follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 11-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #15
cliff p.

Drives: '15 BRZ series.Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
http://imgur.com/a/vcBBr

Just finished my 5 step program.

cliff p. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #16
Stay Fresh Car Care

Drives: STI
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgh View Post
I just waxed my RS 1.0 for the first time and used Meguiar's Ultimate. Seemed to be better than Meguiar's Next Generation Tech Wax 2.0 that I used to use on my Mustang. The Ultimate was a bit tougher to remove (stickier after drying), but I found there wasn't as much of a cloudy residue left over, though my Mustang was black and probably showed the residue a bit more than the Yuzu does.

Overall I'm quite happy with it and would buy it again.
You can typically expect longer protection with wax that is slightly tougher to remove. If a extra pass is needed to remove the wax I wouldn't worry about it
Old 11-24-2014, 01:29 AM   #17
myusernameisrob

Drives: FR-Z
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Fresh Car Care View Post
I think your missing my point.

Wax cleaners are nothing more then a Glaze that still have a slight abrasive chemical to them.

Gezzz there is so much misconception and misleading information in this industry, It makes me want to pull my hair out.

When we see competitors selling waxes for over $100 it drives us crazy. We hate to see people get ripped off like a simple midnight infomercial.
This is true.

I've owned and operated a Detail Shop and had to constantly educate customers on the difference between wax, polish, and compound. A lot of over the counter waxes are slightly abrasive to help workout the very tiny surface scratches and the fillers help hide the imperfections. I machine polish and clay bar mine twice a year and just use the cheap spray wax between waxes. Looks brand new everytime!
myusernameisrob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to myusernameisrob For This Useful Post:
Stay Fresh Car Care (11-28-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #18
AncientCityFRS
Poker Player

Drives: FRS Release 1.0
Blackfire Wet Diamond after a rain storm
Attached Images

AncientCityFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AncientCityFRS For This Useful Post:
NIN69 (12-21-2014)
Old 12-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #19
AncientCityFRS
Poker Player

So my current wax is Chemical Guys 3X (xxx) carnauba hard paste wax. It has 90% white & 10% yellow carnauba with clear LTL polymers. It's very easy to load onto a foam applicator pad and it easily glides onto the surface of the car. It is tough to see once applied to the Yuzu, so don't over apply. It also has a great smell. After a 20 minute wait, time to bond and dry, I checked with a finger tip, and it was ready to go. Removal with a high quality microfiber was easy and I then followed with a light buff afterwards with a super soft high pile microfiber. The result is exceptional. A nice wet glass shine/gloss. Smooth and slick to the touch. I wanted to take a picture but as we all know, when you wash/detail/wax, the rain comes. I felt a garage picture wouldn't do it justice. But the rain sheets right off. I would definitely recommend this carnauba paste wax. Just my two cents. I call it a 2 cent review.
The Following User Says Thank You to AncientCityFRS For This Useful Post:
NIN69 (12-21-2014)
Old 12-23-2014, 02:38 PM   #20
AncientCityFRS
Poker Player

Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientCityFRS View Post
So my current wax is Chemical Guys 3X (xxx) carnauba hard paste wax. It has 90% white & 10% yellow carnauba with clear LTL polymers. It's very easy to load onto a foam applicator pad and it easily glides onto the surface of the car. It is tough to see once applied to the Yuzu, so don't over apply. It also has a great smell. After a 20 minute wait, time to bond and dry, I checked with a finger tip, and it was ready to go. Removal with a high quality microfiber was easy and I then followed with a light buff afterwards with a super soft high pile microfiber. The result is exceptional. A nice wet glass shine/gloss. Smooth and slick to the touch. I wanted to take a picture but as we all know, when you wash/detail/wax, the rain comes. I felt a garage picture wouldn't do it justice. But the rain sheets right off. I would definitely recommend this carnauba paste wax. Just my two cents. I call it a 2 cent review.
Rain
Attached Images