follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 03-19-2018, 02:16 PM   #71
JeremyR

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I love this car. Not because it's a Prius, but because you are building it with top quality parts and it looks clean.

I know a lot of people here don't "get" the whole mod a Prius thing, but it has pretty decent aftermarket support in Japan. There are plenty of Prius owners in Japan fixing these up, and other hybrids. (The Honda CR-Z comes to mind)

The Prius doesn't have that same stigma in Japan that it has in the US. In fact it's quite the opposite.

It pretty much falls into the same category as vans, vip and dekotora type builds. This is a big part of Japan's custom scene that largely goes unnoticed here.

Just because you don't like the Prius, doesn't mean you should shit on him for it. I'm glad to see such an original build in a forum filled with cookie cutter paint-by-numbers brz/fr-s.

Keep the up dates comin man!

REALMS BRZ Build Thread
HKS|Parts Shop MAX|Battle Version|ADVAN|Beatrush
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeremyR For This Useful Post:
lantsalot (05-29-2018), new2subaru (03-19-2018), Tristor (03-19-2018), yurikaze (05-29-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 02:33 PM   #72
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
I love this car. Not because it's a Prius, but because you are building it with top quality parts and it looks clean.

I know a lot of people here don't "get" the whole mod a Prius thing, but it has pretty decent aftermarket support in Japan. There are plenty of Prius owners in Japan fixing these up, and other hybrids. (The Honda CR-Z comes to mind)

The Prius doesn't have that same stigma in Japan that it has in the US. In fact it's quite the opposite.

It pretty much falls into the same category as vans, vip and dekotora type builds. This is a big part of Japan's custom scene that largely goes unnoticed here.

Just because you don't like the Prius, doesn't mean you should shit on him for it. I'm glad to see such an original build in a forum filled with cookie cutter paint-by-numbers brz/fr-s.

Same thing with the Yaris (I'm on my second one). People always ask why I mod mine and not just focus on my FR-S.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
JeremyR (05-30-2018), why? (06-05-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #73
Tk rocket

Drives: Prius
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks for the kind words sir. Prius isn't for everyone and due to the stigma with the car has it really shocks alot of people when they see the car. Its kinda fun being the under dog and the reactions I get on a car everyone hates.
Tk rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tk rocket For This Useful Post:
JeremyR (03-20-2018), Tristor (03-19-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 09:34 PM   #74
Tk rocket

Leveled up today w/ -3 camber shims, camber bolts and 19 inch vsxx

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tk rocket For This Useful Post:
bcj (05-13-2018), lantsalot (05-29-2018), spike021 (05-14-2018), yurikaze (05-29-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 03:10 PM   #75
arkanist

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited, Stock
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Your images on page 1 aren't loading.
arkanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:45 PM   #76
lantsalot
Derp

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Greg BRZ View Post
I believe the size of the aftermarket support for our cars kind of dictates that people want to mod it. I mean honestly good luck finding a bone stock twin in 5 years.

To be honest, I would rather have a base model Prius, if I had to have one. Who wants to draw extra attention to the fact that you are driving a vagina on wheels?
If anything, the fact that he's taking this on should be MORE impressive given the extremely limited aftermarket support for the vehicle. It's super easy to find multiple threads for reviews, suggestions, DIY's and what not for nearly every part imaginable for our cars. But I imagine to do the same at such a high quality for a prius takes much more effort.

So from that perspective...we're just lazy for modding a car with so much aftermarket support. Doesn't mean it's more or less worthy.
lantsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:44 PM   #77
yurikaze

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS (CBS), AE86 GT-S, MA70
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

This is so true. Every time I'm in Japan, Prii make up about 1/3-1/2 of all modded cars I see, with 86 twins making up another 1/3, and some of the builds are pretty amazing.
This guy knows what's up, and is more in tune with what's actually happening with the JDM.
Also, a Prius can be made to handle pretty well with the right mods. My fiancee used to take hers to the canyons often before she upgraded to a BMW 128i.
yurikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yurikaze For This Useful Post:
JeremyR (05-30-2018)
Old 06-05-2018, 02:56 AM   #78
Tk rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by lantsalot View Post
If anything, the fact that he's taking this on should be MORE impressive given the extremely limited aftermarket support for the vehicle. It's super easy to find multiple threads for reviews, suggestions, DIY's and what not for nearly every part imaginable for our cars. But I imagine to do the same at such a high quality for a prius takes much more effort.

So from that perspective...we're just lazy for modding a car with so much aftermarket support. Doesn't mean it's more or less worthy.
Believe it or not there is huge aftermarket support for the prius. Just as much as a civic for example. It's just not main stream and alot of the parts have to be imported from Japan. I also happen to have a great shop who specializes on knowing how to install almost any specialty part.

Either way tho. Just got from Toyota fest and installed a aim gain front lip and roof wing a day before the show.

Came back with a award of excellence of workman ship trophy!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tk rocket For This Useful Post:
Cheeky (06-05-2018), JeremyR (06-06-2018), lantsalot (06-05-2018)
Old 06-05-2018, 10:43 AM   #79
Cheeky

Drives: 10 Series FRS
came to this thread and did not laugh, you have one cool prius sir
Cheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #80
TorontoNat

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt [Gray]
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
lol why is this here? Is there not ftpriusclub.com?
Old 06-05-2018, 12:37 PM   #81
arkanist

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited, Stock
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoNat View Post
It's not the first time we had a non-FT86 build thread here, we don't have an overwhelming number of non-FT86 builds, and people seem to enjoy this build. I don't see an issue.
arkanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:47 PM   #82
Tk rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoNat View Post
I joined due to the shared 5x100 bolt pattern to to find some used wheels. May as well join the party.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tk rocket For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-06-2018), Ultramaroon (06-06-2018)
Old 06-05-2018, 01:14 PM   #83
TorontoNat

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt [Gray]
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkanist View Post
It's not the first time we had a non-FT86 build thread here, we don't have an overwhelming number of non-FT86 builds, and people seem to enjoy this build. I don't see an issue.
No Issue, just curious and thought it was funny. Not my type of build but still nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk rocket View Post
I joined due to the shared 5x100 bolt pattern to to find some used wheels. May as well join the party.
Join it for real and get a twin I promise you wont regret it.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:33 PM   #84
eFRS

Drives: '15 Halo MT FRS
Former modded Prius owner here.

Love your Prius and your build.

Makes me miss mine
eFRS is offline   Reply With Quote