follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 11-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #15
RazorHawk

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6AT Firestor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Same here, Was coming home, and noticed a whistle, realized my window was down a little, so put it up. Got home, and noticed the auto up when you close the door didnt work. Came in straight to my computer having remembered this thread, went back out and fixed it up.

THANKS OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashsnazzy View Post
My windows started this after a frost this morning. I had my ECU replaced recently. I'll try to reset it myself this afternoon. Thx
2013 FR-S #04790 Firestorm, AT with:
Beatsonic Shark Fin Antenna
5AD Spoiler
205/55R16 Michelin X-Ice3 winter tires on Motegi MR 107 x 16 Rims (winter only)
Rally Armor mudflaps in black with red logos
RazorHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RazorHawk For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #16
RL_BRZ

Drives: BRZ WRB Pearl Limited Manual
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
This morning it frost my windows... And accidentally I did the same procedure in this thread... and it works fine...
RL_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #17
MmmHamSandwich
You know you want it.

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Bump. I have this issue. No tint, started after the first frost the windows have encountered. Will try the reset now...
Reset worked, though after my first attempt my driver's window got stuck in the own position and wouldn't respond. Had to cycle the ignition twice before it responded.

I'll bet we'll see more people complaining of this as winter takes foot.

The Following User _________ Stay_Puft(09-13-2014)
Says Thank You to
MmmHamSandwich For
This Useful Post:

MmmHamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #18
jesperswe

Drives: GT86
My windows does this every friggin morning now when it's cold. But after a reset they work again, but i've stopped doing that to since they'll just stop working again next morning....

I do NOT have tinted windows either. It's just a shitty mechanism...
jesperswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #19
MmmHamSandwich
You know you want it.

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesperswe View Post
My windows does this every friggin morning now when it's cold. But after a reset they work again, but i've stopped doing that to since they'll just stop working again next morning....
Contact your dealer and let them know so hopefully this issue gets reported. I will do the same.

ALSO you may want to be persistent about resetting it for now. If your windows are in this failsafe mode and you open your door, the window will go down but it will not go back up when you close your door. This leaves a crack that, while somewhat sealed, could probably allow moisture in. Water getting into that area and freezing/expanding could probably cause issues as well.

The Following User _________ Stay_Puft(09-13-2014)
Says Thank You to
MmmHamSandwich For
This Useful Post:

MmmHamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #20
Superhatch
AIM4APX

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
No tint, same issue. I started another thread but didn't notice this one when I searched.

I'll try the reset after work today, but also noticed it after our first freeze.

It rained on Monday night and was 61*, car sat on Tue, and Wed morning it was 21* when I came out, drivers door did the auto roll down but didn't come back up. Pass window wont respond at all.

At lunch drivers window went up and down, but not in auto, pass still didn't work. I went and got a wash (40* out) because my car was covered with pollen (from the 61* day...Go home weather, you're drunk) and when I got done neither window worked. Then the drivers window would roll down, but not up...then 10m later it rolled down and up but not in auto...pass window didn't work the whole time.

Have an appt with the dealer for tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #21
Superhatch
AIM4APX

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Did the ON position procedure and both windows are working normally. I did this at 6:30pm and the temp was in the low 30's.

Called the dealer and informed them of the change and canceled my appt. If it happens again I won't do the fix and take it in. After I told the dealer about the down/up procedure he said "Yup, that's the fix for all Subaru's with stuck windows". So it's a Subaru "thing"?

Anyone with other Subies have this issue in winter?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #22
jesperswe

Drives: GT86
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmHamSandwich View Post
Contact your dealer and let them know so hopefully this issue gets reported. I will do the same.

ALSO you may want to be persistent about resetting it for now. If your windows are in this failsafe mode and you open your door, the window will go down but it will not go back up when you close your door. This leaves a crack that, while somewhat sealed, could probably allow moisture in. Water getting into that area and freezing/expanding could probably cause issues as well.
They know about it but it's "the way it works in cold". Since it's somekind of failsafe system so the mechanism doesn't get damaged.

Yeah when I close the door and walk away there is a small crack left since the window doesn't go all the way up. Pretty anoying if it starts to rain
jesperswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #23
thorlius
Canadian

Drives: Frieda: Firestorm/MT (11/28/2012)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate219BRZ View Post
Put car to on, engine off. Push and hold button down until window rolls down and you hear a click. Then hold window button up until it rolls up and you hear a click. Someone forgot to reprogram your window controls....
This just happened for me today and your solution fixed everything. I had a dealership appointment set up for next weekend. I had the window moving down maybe a quarter inch when I opened the driver side door, and not go back up, so when I was parking the car, I was having to go all the way around to the passenger side, crawl across, use the window switch to put the window back up, then back out of the passenger side (the window moved properly there), and lock the doors.

Cancelled the dealership appointment and let them know about the solution. Guy said he'd check for a TSB.
thorlius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #24
jesseps

Drives: Scion FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorlius View Post
This just happened for me today and your solution fixed everything. I had a dealership appointment set up for next weekend. I had the window moving down maybe a quarter inch when I opened the driver side door, and not go back up, so when I was parking the car, I was having to go all the way around to the passenger side, crawl across, use the window switch to put the window back up, then back out of the passenger side (the window moved properly there), and lock the doors.

Cancelled the dealership appointment and let them know about the solution. Guy said he'd check for a TSB.
I have been doing that also. People gave me these weird looks, like what is wrong with this guy. I do hope the dealership can give fix this issue. Seeing when it hits -20, it will be hard to bring the window all the way down and back down to reset the window.
jesseps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #25
crazyfrenchbiker
Hot Lava 6MT

Drives: Hot Lava FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Thanks to this post, I saved myself $120 at the dealership tonight. They wanted to charge me to diagnose this problem and claim it was caused by my 6.5" speaker baffles hitting the window actuator. In all reality, I it was caused by the cold weather and a recent snow storm. They took care of the invoice for me and sent me on my way.

I made them leave the baffles on, as it didn't sound right went the service writer called me the first time.
crazyfrenchbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #26
dj_mallu

Drives: BRZ-L Black
I had the same problem today. Hold it down!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #27
JDMenrique
DEEEERP

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Garage
off to see if this works. for the record, i also dont have tint.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #28
JDMenrique
DEEEERP

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Garage
YAY!