follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 10:06 AM   #43
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorrr View Post
1) I don't do ANYTHING for anyone.. I just love building cars and I have since I was younger and I'll continue to do it til the day I die lol. This widebody is for me.. for all the hard work i've put at work and at school.
2) I CAN Afford just buying it all in cash with the install and paint if I wanted to. Why does everyone assume that just because i want to build my credit a little bit more on car parts that all of a sudden I'm broke??? Dude i have a good amount saved up in my bank account and could do this build 4 times over if I wanted and im not BULLSHITTING or just blowing smoke here.
3) Building cars is my hobby and mostly what I buy aside from computer stuff I suppose so its in my best interest to raise my credit in this way since I dont spend it anywhere else.
4) Yes I understand the boost isn't alot but from the beginning i kept implying that If i could raise it up a lil more with 0% interest that is definitely the BEST option possible and only on those terms will I do it.
5) I understand where your coming from dude I get it... But im keeping this car probably for as long as I can or until its totaled lol. It was my first car and I plan to continue building it even after the engine dies. I have alot of big things planned for this car once I graduate as a Mechanical Engineer.
6) I just asked one simple questions and everyone is blowing it out of proportion.. assuming things left and right.. the internet is a stupid place lol.
I just pictured that meme with the woman saying "I'm a strong independant woman who don't need no man" while reading this..... it made it better.

Good luck in life. You're going places.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Summerwolf For This Useful Post:
Goingnowherefast (01-17-2020), J1Avs (01-17-2020), KR-S (01-17-2020), soundman98 (01-17-2020), spike021 (01-17-2020), wparsons (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 12:28 PM   #44
Goingnowherefast

Drives: AP2 S2000, 91 Miata 1.8L Rotrex 5MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1Avs View Post
Actually, frequently opening up accounts and closing them, rather than having long standing lines of credit actually hurts your credit
This.

OP, you keep mentioning you have the money to buy it out right. I don't know why you'd even consider financing a purchase like this that will likely hurt your credit more than help it.

Additionally, cheers on the mechanical engineer route. If you're a car-guy there's no better career for you, and it pays well. But I think you'll also find that as you age, and you surround yourself by fellow engineers that putting a ricey looking body kit, with stupid expensive wheels that don't fit is going to net you quite a lot of scrutiny. Honestly, I would save the money. If you're looking to do something car related with it, try a track day and then put the $5,000 that you saved into a Roth IRA account. Also worth noting, there's basically no greater way to destroy a cars value then to add a wide body to it. People generally like clean, unmolested cars, not one's cut up to look like their favorite youtubers car.
why? (01-21-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 12:35 PM   #45
Will BRZ
Damn that's crazy...

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Perfect example of “Ask a stupid question, get a ‘stupid’ answer”

It’s like one thread a day where someone gets upset when we all don’t cheer them on
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will BRZ For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (01-17-2020), spike021 (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 01:09 PM   #46
juniorrr

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
You keep saying this, but you're ignoring the intelligent advice to just be using a credit card for all purchases if your actual goal is improving your credit score. Like I said before, we get about $1000/year back in cash back just for buying whatever we'd be buying anyway by using our CC's for pretty much everything we can.

Taking out multiple short term loans can hurt more than it'll help because you're having another hard hit credit check done every time you get a new one. A long standing credit card doesn't have the same downfall, and using it and paying it off in full helps more.
Duuuude I know this already that’s how I built my credit in the first place to where it is now. I did this at 16 and have ever since I know holy shit. I was only wondering if I could finance through Forgestar as another option Incase I wanted to use my credit card for something else... Andddd nooo when I have financed parts in the past they were all small inquiries I made sure of that and I did it spread out over months so it wouldn’t hurt my credit score, again I’m not an idiot and NO I’m not arrogant I know what the fuck I’m doing. I asked a simple question and you guys are telling me what I already know...
Old 01-17-2020, 01:11 PM   #47
juniorrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
I just pictured that meme with the woman saying "I'm a strong independant woman who don't need no man" while reading this..... it made it better.

Good luck in life. You're going places.
Do you expect me to let everyone just walk all over me? Lol
I am going places man I’m a smart ass kid (:
Old 01-17-2020, 01:11 PM   #48
juniorrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will BRZ View Post
Perfect example of “Ask a stupid question, get a ‘stupid’ answer”

It’s like one thread a day where someone gets upset when we all don’t cheer them on
How is this a stupid question??? People finance car parts all the time? Explain your logic Lmao
Old 01-17-2020, 01:22 PM   #49
juniorrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingnowherefast View Post
This.

OP, you keep mentioning you have the money to buy it out right. I don't know why you'd even consider financing a purchase like this that will likely hurt your credit more than help it.

Additionally, cheers on the mechanical engineer route. If you're a car-guy there's no better career for you, and it pays well. But I think you'll also find that as you age, and you surround yourself by fellow engineers that putting a ricey looking body kit, with stupid expensive wheels that don't fit is going to net you quite a lot of scrutiny. Honestly, I would save the money. If you're looking to do something car related with it, try a track day and then put the $5,000 that you saved into a Roth IRA account. Also worth noting, there's basically no greater way to destroy a cars value then to add a wide body to it. People generally like clean, unmolested cars, not one's cut up to look like their favorite youtubers car.
I have financed parts over the years and when I did a credit report in November they’ve only helped my credit in small increments and I don’t mind continuing that trend with 0% interest. Keep in mind I’m only financing using small inquiries so it hardly lowers my score initially and then it just goes up overtime as I pay.

Secondly I plan to keep this car for the rest of my life if I can or pass on to my future son etc. so the whole value of the car thing kinda doesn’t apply to me. If ima this car for that long I might as well make it look nice how I like it. And I personally do love widebodies.

