follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 05-08-2018, 11:30 PM   #29
Elliotw

Drives: '18 BRZ tS, '18 GTI SE, '11 RS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Silveira View Post
Elliot, thank you so much for the support and kind words. Let me tell you, you're far too kind. I'd love to hear your opinion? What wheels and tail lights would "finish it off" for you? I have the 18-inch Enkei STI's that are now finally stateside from the tS. Just waiting to wear the factory tires out before those go on. Will do on the exhaust note. It's a bit throatier but nothing too loud if that's what your seeking. Definitely a deeper tone though.

Also, get ready to laugh but I'm glad you love this blue. I have my moments with it. Believe it or not, most of the time I wish I would have gone with a more subtle color... say DGM or SWP.
I completely forgot about those wheels you got. Those will look awesome. I would go Valenti or Toms tails. Those would look so awesome. Id pick up a 4th taillight by Valenti as well. I really like Valenti Revo. But they are pricey. I feel like this is the best color for the BRZ. Own it and enjoy it! Very curious on the exhaust as well.
Elliotw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Elliotw For This Useful Post:
Jordan Silveira (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 11:38 PM   #30
Jordan Silveira

Drives: 2016 Subaru Series.HyperBlue #631
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliotw View Post
I completely forgot about those wheels you got. Those will look awesome. I would go Valenti or Toms tails. Those would look so awesome. Id pick up a 4th taillight by Valenti as well. I really like Valenti Revo. But they are pricey. I feel like this is the best color for the BRZ. Own it and enjoy it! Very curious on the exhaust as well.
I love Tom's and Revo's too. I just don't know if the clear Tom's or red Tom's would look better. No reference point. Also, everyone has Tom's! I love the Revo's but exactly as you said, THEY ARE SO PRICEY! They don't jive with my BoB vision hahaha.

I guess you're right. Just embrace that bright, loud, look at me HyperBlue paint job. I'll be sure to get an upload of the exhaust as well. Still coming out of the stock muffler though

Last edited by Jordan Silveira; 05-24-2018 at 02:18 AM.
Jordan Silveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 02:48 AM   #31
Jordan Silveira

Did Someone Say Brembos?

Simple and sweet…I’ve been a busy bee thus far in 2018. What next you ask? Well it’s Brembo time! That’s right, the oh so controversial STI Brembo kit for our cars that lead some to say you’ll die driving if you do the swap. First off, much appreciation to @kuczynskika for the help in progressing my BRZ3N build and information regarding this swap! As I’m sure many know, there are a ton of Big Brake Kits out there on the market for our cars. StopTech, Wilwood, AP Racing, etc. As you can imagine however, based on the BRZ3N OEM+ performance build, the STI Brembo Kit was a given. This swap for the unfamiliar entails flipping the bleeder valves on the front calipers for the proper orientation or swapping the front calipers from L to R. These front calipers have had the bleeder valves flipped. I will be pairing these to go with my JDM tS 18-inch Enkei wheels. They’ll be accompanied by DBA T3 4000 Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, and to be added at a later date; Radium Master Cylinder Brace and stainless-steel brake lines.

I’m excited to get this swap done but admittedly, it’ll have to wait for a while. I am piecing together a few other things at the moment and won’t be able to use these until I get tires for the tS Enkei wheels and get those ready to be mounted on the BRZ. In the interim, I have plenty of life left on my factory tires and so I’ll be running those down while I work on acquiring the funds for the Radium Master Cylinder Brace and stainless-steel brake lines along with other projects for the BRZ3N build.

With that said, one of those projects I’ll be discussing soon! Thanks again for your time and I hope you enjoi the BRZ3N build journey as much as I am. Stay tuned as there’s more to come soon. Believe that!

Old 05-12-2018, 03:33 AM   #32
Elliotw

These are going to look awesome. Love the black caliper with the hyper blue and black setup! You also gotta get those sexy wheels on. Stock BRZ wheels are just so ugh!
Jordan Silveira (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 04:38 AM   #33
Jordan Silveira

Quote:
These are going to look awesome. Love the black caliper with the hyper blue and black setup! You also gotta get those sexy wheels on. Stock BRZ wheels are just so ugh!
Haha! Couldn't agree with you more buddy! It's going to be a bit though, I still need to get them powder coated as the rears are pretty beat up in the paint aspect. I'd love to get your perspective though... So here it goes:

I totally agree that black and HyperBlue go so well and obviously Subaru knew what they were doing by blacking out the mirror caps, the wheels, the fender trim, etc. However, I am considering getting the calipers coated in either HyperBlue or the black as they came naturally. The STI wheels being black obviously would kind of allow the calipers to pop if they were HyperBlue but at the same time, the stock black would kind of give them the stealth, more subtle look.I also understand that sometimes less is more. What do you think?

P.S. As an aside my fiance thinks that getting the calipers done in red (as the new PP is) similar to what you had in your Series.Yellow would look great too. I think she's crazy but her view is that due to the various STI bits having red accents, the calipers being red wouldn't hurt either.

Either way, I'd love to get your take on this. Thanks @Elliotw!

