follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Which jab have you had?
Pfizer 53 51.96%
Moderna 27 26.47%
Johnson & Johnson 6 5.88%
AstraZeneca 4 3.92%
Novavax 0 0%
Sputnik 1 0.98%
Convidecia 0 0%
Homebrew with a big dose of something special 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 06:33 PM   #1163
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
Show me where I said:
That the vaccine was more dangerous than the virus.
That I think the vaccine causes cancer or something.
That I am an anti-vaxer.

Still waiting.

Not contested by just me, Sweden had a lax lockdown and reaction compared to the United States and had a similar result in infection rates..
Closer to home southeastern states like Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, etc had less stringent lockdowns (and deaths) than Northeastern states like New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and again had a similar result in infection rates. Infection Rate Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cans-by-state/
Death Rate Source: https://www.heritage.org/data-visual...ates-by-state/

Of course the assessment changes based by multiple factors. That doesn't change the overall, combined risk assessment which is what I was referring to. A healthy 20 year old should take different precautions than a 75 year old smoker with Copd and 1 lung. You also assume the exposure rate is not 100%, where is the data to back that up?

How does India with a population of 1,390,036,134, the second largest population in the world only have 162,000 deaths from Covid-19 with limited lockdowns, lower living conditions and less access to healthcare than the United States with a population of 332,427,013 and 563,926 deaths? (Maybe it was the hydroxychloroquine that is taken regularly there for malaria? ) Do you really think they did a better job than us? Do you really think the rest of the world did a better job than us?

Common sense tells me our numbers seem hyper-inflated.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

"Fear's greatest weapon is its ability to blind one to anything. In its presence, we forget there are others to consider, things to save besides ourselves."
So why aren’t you getting the vaccine again?

How is Sweden a good example? They didn’t do great and also didn’t do nothing. Try listing what they did do to thwart the spread of the virus. Try comparing apples to apples. If infection rates are identical in a rural area and in a major, dense city then did they both handle things equally well?

If the exposure rate was 100%, meaning everyone had immunity, then the case and death rate would be zero. The only way the case rate is not zero with a 100% exposure rate is if reinfection is super common.

India has done about half the number of tests as the US, even with their larger population. Research how poor India is at reporting deaths in general in rural areas and even in the cities; I’m sure it is even worse now. Like other countries, India is use to pandemics and their response as a country isn’t defiance.

Our numbers are not hyper-inflated. Another conspiracy theory wacko, and this is why I lost interest in this thread.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:46 PM   #1164
BigHugeFatGuy

Drives: 2016 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Sweden also didn't host Sturgis last year.
The US didn't have a "lockdown" at all compared to China. Some restaurants got turned into a drive-thru, but you've always been able to go to Home Depot, Autozone, or the strip club in 9/10 counties.
We probably have the highest death rate because we're a bunch of fatties (relevant screen name here not an actual picture of health).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigHugeFatGuy For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (03-30-2021), Opie (03-31-2021), spike021 (03-30-2021), weederr33 (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 07:04 PM   #1165
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
I have nothing but disgust and derision for conspiracy theorists during a pandemic.

Their desire to shake up people's beliefs overrides any acknowledgement that we are working against unnecessary deaths.

Reminds me of a documentary I saw on Trump the other night where he gets labelled a malignant narcissist. Crazy label.
Spreading misinformation during a pandemic can be considered malignant IMO..

A quick search reveals Ontario has roughly 1/3 the deaths per thousand vs Cali, Fla, IL. I think it's a combination of inter-state travel, political priorities and the stubborn unwillingness to shut down the economy no matter how bad it gets. The opposite of New Zealand, where the govt. cracked down on individual freedom to save lives. I can't believe masks arent required in Fla. Is that some sort of denial or they just don't want to ruin the vacation vibe while the "stench" of death permeates?

So, you might come out with more lost friends and relatives but hoping for less financial repercussions.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 03-30-2021 at 07:14 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Capt Spaulding (03-30-2021), Irace86.2.0 (03-30-2021), Ultramaroon (03-30-2021), weederr33 (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 07:19 PM   #1166
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I have nothing but disgust and derision for conspiracy theorists during a pandemic.

