follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 02-27-2014, 02:47 AM   #925
kamilgt

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello! My name is Kamil, i'm 22, from Warsaw, Poland. I'm looking for SWP BRZ at limited

Thank you for a lot of knowledge here!
kamilgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #926
Ursam

Drives: 2014 SSM BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi! Been reading about the twins and lurking on the forum for some time, but this is my first post.

Just did my first test drive with this vehicle and was totally impressed. The dealer let me do a protracted drive through a series of winding country roads, and I loved it. Great handling around the curves, tight steering, easy clutch and precise shifter. Maybe a lot of people want more power in this car, but with that low weight and RWD, I'm satisfied as it is, especially on winding roads. After the test drive, I got back in my Mazda3 and it handled like a pickup truck compared to the BRZ. The steering felt like mush!

I'm 6-ft 3-in, 220 lbs, so I was concerned how well I would fit in this car, especially as a DD. The seat was perhaps a bit snug, but there was nice room for my head and legs. Very comfortable ride.

For a variety of reasons, I won't be able to buy this car until summer or fall, but I'm definitely heading in that direction. Can't wait!
Ursam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #927
Ezk1el

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Sport-Tech RS
Hey, I'm a 28yo guy in Montreal, Quebec, Canada... just bought a brand new 2013 BWR BRZ Limited one month ago. The 2013 model was A LOT cheaper than the 2014, for exactly the same car, super good deal.

I am INCREDIBLY happy with my BRZ, it's an awesome car. Here's a picture equipped with a set of winter ''rally'' wheels I bought and Nokian Hakka 7 winter tires. It's better in snow than the 2013 Civic Coupe EX I gave in exchange, I hated that car.

So far I have installed the FR-S Mud Guards, installed complete clear bra for the front bumper, hood, headlights, trunk, etc.. Installed a windshield smoked strip, I just ordered a set of Smoked Valenti tail lights and a set of smoked turn signal lights also. I installed WeatherTech floor mats and a ''brushed metal'' sticker for the seat eating console (that black plastic hole looked ugly). I also ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires to replace the OEM set of tires that I plan on installing in the end of March.

Last edited by Ezk1el; 02-27-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Ezk1el is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ezk1el For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (03-10-2014)
Old 03-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #928
x Naq o

Drives: White
Hey my name is Paul, I'm 23 years old from Oklahoma City Oklahoma and bought a Limited 2014 BRZ about 2 hours ago and I'm loving it so far.
x Naq o is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x Naq o For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (03-10-2014), lxs (03-05-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #929
ohhwilliam

Drives: 14 WRB Subaru Brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Hi guys im new to the form and i recently got my Brz

I live in Los Angeles so if anyone out there in LA also hit me up.
ohhwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ohhwilliam For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (03-10-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 11:37 PM   #930
glamcem

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I just wanted to chime in. I've purchased my BRZ a week ago and been lurking on this forum. Hopefully this will be a great performer for track use, I wanted to switch to a lighter platform after spending good amount of time ( and money) on my previous cars. After a while, I figured a lighter platform with decent power will better satisfy my expectations.. Don't get me wrong I really loved the Miata but BRZ fits my needs better ( back seat for the child seats and cargo space for the track wheels and tires ..etc) and of course a lot better aftermarket/community support..

Car is completely stock (for now ) I have big plans with tight budget and cannot wait to get a Rotrex kit

glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to glamcem For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (03-10-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #931
Velutha

Drives: 2014 Black BRZ Limited
I'm finally doing it. I've been in love with these cars for what seems like forever. Last year I was on my way to the Scion dealer to pick out my FRS and had a change of heart. I've been kicking it around and procrastinating since then.

I'm leaving for the Subaru dealer in 2 hours to take a BRZ for a spin and see how it goes from there.

Hopefully I'm back in here in no time posting pictures and stories!
Velutha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Velutha For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (03-10-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #932
5foot5pinoy

Drives: 2014 BRZ white
My name is Jessel, I bought my 2014 BRZ limited SWP two days ago. I was ready to buy a FRS but was able to get the limited for $26,774, I took it home for $29,300 out the door here in San Diego. The FRS was $25,455 and Scion was firm on their pricing. One dealer wanted $27,889 on a the whiteout with fogs, spoiler and TRD exhaust. All I can say is that Subaru was a better choice for what it comes with.
Little about me, I've own 15+ mr2 and down two. I'm also working on older Toyota like 73 celica, 74 Hilux and 88 mr2. I will be putting 3sgte in all of them except the truck. I'm almost done with the swap unless I don't pick up other projects. The reason I bought the BRZ is that I was getting bored driving my Honda fit as a daily.

Home sweet home

At the dealer
5foot5pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 5foot5pinoy For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #933
White&Nerdy

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Another new guy here - just picked up my new BRZ last week. Been eyeballing the FR-S/BRZ for a while, and planned to pick one up in a few months. I've had 3 Miatas and an AW11 MR2, among other cars, but I can only have one car these days, and a Miata is too small for my cargo needs these days. I don't need much, but I do need space for camping and archery equipment for weekend SCA events. I've also done a lot of autocross and a few track days, and would like to dabble again eventually. All things considered this car is the perfect choice for me.

When my Crown Vic Police Interceptor needed $1k of work to even have a chance at passing inspection, that bumped up the timetable a bit. I went with a BRZ because I got an awesome quote on one from Village Subaru on President's Day weekend, less than an FR-S for a better equipped car, and they honored that price. They also found me what they said was the last World Rally Blue car available in New England. It's a no frills Premium but it has all I need. I had high expectations, and the car exceeds them.

It'll be almost exclusively my daily driver, but I'm sure I'll bring it out to play sometimes.
White&Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #934
CarzCarzCarz

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Hello there, I am now another WRB BRZ owner. Traded in my Mini Cooper S for one last week and and quite enjoying the BRZ. It reminds me a lot of my old 1990 RX-7, and it was a 2+2 model too. Can't wait to take this to the autocross next month. If anybody has any tips for the car, please share!
CarzCarzCarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:35 AM   #935
Velutha

Drives: 2014 Black BRZ Limited
I haven't stopped smiling since Saturday! I finally got over my anxiety or phobia or whatever of going to the dealer but I bought a Black Limited BRZ. It's rained non stop so I haven't taken pictures yet but I'm so happy!
Velutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:55 AM   #936
wraithfive

Drives: BRZ Limited 6MT
Another Newbie :-)

3 weeks with my BRZ Limited and I'm loving it! Installed OEM Audio + system this weekend. Not sure yet what else I'll do to it. Thinking probably Valenti tail lights next.
wraithfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #937
Carlos_M

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Hi everyone,

My name is Carlos, I am from Delaware, as of this past Saturday (3/8/14) I am the proud owner of a brand new Lightning Red Limited 6MT

I have been skimming through these forums for a while now just trying to soak up as much information as I could before making the plunge.

I hope to learn even more and meet some new people along the way!

Thank you!
Carlos_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #938
speargunsandracecars

Drives: 2014 BRZ
New here? Come say hi =)

Been a member for a while. Located in the Ft. Bragg/Triangle area in NC. Picked up a silver 2014 BRZ last week. I'm coming from the Miata community. I used to have an STR prepped 2013 NC Club. Bought the BRZ since I need the space to carry things around. I'm actually writing an article on the distinct differences and similarities between the two cars. Should be published next week. I hope to turn the BRZ in to an STX machine. Loving the car so far. I feel right at home coming from another sportscar.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394921027.902167.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  281.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394921058.967621.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  273.2 KB