I do plan to take the car to the track possibly after I rebuild the engine and supercharge it, which are future plans. I just don’t have the time for all that right now.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:26 PM   #50
juniorrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaR86 View Post
From the research I did last night on the huge amount of vape bro vlogger videos, the fitment isn't great.

Panel gaps on some, other times it doesn't sit flush. Only if you mold it to the body and paint it will it be decent. I personally don't like wide body but one video, this idiot does a crappy job cutting into his fenders, RTV the edges and uses a 50mm rear 30mm front wheel spacer. Car was pretty much spotless before he started cutting. He has to cut more because the wheels are rubbing.
It all depends on who installs the kit and their work. I’ve seen this kit twice in person installed and it looked as perfect as it gets. Not just that but the many people that have told me the kit does fit flush on the car after making adjustments.
This is why I’m taking it to a shop to be done professionally because I can do it if I really wanted to but it won’t come out as good as if a professional shop did it obviously.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #51
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
It does boost my credit a little bit at a time. How do i know this? because i've financed parts over the years with 0% interest rate and last november I did a credit report which showed me these results...
Yes i know its not the best way to improve your credit but I already knew that going in obviously... If i can boost my credit with a simple purchase WHY not do it? Its so simple i dont understand how people dont get this simple logic.
As far as the Ikonmotorsports I made a post on the facebook page where literally almost 100 people posted saying how AMAZING that replica is showing pics and all that jazz. Now that i have the kit I can even tell how good this kit is. Like i said i went to 3 body shops on their opinion of the kit and they said it was one of the best if not best replica kit they've ever seen. People on here just talk out of their ass without knowing the facts but thats the internet what can you do
The body shops want your business, they don't care what you purchased, they will blow smoke up your arse because if the get your business they get your money.

Same as when you take your car into a workshop typically.

100 people? Cool story.

Meh
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 86MLR For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (01-17-2020), spike021 (01-17-2020), wparsons (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 02:51 PM   #52
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorrr
Duuuude I know this already that’s how I built my credit in the first place to where it is now. I did this at 16 and have ever since I know holy shit. I was only wondering if I could finance through Forgestar as another option Incase I wanted to use my credit card for something else... Andddd nooo when I have financed parts in the past they were all small inquiries I made sure of that and I did it spread out over months so it wouldn’t hurt my credit score, again I’m not an idiot and NO I’m not arrogant I know what the fuck I’m doing. I asked a simple question and you guys are telling me what I already know...
Quote:
I have financed parts over the years and when I did a credit report in November they’ve only helped my credit in small increments and I don’t mind continuing that trend with 0% interest. Keep in mind I’m only financing using small inquiries so it hardly lowers my score initially and then it just goes up overtime as I pay.

Secondly I plan to keep this car for the rest of my life if I can or pass on to my future son etc. so the whole value of the car thing kinda doesn’t apply to me. If ima this car for that long I might as well make it look nice how I like it. And I personally do love widebodies.
You should probably talk to a financial planner... credit inquiries don't matter how much the loan is for, it's the volume of them. When they do a credit check it doesn't indicate how much you're applying for. Long term you'd be better off with a higher credit limit on your credit card, or buying something on the credit card and paying it off the same day instead of waiting for the bill to come.

Frequently applying for small loans can be a red flag to banks/creditors if you do it too much.

But you already knew all that, since you're an expert, but not arrogant.

Quote:
I do plan to take the car to the track possibly after I rebuild the engine and supercharge it, which are future plans. I just don’t have the time for all that right now.
Off topic, but if you're going to track the car you should learn with it stock before adding a ton of modifications, but I'm sure you're an expert on that too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
Shizuka (01-17-2020), soundman98 (01-17-2020), spike021 (01-17-2020), why? (01-21-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 02:55 PM   #53
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
I’m not an idiot and NO I’m not arrogant I know what the fuck I’m doing

Quote:
Do you expect me to let everyone just walk all over me? Lol
I am going places man I’m a smart ass kid (:

Yep, sure showed us...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
humfrz (01-17-2020), NWFRS (01-18-2020), Shizuka (01-17-2020), soundman98 (01-17-2020), spike021 (01-17-2020), why? (01-21-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 03:38 PM   #54
Soloside
-Phil's BIGGEST FAN BOI

Drives: 2014 Greddy Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
imagine getting a credit all by your self at the tender age of 16. Must be like illegal or something.

OH WAIT.

IT IS.

It's ok if mommy and daddy gave a card under their name kiddo.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soloside For This Useful Post:
spike021 (01-17-2020), wparsons (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 03:38 PM   #55
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Granted Taken, is this you, I, we, us, them....

Wide body kit is the worse design ever, you cannot even see the panel gaps with your eyes closed, I had to open my eyes to see the short panels and gaps, what were they thing.

In other news
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to 86MLR For This Useful Post:
wparsons (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 04:40 PM   #56
Shizuka

Drives: 2018 BRZ PP (Modified)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaR86 View Post
From the research I did last night on the huge amount of vape bro vlogger videos, the fitment isn't great.

Panel gaps on some, other times it doesn't sit flush. Only if you mold it to the body and paint it will it be decent. I personally don't like wide body but one video, this idiot does a crappy job cutting into his fenders, RTV the edges and uses a 50mm rear 30mm front wheel spacer. Car was pretty much spotless before he started cutting. He has to cut more because the wheels are rubbing.
Yeah I've heard they're a real pain to paint properly as well, pretty much guaranteed orange peel according to a buddy of mine... I'll probably get the RBV1 fenders since it's only about a grand for all four rather than doing Varis or something like that

Closed Thread