Their desire to shake up people's beliefs overrides any acknowledgement that we are working against unnecessary deaths.

Reminds me of a documentary I saw on Trump the other night where he gets labelled a malignant narcissist. Crazy label.
Spreading misinformation during a pandemic can be considered malignant IMO..

A quick search reveals Ontario has roughly 1/3 the deaths per thousand vs Cali, Fla, IL. I think it's a combination of inter-state travel, political priorities and the stubborn unwillingness to shut down the economy no matter how bad it gets. The opposite of New Zealand, where the govt. cracked down on individual freedom to save lives. I can't believe masks arent required in Fla. Is that some sort of denial or they just don't want to ruin the vacation vibe while the "stench" of death permeates?

So, you might come out with more lost friends and relatives but hoping for less financial repercussions.
The irony in it all is that you have Cuomo going under investigation for under-inflating deaths, and we are getting conspiracy theories about over-inflating deaths from Opie.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:56 PM   #1167
BigHugeFatGuy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impure_client View Post
We just like the smell of death in Florida. In fact I had that deadly Covid a couple weeks ago. By far the worst thing I've ever dealt with in my life....
I had a light cough, runny nose and lost smell/taste. Common cold is usually worse from what I've experienced.
I'm 6'3" 193 (BMI 24), no underlying health issues (not even allergies), and run 5ks for fun (19:49 best), and average 14,000 steps a day.

Imagine being your phone at 1% battery and a video is playing. Being so tired that you're unable to actually think. Walking 20 ft to the toilet leaves you shaking. You forget to eat because you don't feel anything, as exhaustion is the entire world. Chills require: sweatpants, socks, hoodie, two blankets, comforter, and heating pad to keep at bay. BTW, that hoodie hurts the scalp. Sitting in a comfy ergonomic desk chair with feet on the floor hurts ass and feet. Toweling off after a shower hurts everything. Coughing up a lung randomly for the next month sucks when you're trying to work, talk, or just breathe like a normal person. COVIDbrain made me forget how to make bacon when I finally had enough energy to make it, and two months later I still struggle to come up with common 6th-grade words like "percentage."

Congrats on being the internationally known "Florida Man."
It's not actually an honor.

I hope you didn't pass it on to someone you care about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigHugeFatGuy For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (03-30-2021), Spuds (03-31-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 09:52 PM   #1168
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
@ Impure_client because a PSW caught the virus, my father, who was living in lockdown conditions for almost a year in a senior residence died before his time. He wasn't sick or suffering any life threatening condition before that. He needed someone to help him shower for his safety. I called him on the morning of Dec 29 and he was gasping for air, suffocating, and it went from there to looking ok on Jan 1 on O2 in intensive care. I have a FaceTime of him talking with my sister and looking alert and smiling. Two days later we we were informed he had deteriorated and to prepare for the worst. This is when the lungs fill with fluid as the body is attacked and the inflammatory response goes haywire. The compassionate thing is to sedate a person who is literally suffocating to death.

Your attitude and inappropriate emoji use sadly expose your shallow, self centered mind.

They also expose a huge flaw with a big chunk of society that ultimately results in more deaths than necessary. But don't worry, it was a piece of cake for you so it didn't happen. Othwr human tragedies have been denied in the past. Don't let anyone hold you back with living your life. People that need surgery or treatment will just sit tight as the hospital cancels their scheduled procedures as we enter wave 3. Herd immunity is ~80% having 2 vaccines + a few weeks. We're nowhere near that where I am. Minimizing things that don't affect you as deeply. OK maybe when you're a certain age we can put a noose around your neck and slowly tighten it until you die in a week or two, all the while being fully aware of whats happening, ok?

Some people should be taken to palliative wards and maybe the morgue and you know, smear their face in it a bit so they'll know for sure that it's real.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 03-30-2021 at 10:25 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (03-30-2021), Kaotic Lazagna (03-31-2021), Spuds (03-31-2021), Ultramaroon (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 10:06 PM   #1169
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Got it from fiance' who got it from her boss and her husband. All of us had the same weak cold like symptoms. I worked straight through it...outside doing manual labor. Worst part was not tasting food for a week. Florida man wins this time. No mask worn for the last year by the way and will keep on keeping it that way. Florida man has no time to stand in line with the other sheep because he needs to keep living normalcy.

