follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #43
Mavrik

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I autocrossed with a full tank this past weekend. tire pressure at 38psi in the front and 35psi in the rear. dry pavement with all trac off this time haha.

Managed 5th place PAX and 13th place Raw. Not to bad considering I was only 2 seconds off the fastest time of the day and 7 of those ahead of me were about .005 between them.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #44
Element Tuning

Drives: Hydra EMS Powered FRS Raven Black
Thanked 1,021 Times in 365 Posts
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm pretty sure the rev limiter is a throttle cut which is what most of the DBW cars do and not a fuel cut. When we finish the Hydra EMS computer we'll use a tradition ignition cut cycling through the cylinders so you can stay on the rev limiter. This was also killing me when road racing.

Even on slick tires I never experienced fuel starvation even when the fuel line came on so I'm very happy about that. The grip level is so high I'm really worried about oil pickup starvation but it seems without a boosted motor the oil is just not collecting in the heads as badly as the STis do. I noticed no oil loss from all of the racing sessions where even a stock STi would have drank a quart of oil.
Element Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Element Tuning For This Useful Post:
Scooby South (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #45
Scooby South
Conedancer

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ SWP
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I wasn't on the rev limiter..but I understand what your saying... What kind of gains are you targeting for the Hydra..for our cars.... Very interested..
-needs to be able to raise the Rev-limit
-needs to tune out the AVCS Crossover point.
-make the throttle response 'Snappy'...not flat
-hopefully have some HP gains and esp. notable Torque gains
-Selectable maps for different fuel conditions... E85???

Thanks Phil..
Scooby South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #46
Element Tuning

Drives: Hydra EMS Powered FRS Raven Black
Thanked 1,021 Times in 365 Posts
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby South View Post
I wasn't on the rev limiter..but I understand what your saying... What kind of gains are you targeting for the Hydra..for our cars.... Very interested..
-needs to be able to raise the Rev-limit
-needs to tune out the AVCS Crossover point.
-make the throttle response 'Snappy'...not flat
-hopefully have some HP gains and esp. notable Torque gains
-Selectable maps for different fuel conditions... E85???

Thanks Phil..
It's like you're reading my mind. LOL!

For NA:

Need to raise the rev limiter. The engine is still pulling when the throttle shuts down. I would say on the base maps I'll raise it +500 RPM for the soft rev limiter and a littler higher for the hard cut rev limiter.

The intake and exhaust cam cross over is terrible on Subaru engines and it's tough to tune out but I have had good luck along with finding some high rpm power with the STi motor. Hopefully I'll have the same success here.

The latest Hydra 2.7s have a much faster throttle than the OEM ECU. You can punch the throttle and it does nothing but when it does go it's exaggerated OEM. The throttle plate will move faster with the Hydra and the throttle will be linear. If you put in 30% you get 30%...very important on a race car.

I'm thinking the hot lick is going to be an E85 kit (injectors, fuel pump, flex fuel sensor) along with the Hydra's Flex Fuel Sensor support. This way map switching between fuel and E85 or any combination will be automatic. Also I'll tweak our Hydramist water/meth injection system (integrates fully into Hydra, automatic map switching when on or when a fault is detected). Typically on the boosted cars when boost is kept the same we can pick up 20-25 whp with the water/meth injection and I've even gotten gains on top of E85 using it. I'm shooting for +35 whp with Hydra, E85 (or race gas) and Hydramist.
Element Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Element Tuning For This Useful Post:
Scooby South (06-13-2012)