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #37
jadewbj

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FRS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
So far I have had a paint roller drop off shelves above the car and put a dimple in the rear fender, put a slight indent next to the front emblem when pulling the old one off and had my center console scratched from a falling phone mount.

I had PDR fix the dent, looks like new. The dimple still pisses me off to this day. The scratch in the console was fixed with a tiny brush and some platidip. I sprayed the dip in a cup and then using the brush I filled the scratch. Unless I told you, you would never notice it.

So far my Opticoat is holding up well keeping off chips and scratches.
jadewbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #38
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
LOL! This post had me rolling! I bought it from Mossy Toyota, but it was Mossy Ford's guy that did the dig. Mossy Toyota was beyond amazing with the situation. I pointed it out and they had it fixed the next day! Best part was they turned away two dent guys because they said it wouldn't be perfect. Third, pulled it off nicely and you can't even see it. Irony was that it was the same dent guy I have always used! I was stoked when I saw him because I know it would be done right.

The only reason I didn't take it back to the tint place to have them replace that moulding is because they gave me $40 off for being a return customer and squeezed me in this morning. I called them the second they opened and they got me in 45 minutes later! If the moulding ends up bugging me a lot, I'll just pay the $40 to get a new one. Great tint place. They always get everything perfect!

I was gonna say, Mossy's customer service and staff are supposed to be one of the best in SD. Looks it all worked out in the end.

It looks like it worked out in the end. I got my Tacoma tinted at Audio Proz in Mission Gorge and they didn't leave any etches in the weather strip. I also requested them to match the oem rear privacy glass tint and they did a very good job.

I'm crucial on who works on my Supra and thought about tinting it but don't want to mess with tinting the rear defroster so I left it untinted. I think it looks cleaner w/out tint.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #39
marky

Drives: 2020 BRZ tS #54
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Shit happens...as long the car is not major dented or dont run right ect... its all good.. dont worry about the minor fixes.. enjoy the car what's made for..

Mine got a nice minor ding but cant even tell. But my ocd fixed it up a covered it plus i have rock chips on front bumper andwindshield
www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29754
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #40
suaveflooder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post

I was gonna say, Mossy's customer service and staff are supposed to be one of the best in SD. Looks it all worked out in the end.

It looks like it worked out in the end. I got my Tacoma tinted at Audio Proz in Mission Gorge and they didn't leave any etches in the weather strip. I also requested them to match the oem rear privacy glass tint and they did a very good job.

I'm crucial on who works on my Supra and thought about tinting it but don't want to mess with tinting the rear defroster so I left it untinted. I think it looks cleaner w/out tint.
If I had a car like a supra, I wouldn't tint it either. Next plan for me is a GT-R. It'll be a weekend warrior so it will not be tinted. I love the FR-S, but it is a fairly inexpensive car, so I wasn't worried too much about the defroster. Plus, I've never had an issue with any defroster on my cars with tint. HOWEVER, if it is not removed correctly, it will ruin the defroster. I had the joy of finding that out withe my E46 M3. I got to watch the tint guy (not the same company I used this time) yank on the corner of the tint and pull it off. It never worked again.

I had a different company pull off my cobras correctly and re-applied and the defrost worked perfectly. It's all about time and patience, not yanking it off fast.

Plus, I LOVE white cars with tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
Shit happens...as long the car is not major dented or dont run right ect... its all good.. dont worry about the minor fixes.. enjoy the car what's made for..

Mine got a nice minor ding but cant even tell. But my ocd fixed it up a covered it plus i have rock chips on front bumper andwindshield
www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29754
I agree 100% which is why it was so odd that the little things bugged me! lol
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #41
Carbon420

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftc~brz View Post
I feel your pain. I usually tell them not to wash my car when it's at the dealer. I know the mechanics are usually careful, it's the lot boys that dgaf. This last time I took it in I forgot to remind them not to wash it. Got it back with a dent in the pas. door that has a chip of paint missing down to the metal. Now it's all I see. They are fixing it monday but I was totally butt hurt over it. I park 2 feet from my curb in fear of eating it with my rims and I am so careful considering 7000 miles now but some douchetard moves it 20 feet on a lot and fucks my shit up? so sad. They used a dirty micro fiber rag the first time they washed it there and I almost cried. after this they are not allowed to breathe on my car there.
I trust my dealer cause the "lot boy" is an FR-S owner himself and the head of the local gt86 club in Calgary so I trust him just fine with my baby.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #42
Carbon420

Quote:
Originally Posted by KritiK View Post
take a nedle and poke it
Sure then I can just take a baseball bat to it and get that first dent and windshield crack out of the way too. How bout I just take it back in and tell them to take it off and rewrap it.