follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #225
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
RaceROM 10 Released!

Big Update Folks: Phase 10 RaceROM is finally here for all model years and all regions of the world, from 2013-2018 models on USDM, European, Asian, JDM (Yes it's different), and Gulf spec ECU's. Our entire tune library has been updated to accommodate the new software, and we are now rolling out these tunes to new and existing customers.

The latest version is denoted as V25.00. Though RaceROM 10 is really a complete and utter overhaul of the way we do tuning on these cars, some of the more important changes are as follows:

- Improved tip in throttle response throughout entire rev range
- Completely overhauled closed loop correction outside of factory closed loop scenarios
- Completely overhauled boost control on turbo systems, implementing a variety of fail safe and target compensations to correct for and protect against overheating oil/coolant, poor quality fuel, AVCS being inactive, and more. We also have a lot more adjustment room to have features like boost by gear, ethanol content, map-switch mode, and more working in tandem with one another.
- Completely overhauled Flex Fuel implementation. Ethanol content, ethanol ignition advance, and more are now all dedicated parameters in EcuTek. The way Flex Fuel is programmed is also far superior in RaceROM 10, and allows much tighter integration into the tune. What this means for the end user is a smoother transition between fuel types, and a smoother ramp in power delivery as ethanol content increases or decreases.
- Dedicated custom map to warn you when your AVCS system has failed to activate in a timely manner, letting you know before you push the car and risk potential damage.
- Vastly improved control over fueling in medium to full load areas.
- Improved transition from low load MAF calculation to high load VE calculation.
- Improved drivability across all versions.
- Addressed a particular bug where some vehicles would experience a hesitation in high gear, partial (20-40%) throttle pulls. This was typically experienced when trying to pass on the highway, for example.

Due to the fact that RaceROM 10 adds so much functionality and extra control over prior RaceROM versions, updates to the latest versions are a $150 fee to cover one hour of our time dialing the new setup in for you remotely. New customers will be started off on RaceROM 10 by default. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via email at sales@delicioustuning.com.com.
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #226
Reamer

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can confirm the new tunes drive/feel amazing. I came from a pretty old tune (10/2016) that was OTS and I'm enjoying the tune that Zach just finished revising for me. I'll be testing it on the track in 2 weeks so I'll report back if I remember, or someone remind me.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:07 AM   #227
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

We have released new NA Stage 1,2 and ACE tunes for the BRZ/86/FRS. (Including Flex Fuel Updates)

Version 12.00 for Stage 1
Version 13.00 for Stage 2
Version 14.00 for Stage 2 + ACE header.

Improvements include
- New Cam Table Profiles
- New Fuel Table Adjustments,
- New Timing Advance Tables
- New DI/PI control mechanism

We also have added on the EcuTeK ECUConnect
- Custom MAF Trim %
- Custom WOT Timing %
- Custom Traction Control % (NA Tunes)
- Custom Boost Pressure Set Point (Flash & Go Tunes)
- Optional Pops % Bangs Switch
- Optional Crackle Slider

RaceROM Maps Have Also Changes
- Custom Race Throttle Spec (tested for immediate response)
- Improved Autoblip (for those that like that option)
- New Valet features

Regards,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Old 05-15-2019, 12:39 AM   #228
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
DeliciousTuning: any more details on custom traction control?
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:21 PM   #229
Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
We have released new NA Stage 1,2 and ACE tunes for the BRZ/86/FRS. (Including Flex Fuel Updates)

Version 12.00 for Stage 1
Version 13.00 for Stage 2
Version 14.00 for Stage 2 + ACE header.

Improvements include
- New Cam Table Profiles
- New Fuel Table Adjustments,
- New Timing Advance Tables
- New DI/PI control mechanism

We also have added on the EcuTeK ECUConnect
- Custom MAF Trim %
- Custom WOT Timing %
- Custom Traction Control % (NA Tunes)
- Custom Boost Pressure Set Point (Flash & Go Tunes)
- Optional Pops % Bangs Switch
- Optional Crackle Slider

RaceROM Maps Have Also Changes
- Custom Race Throttle Spec (tested for immediate response)
- Improved Autoblip (for those that like that option)
- New Valet features
Is there a page that details all of this stuff? For example, when I see things like, "New Valet Features," or "Custom Traction Control," that doesn't really do anything for me without more details. Same with "Race Throttle Spec." I can deduce that you're sharpening the throttle response, but really more explanation would be very useful for us folks who like to understand things before we implement them on our cars :P

Do you guys have a cheat sheet that lists every feature, and details of what exactly they do, for those of us who want to pick-and-choose which features to add to our maps? I feel like that is sorely lacking if you don't (I've never found anything), and would even be willing to create one for you guys if you are too busy. For someone new to tuning (such as myself), with no previous experience with these features, this has all proven to be a bit difficult to wrap my head around. You guys have tons of documentation around the tuning process itself, but I just was never provided with much of anything detailing the actual features and options for the actual tunes.