Sounds like you had a flu since that what flu symptoms usually do. Probably not though, flu has been eradicated as of March last year...lol

Florida hate, something new.... Everybody hates us because they anus.
I'll simply voice my opinion here with as little bias as possible.... I've had people I know die. I've watched friends suffer who lost loved ones. So for you to wave your **** around like it's no big deal is nothing short of foolish and ignorant. Sure you may not have been affected heavily, but no one is you. But I'm sure that doesn't matter to you, but whatever. lol

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
BigHugeFatGuy (03-30-2021), Dadhawk (03-31-2021), Irace86.2.0 (03-30-2021), Kaotic Lazagna (03-31-2021), Spuds (03-31-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 11:08 PM   #1170
BigHugeFatGuy

Garage
Quote:
Got it from fiance' who got it from her boss and her husband. All of us had the same weak cold like symptoms. I worked straight through it...outside doing manual labor. Worst part was not tasting food for a week. Florida man wins this time. No mask worn for the last year by the way and will keep on keeping it that way. Florida man has no time to stand in line with the other sheep because he needs to keep living normalcy.

Sounds like you had a flu since that what flu symptoms usually do. Probably not though, flu has been eradicated as of March last year...lol

Florida hate, something new.... Everybody hates us because they anus.
It's not hate. It's embarrassment that you keep making international news making the US look like yokels.

Flu is chills and fever for 24 hours. This was 100% fuckery for 2 weeks, plus month.

In other words, you have no empathy for others (which is another reason our numbers are high), so "fuckem if they ain't me. Shouldn'ta been old if ya wanted to live sheep."
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to BigHugeFatGuy For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 11:09 PM   #1171
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,346 Times in 4,127 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Yes, I know this is a crass generalization but I'm confident you'll get the gist.

Name:  1LGq9xJ.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  37.4 KB

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Captain Snooze For This Useful Post:
BigHugeFatGuy (03-31-2021), Dadhawk (03-31-2021), Irace86.2.0 (03-30-2021), JD001 (03-31-2021), Spuds (03-31-2021), Ultramaroon (03-31-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 11:32 PM   #1172
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
I have considered printing t shirts with a McDonald's classic sign, you know the one that says billions served.

Except the name is McDiarreah.

Probably sell a ton on Ebay until, there's an injunction for honesty in advertising.

A decade ago it was this sticker, sold as Japanese "race symbol". I made a ton.

Except the joke was on them, it's the symbol for "rice".
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2021, 11:52 PM   #1173
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Yes, I know this is a crass generalization but I'm confident you'll get the gist.

Attachment 198791
That was my sarcastic joke to Opie a few posts back where I said:

Quote:
Are you one of those cigarette-smoking, anti-vaxxers who “doesn’t put anything unnatural in their body”?
The McRib meme was funnier. My joke was poorly delivered. Same point.
Captain Snooze (03-31-2021), spike021 (03-31-2021), Ultramaroon (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 12:29 AM   #1174
Irace86.2.0

Anti-vaxxers aren’t new. The frustrated expression on this physician’s face is so relatable:

Old 03-31-2021, 01:16 AM   #1175
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
For anyone who was considering holding out for a particular vaccine, this is an interesting video. The point is, take whichever vaccine is available first. In the case of AstraZeneca, there is almost no chance of adverse reaction for people 55 and up and there is a protocol in place for anyone who shows any symptoms in the first few days.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (03-31-2021), Irace86.2.0 (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 03:26 AM   #1176
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,187 Times in 3,474 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
I’ll say it again...regurgitating old talking points...
Okay, you can go away.. we'll find Irace86.3.0 who will be happier spinning ole yarns..

"Calling Mr Irace86.3.0, your time has come!"..

Last edited by JD001; 03-31-2021 at 12:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (03-31-2021), spike021 (03-31-2021)
Closed Thread

Tags
eagle5 got sandy vag, tread harder daddy, tylerlieberman is a cuck