follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 06-23-2019, 10:03 PM   #29
COBlue

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Odd. Don’t have that issue on mine (although admittedly I don’t use the physical buttons much).
COBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:36 PM   #30
Drifter X

Drives: 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
That is weird. I can use both set of buttons no problem. I know on certain screens the steering wheel buttons dont work. Like the settings screen or EQ screen, you have use to the buttons on the HU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drifter X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:57 AM   #31
1quickchic

Drives: 2013 Panda ft86/FRS
pardon me late on the convo, though been following, I just got a kenwoods dnx695s and maestro rr, also t01 and also sub02 adaptors well it seems I have better functionality with the t01 though I don't really have an option to flash the maestro rr, well I am having an issue, and that is it isn't wanting to display the oil temp or trans temp (they are x'd out/greyed) now I am lost as I have seen these cars with the ability to show that on the gauges as well as it was mentioned in the first page, but idk what the deal is here, I have updated the head units firmware and still the same, also idk if this is effecting it, but I am on ecutek with racerom, anyone have some advice, I really bought this for those 2 gages, I mean the tire temp is real nice, but really want the oil/trans oil temps
1quickchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:55 PM   #32
NCtoBRZ

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1quickchic View Post
pardon me late on the convo, though been following, I just got a kenwoods dnx695s and maestro rr, also t01 and also sub02 adaptors well it seems I have better functionality with the t01 though I don't really have an option to flash the maestro rr, well I am having an issue, and that is it isn't wanting to display the oil temp or trans temp (they are x'd out/greyed) now I am lost as I have seen these cars with the ability to show that on the gauges as well as it was mentioned in the first page, but idk what the deal is here, I have updated the head units firmware and still the same, also idk if this is effecting it, but I am on ecutek with racerom, anyone have some advice, I really bought this for those 2 gages, I mean the tire temp is real nice, but really want the oil/trans oil temps
Holy Moses that is a lot of commas. What do you mean you “don’t really have an option to flash the Maestro RR”? It’s important to use the proper firmware on the RR for the specific head unit/vehicle combination that applies to your install. I haven’t heard of anybody else having trouble seeing the gauges that you are referring to, but I only have experience with the Pioneer head unit. I would recommend contacting idatalink support to see if they can advise as to why specific gauges might not be working... but it seems possible that your ecutek could have something to do with it.
NCtoBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:51 PM   #33
n5000

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited
This thread has been very useful to me. I just bought a 2017 BRZ this month and I am going to tackle a Pioneer AVIC-W8500NEX install this weekend (with the Maestro RR and SU2 harness). My understanding of the factory amp is that it only powers the front speakers and not the rears. If I am correct in this understanding, should I wire the front two speakers to the front amp outputs on the Pioneer harness and the rear two speakers to the speaker lead outputs (opposed to the rear amp outputs on the Pioneer harness)? Everything else on the Maestro RR install instructions seem to make sense to me. Thanks for any input you can provide.
n5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 01:37 PM   #34
haohmaru

Drives: White 2017 BRZ Limited Sports
That's correct, the speakers all wires the same with or without the amp, you just need to wire the "turn on" signal wire to the stock amp or you'll get no sound from the door speakers.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:50 PM   #35
n5000

Thanks for the response. I understand the need to wire the turn on signal, but thanks for the reminder. To expand on my concern/question; if I wire all four speakers to the "speaker level" outputs (opposed to the amplifier outputs) will the signal going to the factory amp be over amplified and cause the door speakers to be too loud?
Thanks!
Old 07-24-2019, 09:30 PM   #36
n5000

After some more research, it appears as if the factory amp can handle speaker level outputs.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:10 PM   #37
MarvinC93

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Limited MT
Hey guys just wanted to chime in and say that if anyone was wondering how the Maestro RR works in the BRZs without steering wheel controls (2016 and earlier) it does in fact work. I have a 2016 Limited MT with OEM Audio+ 500Q sound system and the Pioneer AVH-2440NEX head unit. I used the TO1 wiring harnesses and unfortunately I don’t know any more of the specifics relating to the wiring because I had it done at a Best Buy since I already had their Total Tech Support membership which covers a lot of stuff including any auto installs at no additional cost. And if anything stops working or fails they fix it for free.

MarvinC93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:12 PM   #38
ETM_Shaman

Drives: 2013 Toyota GT86
Does anyone have a working oil temperature reading with the Maestro RR?

That's the reading that interested me the most for getting the Maestro RR but it's grayed out. I'm running a custom tune, but I've tried flashing back to stock and still the same.

I'm using the SU2 harness and firmware. Maybe try Toyota firmware?
Old 09-10-2019, 03:24 PM   #39
COBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM_Shaman View Post
Does anyone have a working oil temperature reading with the Maestro RR?

That's the reading that interested me the most for getting the Maestro RR but it's grayed out. I'm running a custom tune, but I've tried flashing back to stock and still the same.

I'm using the SU2 harness and firmware. Maybe try Toyota firmware?
My oil temp has always worked with TO1 harness and BRZ firmware and SU2 harness and WRX firmware. I haven't checked lately but maybe they have 2017+ firmware for SU2 now...?
Old 09-11-2019, 08:11 PM   #40
ETM_Shaman

Drives: 2013 Toyota GT86
Is your car tuned or stock?
Do you happen to know which calibration id?

I guess I'll hace to try the WRX firmware!

Thanks,

Eduardo
Old 09-11-2019, 08:19 PM   #41
COBlue

All stock.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:15 AM   #42
UT_BRZ

Drives: 17 Limited BRZ
I run the maestro rr on my 17 BRZ and the five gauges I run are speedometer, coolant temp, oil temp AFR and Boost. I am custom tuned running a JDL turbo setup. Two months ago I flashed my maestro rr to a 17 BRZ and with that update, it enabled TPMS.

Where are you pulling the info for the Maestro rr (obd, etc.)? I have mine wired to the CAN plug behind the glove box to pull all my info.
UT_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UT_BRZ For This Useful Post:
PerCompLLC (01-19-2023)