Last edited by Jordan Silveira; 05-24-2018 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:06 AM   #34
Elliotw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Silveira View Post
Haha! Couldn't agree with you more buddy! It's going to be a bit though, I still need to get them powder coated as the rears are pretty beat up in the paint aspect. I'd love to get your perspective though... So here it goes:

I totally agree that black and HyperBlue go so well and obviously Subaru knew what they were doing by blacking out the mirror caps, the wheels, the fender trim, etc. However, I am considering getting the calipers coated in either HyperBlue or the black as they came naturally. The STI wheels being black obviously would kind of allow the calipers to pop if they were HyperBlue but at the same time, the stock black would kind of give them the stealth, more subtle look.I also understand that sometimes less is more. What do you think?

P.S. As an aside my fiance thinks that getting the calipers done in red (as the new PP is) similar to what you had in your Series.Yellow would look great too. I think she's crazy but her view is that due to the various STI bits having red accents, the calipers being red wouldn't hurt either.

Either way, I'd love to get your take on this. Thanks @Elliotw!
I think you could go a lot of colors on this. Black would be stealthy, blue and red would match with the car colors. Id also love a Yellow or Orange. It would contrast nicely with the hyper blue. I lean a yellow caliper with blue car.

Jordan Silveira (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 04:34 PM   #35
Jordan Silveira

Quote:
I think you could go a lot of colors on this. Black would be stealthy, blue and red would match with the car colors. Id also love a Yellow or Orange. It would contrast nicely with the hyper blue. I lean a yellow caliper with blue car.

Man that's sweet. I love Porsche's. One day I dream haha... Have you seen Singer's? They are beautiful and stunners!

Last edited by Jordan Silveira; 05-24-2018 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:11 PM   #36
Jordan Silveira

Tuned by STI: Flexible Bracing?

As Subaru of America decided to finally roll out the BRZ tS (tuned by STI) last year and now the exclusive batch of 500 are on dealer lots, some lucky individuals can now say they own one. With that, I decided it was time to acquire some of those key ingredients that make up the stateside tS. Let me just say this, I call it “stateside” because well, that’s the nice way for me to refer to the car. I won’t deep dive on the tS that’s arrived here in the states but admittedly I was a bit disappointed to see what feels like a very half-hearted attempt from what the genuine JDM tS has represented over the years. The tS making its debut in the states certainly has its positives but I just had higher hopes overall.

Anyways, while I’ve certainly been as slow as a tortoise in my OEM+ performance build journey to closing in on a tS, I feel like in the end I’m getting there slowly but surely. I have the 18-inch Enkei’s that are found on the tS, and now… I’ve finally acquired the various “flexible” braces that STI offers for the BRZ. These include the Flexible V-Bars, Flexible Tower Bar, and Flexible Draw Stiffener. I must say, without having them on the car yet to give impressions, color me “skeptical hippo” or “skeptical snake” over these “performance” braces from STI. After doing some research on the braces, I understand that the intended effect was to add flexibility in a chassis brace designed for rigidity. However, on the surface that seems awfully contradictory to what the purpose of a chassis brace is. Which is to provide rigidity to the chassis under duress while driving. I get that theoretically this should provide comfort under less stressed driving conditions, but also finely tune the chassis and provide bracing during those high intensity and demanding driving sessions. The answer however, will have to be told over time. I also picked up an STI front grille emblem to finally tack on the build progress. That’ll surely pretty up BRZ3N’s devilish smile a bit 😊!

As always, thanks again for your time and I hope you enjoi coming along for the ride. 2018 has been quite a busy year for the BRZ3N build and we aren’t stopping yet. Let the progress continue! There’s more mods to come so stick around. Until next time FT86Club!

Old 05-19-2018, 11:39 PM   #37
JeremyR

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Love the build so far! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the draw stiffeners!

REALMS BRZ Build Thread
HKS|Parts Shop MAX|Battle Version|ADVAN|Beatrush
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JeremyR For This Useful Post:
Jordan Silveira (05-20-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 01:13 AM   #38
Jordan Silveira

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Love the build so far! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the draw stiffeners!
Hey @JeremyR,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'll be sure to let you know when the time comes.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jordan Silveira; 05-24-2018 at 02:20 AM.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:45 PM   #39
Elliotw

Can't wait to see this car all together.
Jordan Silveira (05-20-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #40
Jordan Silveira

Quote:
Can't wait to see this car all together.
Thank you so much @Elliotw I really appreciate the support. I am excited to see what your next BRZ is going to be. Please do keep me updated as I'm excited to see your build ideas come to life. I loved what you did with your Series.Yellow. It's a shame what happened to it.

Anyways, it will be a long road until it's all said and done but I'm trying to knock off what I can at the moment. Hopefully some of the bigger pieces have been taken care of thus far. Nonetheless, your continued support is more appreciated than you know. I love getting to share what BRZ3N is shaping up to be with my fellow community members.

Last edited by Jordan Silveira; 05-24-2018 at 02:20 AM.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:27 PM   #41
norcalpb

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2023 Model 3
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Glad you finally got those flexible parts.

I’m very interested about your impression with the draw stiffener.
norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to norcalpb For This Useful Post:
Jordan Silveira (05-21-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 12:14 AM   #42
Jordan Silveira

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalpb View Post
Glad you finally got those flexible parts.

I’m very interested about your impression with the draw stiffener.
Thank you @norcalpb! How are you enjoying the tower bar and v bars? Any noticeable difference? Do you have the USDM tS black v bars or these JDM ones? They should be the same, just curious. Do you have the Draw Stiffener yet? I'll be sure to keep you updated on the impressions I get from the draw stiffener regardless. Thanks again for your support I really appreciate it.

Last edited by Jordan Silveira; 05-24-2018 at 02:21 AM.