Check out my blog, read all about my BRZ adventures, and oogle my sweet cell-phone photos!
You can also find me on Instagram, and on Facebook.
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #230
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang70Fastback View Post
Is there a page that details all of this stuff? For example, when I see things like, "New Valet Features," or "Custom Traction Control," that doesn't really do anything for me without more details. Same with "Race Throttle Spec." I can deduce that you're sharpening the throttle response, but really more explanation would be very useful for us folks who like to understand things before we implement them on our cars :P

Do you guys have a cheat sheet that lists every feature, and details of what exactly they do, for those of us who want to pick-and-choose which features to add to our maps? I feel like that is sorely lacking if you don't (I've never found anything), and would even be willing to create one for you guys if you are too busy. For someone new to tuning (such as myself), with no previous experience with these features, this has all proven to be a bit difficult to wrap my head around. You guys have tons of documentation around the tuning process itself, but I just was never provided with much of anything detailing the actual features and options for the actual tunes.
Thank you for the feedback and that is actually something we are working on. With the release we will be releasing more details about each specific feature, how they work and what they do while trying to keep it simple to understand.

We will also take into consideration what you have stated and make sure to add more details about "Race Throttle Spec", "Custom Traction Control", and so on. We are actually planning on videos for this, so it a more visual guide to how everything works with the vehicle.

Thank You,
Delicious Tuning
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
BA9092 (05-24-2019), Stang70Fastback (05-16-2019), Turdinator (05-21-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 06:16 PM   #231
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
I'm new to tuning in general, so forgive me if these are dumb questions in advance lol:

I've got headers being installed soon and one of your flex fuel kits waiting to go as well. If I wanted to install the FF kit myself or outside of a shop and have you remote tune my car, how would that work? Is there a process for getting a base map and then I do datalogging or something and exchange what I get for revisions to that base map? How long can it take for a custom tune to be "finished" from road and remote tuning?

Basically what's the difference between doing something like that or just going into an Ecutek-recommended shop for the install and tune (aside from the shop possibly not being overly experienced in this platform)?
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:30 PM   #232
Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Thank you for the feedback and that is actually something we are working on. With the release we will be releasing more details about each specific feature, how they work and what they do while trying to keep it simple to understand.

We will also take into consideration what you have stated and make sure to add more details about "Race Throttle Spec", "Custom Traction Control", and so on. We are actually planning on videos for this, so it a more visual guide to how everything works with the vehicle.

Thank You,
Delicious Tuning
Excellent. At the very least, what you guys need is a "one-pager" that just quickly lays out the basics. Something like this:

NOTE: I'm making stuff up below for demonstration purposes. Nobody should read this as actual features Delicious offers (but they're totally great ideas... just sayin'.)

Valet Mode
Puts the car into a reduced-power mode via several configurable parameters. Useful when someone else is driving your vehicle, and you want to prevent unauthorized "shenanigans."
Notes: Can be applied to one or more of your 4 available maps, but only by your tuner.

Adjustable Parameters
Rev Limiter: Set a hard rev limit in all gears.
- Default: 4,500 RPM
- Adjustable Range: 2,000 - maximum defined by current map.
- User Adjustable: Yes, via ECUTEK ECUConnect app.
Max Throttle: Set a maximum allowable throttle setting.
- Default: 50%
- Adjustable Range: 10% - 100%
- User Adjustable: No. Your tuner must make this change.
Max Speed: Set a maximum speed. If this speed is reached, the rev limiter is engaged. This parameter operates in parallel with the rev limiter setting; whichever condition is met first.
- Default: 80 MPH
- Adjustable Range: any speed.
- User Adjustable: No. Your tuner must make this change.

One of these for each specific feature would be a godsend for folks like me. Personally, I would go one further and design a form that people could use to "order" exactly what they want for each of their four maps. Check off what you want for each map, and what you want the settings to be, etc... I would imagine that would greatly streamline/simplify things for you guys, and make it less likely that things be interpreted wrong. Like ordering sushi off of one of those cards at those all-you-can-eat Sushi places, lol. Again, I'd be more than willing to help with any of this if I were furnished with the information. I know you guys are swamped. I could at least design a pretty cool order form for y'all once you got this cheat sheet squared away

Check out my blog, read all about my BRZ adventures, and oogle my sweet cell-phone photos!
You can also find me on Instagram, and on Facebook.
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stang70Fastback For This Useful Post:
DaveB.inVa (05-25-2019), Tristor (05-16-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 02:32 PM   #233
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
I'm new to tuning in general, so forgive me if these are dumb questions in advance lol:

I've got headers being installed soon and one of your flex fuel kits waiting to go as well. If I wanted to install the FF kit myself or outside of a shop and have you remote tune my car, how would that work? Is there a process for getting a base map and then I do datalogging or something and exchange what I get for revisions to that base map? How long can it take for a custom tune to be "finished" from road and remote tuning?

Basically what's the difference between doing something like that or just going into an Ecutek-recommended shop for the install and tune (aside from the shop possibly not being overly experienced in this platform)?
Our tunes are customized a bit for NA setups, but not much since we have spent years developing the tune and tweaking it when EcuTeK releases more updates. But yes, to answer your question you purchase the tune through our website and then we go back and forth over email to tweak the tune a bit. Usually on NA setups maybe 2-3 times to dial in AFR's and timing a bit.

