follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 11-01-2019, 02:58 AM   #15
nik25

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Oh, pay me no nevermind, I'm just not a fan of body kits in general.

When I was a young man, we just didn't do stuff to car's bodies that made them look like something they weren't -

humfrz
Haha, yea, my dad was one of those types. He modded his car, but not the body. Though the world of Instagram and YouTube has changed all that.
nik25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:32 AM   #16
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
If you daily it be aware that you will get defected pretty quick running a wide body.

Getting it cleared will be problematic.

I would have a look at the RMS in relation to modifications.

You can have all the performance mods you like, and if done right the local constabulary won't bat an eyelid, but, rolling in a wide body is like being the heat signature of a Carl Gustaf, your going to get noticed.
Attached Images

86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86MLR For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-01-2019)
Old 11-01-2019, 03:51 AM   #17
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,183 Times in 3,472 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Go widebody for a year or 2.. keep it in primer until you've saved enough for wheels... It'll look like one of those weight training freaks that are seen at many local gyms, pumped up torso with skinny legs...

Joking aside, if you want to do it, do the whole thing in one go.. but remember there is no coming back... Much like a tattoo..
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:07 AM   #18
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik25 View Post
They seem to be fairly expensive. I've found the full rocket bunny kit on eBay which is much cheaper.
You've found knock off kits on Ebay much cheaper.

To do these things "right" requires a LOT of investment in time and money. If you're not prepared to do it right, don't do it.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Summerwolf For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-01-2019)
Old 11-01-2019, 08:51 AM   #19
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
They seem to be fairly expensive. I've found the full rocket bunny kit on eBay which is much cheaper.
Make sure that the full "Rocket Bunny" kit on Ebay is real and not Racket Bunny or something like that. If it is that much cheaper there is almost sure to be something shady about it since real kits are not cheap. Some guys get knock offs and get away with it but most end up going down in a spiral that is hard to recover from.
Oh and NEVER EVER EVER use spacers to fill the space between narrow tires and a widebody kit! It is the goofiest look you can achieve and even people that don't know much can tell you are pretending.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:45 AM   #20
evomike

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
You've found knock off kits on Ebay much cheaper.

To do these things "right" requires a LOT of investment in time and money. If you're not prepared to do it right, don't do it.
^^^this is correct

i bought a rep kit off ebay to get a bumper extension that i destroyed and man did the bumper extension fit like complete garbage, spend the money on a real kit or do not go down this venture at all. there is no wheels or kit first it is all at the same time or the wheels will be the wrong size. You need large wheels with an aggressive offset to fill out the fenders, these wheels will not fit stock body and wheels that fit stock body will not fit this kit
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:10 PM   #21
Mr.ac
[insert cool phrase here]

Drives: BRZ Premium
Thanked 1,558 Times in 930 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm in my early 20's. I completely understand that it it won't make my car go faster. Personally, I don't want my car to go any faster than it does. I want to make my car a "show" car, rather than a performance car. I'm not that interested in racing tbh.
Congrats, you are a ricer.

Should have bought a Civic.
Mr.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 02:05 AM   #22
Skyehigh55

Drives: 2017 Pure Red BRZ w/ Perf Package
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I’ll just say this OP. This forum obviously doesn’t think too highly of wide body kits especially when they’re expensive, all show and no go. It seems to many owners like an insult to slap a body kit onto a car that handles amazing for its price just to be parked in a parking lot, but to each their own. You’re probably better off joining a stance or show car forum to figure out what you need if you don’t want to receive backlash.

To answer your original question about fitment, you can use this website to find out what size wheels you need to fit wide body.

https://www.ft86motorsports.com/wheelitfit/

The drop down menu on the bottom left has models for Rocket Bunny fitment. It even models it slightly in reference to the panels so you can use that as a reference.

Just my $.02, get both done at the same time. Won’t have a weird phase where your wheels are too wide or sunken due to having a wide body kit on or not. Do it once and do it right and you won’t regret it.

Good luck on your build and future endeavors!
Skyehigh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:02 AM   #23
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Use this when looking for rims

https://www.ft86motorsports.com/wheelitfit/

Work out additional width, the RB wide is around 40mm front and 60mm rear.

Don't have an obnoxious exhaust

Don't get stupid camber, -2° front and -1.5° rear with good street tyres and your car will still handle, any more and it will be shit.

You will need to cut metal.

Think alot

Shop smart

No regrats.........
86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote