follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 11-14-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
adamg

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Review: Racing Guys Muffler Delete

Just a quick review on this product

installation time: 15-20 min

tools required: (2) 14mm wrench's or ratchets, (1 or 2) flat heads, wd40 or some sort of lube

Jacking car up not required (my car is lowered about 4" so i drove up on 2x4's.

installation: remove 2 14mm bolts on oem axel back, spray the 4 hangers with lube, use flat head to remove hangers, remove axel back. install muffler delete, slide the hangers in, bolt the 2 new 14mm bolts with gasket. FIN.

Quality of welds and metal looks awesome, fitment is pretty close, could use different hangers to get it perfect. Sound is loud on cold start and low gears but get quiet when driving. no drone.

Pics

Video

oem exhaust with CNT headers

oem exhaust with CNT headers and Racing guys axel back (video doesn't do it justice)

Last edited by adamg; 03-18-2018 at 03:12 PM.
adamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:19 PM   #2
gconron_86

Drives: 2016 Raven Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Do you still have it on your car? How is it for daily driving, any problems or reasons not to buy it? Really considering it on my otherwise 100% stock FR-S. Lastly, how much would you expect it to cost to have someone install it for me? I'm not mechanical at all Car looks really clean with it on, definitely better than the stock tips! I might want to get burnt titanium ones welded onto it, I like the way those look against a raven FR-S like mine.
gconron_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:35 AM   #3
_gt86_user
Inactive

Drives: .
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gconron_86 View Post
Do you still have it on your car? How is it for daily driving, any problems or reasons not to buy it? Really considering it on my otherwise 100% stock FR-S. Lastly, how much would you expect it to cost to have someone install it for me? I'm not mechanical at all Car looks really clean with it on, definitely better than the stock tips! I might want to get burnt titanium ones welded onto it, I like the way those look against a raven FR-S like mine.
One a 100% stock frs I say go for it, it won't be that loud once it warms up for sure. Once you start changing other pieces of the exhaust then the volume increases dramatically imo.
_gt86_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #4
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
It's honestly a super easy install, you'd be silly to not do it yourself. It's literally 2 bolts, and you're done.

If you want to get different tips welded on, just go to a local exhaust shop and tell them what you want. It'll end up being cheaper that way if they custom build it for you and they'll probably also install it in that price.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:41 AM   #5
Dr Speed

Drives: Red
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Actually surprised this doesn't sound too bad at all! I'd personally like it a bit quieter. My neighbor has some stupid loud BRZ and it just makes me embarrassed to want to own one too.
Dr Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:43 PM   #6
adamg

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
yea, i installed it 2 weeks ago, of course its still on my car haha.

and no, there is no reason to not get it, its a pipe that bolts on, pretty hard to hate it

and in my opinon it would be the biggest waste of money to weld titanium tips on when your car is stock. the price of tips and welding will cost more than this piece and wont make your stock car look cooler
adamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:21 PM   #7
gconron_86

Garage
Yeah I'm thinking of just not doing the tips welded and putting the extra $130 or so into a jar to save for coils or new wheels. Even though I'm getting the oem under diffuser on the rear soon like what you have and I thought it would look nice. But probably not worth it for the extra money. Ps, have you tried plugging the sound tube under the passenger side floor carpet? I did it last night and it made the car so much cleaner sounding. If you could tell me what it sounds like doing that with the muffler delete it would be much appreciated. Thanks man!
Old 11-30-2015, 06:05 PM   #8
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg View Post
yea, i installed it 2 weeks ago, of course its still on my car haha.

and no, there is no reason to not get it, its a pipe that bolts on, pretty hard to hate it

and in my opinon it would be the biggest waste of money to weld titanium tips on when your car is stock. the price of tips and welding will cost more than this piece and wont make your stock car look cooler
Could you post a sound clip?
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:09 PM   #9
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

Drives: Raven GT86
Thanked 1,321 Times in 701 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Could you post a sound clip?

There's some in the first post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZOMFGAARON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:32 PM   #10
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMFGAARON View Post
There's some in the first post

My Bad, I kept clicking the part after "video" and it wouldn't open I though they were just photos so I gave up Turned off ublock and it works now.

Thanks!
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:51 AM   #11
gconron_86

Garage
Alright, got mine on order this morning. Decided against the tips for now, in a little bit if I decide it will look better than I'll do it then. Thanks for the advice!
Old 12-15-2015, 04:11 PM   #12
gconron_86

Garage
So, I finally got it installed this morning. I was expecting it to be slightly louder than the stock exhaust and to give a nice throaty tone with mostly no drone. It was literally the opposite of what I was expecting. The sound? Probably 3-4 times louder than stock inside and out of the cabin. The tone? Where do I start. All I could think of when I was driving it was that it sounded very riced out. The drone? Holy jeebus, the only time it DIDN'T drone was when I was cruising at either 54mph in 5th gear or 13mph in second gear. Long story short it was on the car for less than 45 minutes. I seriously hope you guys have better results with these things, because my ears were bleeding the whole time I had it on.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:20 PM   #13
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
So, I finally got it installed this morning. I was expecting it to be slightly louder than the stock exhaust and to give a nice throaty tone with mostly no drone. It was literally the opposite of what I was expecting. The sound? Probably 3-4 times louder than stock inside and out of the cabin. The tone? Where do I start. All I could think of when I was driving it was that it sounded very riced out. The drone? Holy jeebus, the only time it DIDN'T drone was when I was cruising at either 54mph in 5th gear or 13mph in second gear. Long story short it was on the car for less than 45 minutes. I seriously hope you guys have better results with these things, because my ears were bleeding the whole time I had it on.
What did you expect? You replaced a giant muffler with a piece of straight metal.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:35 PM   #14
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

Drives: Raven GT86
Thanked 1,321 Times in 701 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:

I'll buy it from you

But seriously what'd you expect

ZOMFGAARON is offline   Reply With Quote