The main difference between us and probably most shops our there is that we have tuned 2500 FA20 engines on this platform worldwide. We have a lot of experience with the platform, we can help diagnose problems that may arise with your vehicle over time (over email) and we even have an in house shop BRZ for testing and further development.

Regards,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
Joesurf79 (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 03:03 PM   #234
Joesurf79

Drives: 2016 White Pearl BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Our tunes are customized a bit for NA setups, but not much since we have spent years developing the tune and tweaking it when EcuTeK releases more updates. But yes, to answer your question you purchase the tune through our website and then we go back and forth over email to tweak the tune a bit. Usually on NA setups maybe 2-3 times to dial in AFR's and timing a bit.

The main difference between us and probably most shops our there is that we have tuned 2500 FA20 engines on this platform worldwide. We have a lot of experience with the platform, we can help diagnose problems that may arise with your vehicle over time (over email) and we even have an in house shop BRZ for testing and further development.

Regards,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
I can vouch for these guy's fantastic customer service. Always helpful when answering questions via email and timely with tune revisions, Plus the car feels fantastic

Recently had the car on a dynojet for NASA TT classification baseline, and the revised e85 tune and Ace CS400 headers made 202 whp In a car that weights under 2500 with a cage and a 1/4 tank of fuel and a 4.56 final drive - it's peppy

AFRs looked great - the dyno operator asked who tuned it - said it was safe and smooth for a BRZ that is flogged on track.
Joesurf79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joesurf79 For This Useful Post:
DeliciousTuning (05-21-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 01:38 PM   #235
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesurf79 View Post
I can vouch for these guy's fantastic customer service. Always helpful when answering questions via email and timely with tune revisions, Plus the car feels fantastic

Recently had the car on a dynojet for NASA TT classification baseline, and the revised e85 tune and Ace CS400 headers made 202 whp In a car that weights under 2500 with a cage and a 1/4 tank of fuel and a 4.56 final drive - it's peppy

AFRs looked great - the dyno operator asked who tuned it - said it was safe and smooth for a BRZ that is flogged on track.
Not too bad. Glad to hear the dyno operator liked it.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:11 AM   #236
DaveB.inVa

Drives: 2016 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I can't say enough good things about my Delicious tune. I have one map set to be a no start tune, but if you accidentally switch to this map while driving it's a 91 octane map. I'll sometimes turn it to this map just before turning off as sort of an anti theft tune or to prevent others from using the vehicle. It would be nice to have a switch on the app that did the same thing, just prevented the vehicle from starting if it's possible.

I've been tuned for a little over a year and I'd like to get my throttle response adjusted its a little too sensitive for me, but each time I think about it I see great things coming that make me want to wait and do everything at once.

To add to what Stang70Fastback said, please elaborate more in your descriptions as to limits with MAF scaling and timing. The timing adjustments concern me a little in that I'm concerned I could change timing enough to cause damage.

Like the sample cheat sheet above, if this is a limit that is adjustable via the ECUTEK ECUConnect app, indicate if it is bounded by the tuner.

Also can you elaborate if it's possible to do basic map swaps like as currently done with the cruise control lever as well as with the app? It would be very handy to have this capability should your phone be not available or should you want to make a map change while driving.
DaveB.inVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:55 AM   #237
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveB.inVa View Post
I can't say enough good things about my Delicious tune. I have one map set to be a no start tune, but if you accidentally switch to this map while driving it's a 91 octane map. I'll sometimes turn it to this map just before turning off as sort of an anti theft tune or to prevent others from using the vehicle. It would be nice to have a switch on the app that did the same thing, just prevented the vehicle from starting if it's possible.
I have this on mine. The only thing with using the app to enable/disable is that you have to connect the app to the car every time you start. I have this as a demo feature, but it's much easier just switching maps on startup.
Quote:
The timing adjustments concern me a little in that I'm concerned I could change timing enough to cause damage.....Like the sample cheat sheet above, if this is a limit that is adjustable via the ECUTEK ECUConnect app, indicate if it is bounded by the tuner.
Yes, all the adjustments are determined by the tuner. Mine are set competely different to the ones noted above.
Quote:
Also can you elaborate if it's possible to do basic map swaps like as currently done with the cruise control lever as well as with the app? It would be very handy to have this capability should your phone be not available or should you want to make a map change while driving.
This does not replace the CC (or the other options set in the tune), it's an additional way of doing it.

[ame]http://youtu.be/HJ6h-8oy47A[/ame]

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
DaveB.inVa (05-26-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 04:20 AM   #238
EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

I've been tuned for a little over a year and I'd like to get my throttle response adjusted its a little too sensitive for me, but each time I think about it I see great things coming that make me want to wait and do everything at once.

To add to what Stang70Fastback said, please elaborate more in your descriptions as to limits with MAF scaling and timing. The timing adjustments concern me a little in that I'm concerned I could change timing enough to cause damage.

Like the sample cheat sheet above, if this is a limit that is adjustable via the ECUTEK ECUConnect app, indicate if it is bounded by the tuner.

I'm able to change maps while the car is running, even in motion.

Cruise control stalk
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote