follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 01-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #43
JonnyRocket
"New hotness"

Drives: WRB Limited MT BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift996 View Post
^ What are your thoughts on the alcantara inserts? I like keeping my cars pretty simple/clean and don't know if they would be "too much" for me. Do you happen to have a picture from further away of the interior? Just curious how it all blends together.
I guess it wasn't clear in that post, but those are the stock photos from JPM's website. I only ordered them the other day. I'd be happy to give a more in depth look at them when they arrive and so far I've only heard good things. I participated in a mini drift event last month and after a few hours the outside of my knees were sore and nearly bruised from bracing my legs against the stock plastic panels.

I really like the BRZ's interior but it's clear they skimped on ours versus the JDM version. I purchased the JDM knee pads from Carson Toyota and was preparing to install them when I stumbled onto JPM's stuff. For roughly the same money, I think they tie the whole interior together much better. And I'm tired of the (not terrible, but definitely present) glare that the stock plastic hood creates.

Replaced with a 2013 Mazdaspeed3!
JonnyRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JonnyRocket For This Useful Post:
swift996 (01-29-2013)
Old 02-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #44
JonnyRocket
"New hotness"

Garage
Updates!

His and Hers!

Washed the car today. I've got a two-bucket setup and Optimum No-Rinse but this winter I've been running down to a local touch-less wash place. Unfortunately last weekend and this weekend when I got there, it was marked "temporarily closed for repairs". Ugh. So I was forced to run down to the local U-Wash booths. I like to wash it at home when I can, but we have such hard water that it spots really easily. So I have to buy gallon water from the store to wash it at home. It's a bit of a hassle.

Earlier this week I installed my new @GrimmSpeed hood dampers, which replaced a Gimmick Motorsports set. There was nothing wrong per-se with the GMS struts but the GrimmSpeed ones are nicer (but 50% more expensive).

I also received my new set of WeatherTech DigitalFit floormats, and they're awesome! The fit is almost perfect, and they provide waaay more coverage than any other mats I've seen. They're pretty plasticy, but have a nice texture and are all around high quality.

Still waiting on the @JPMCoachWorks pieces. I believe the gauge hoods were back ordered. Can't wait to get those!

Last edited by JonnyRocket; 02-10-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #45
FA5

Drives: 2008 CIVIC SI, 2013 BRZ, 2013 M5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
You have one very beautiful Z I even seen.
FA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #46
DSOmegaX

Drives: '19 M2 Comp, '20 GR Supra
Thanked 2,153 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRocket View Post
Still waiting on the JPMCoachWorks pieces. I believe the gauge hoods were back ordered. Can't wait to get those!
Just FYI if you're interested and JPM hasn't shipped your order for the speaker pads, you can send them a set of the JDM pads for them to wrap in alcantara as well. I like the separate construction and especially the silver ring trim that matches the rest of the interior.
DSOmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #47
JonnyRocket
"New hotness"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post
Just FYI if you're interested and JPM hasn't shipped your order for the speaker pads, you can send them a set of the JDM pads for them to wrap in alcantara as well. I like the separate construction and especially the silver ring trim that matches the rest of the interior.
Thanks for the heads up. I sold my JDM pads, and they'll be done with my order this week. I'm sure the JDM+JPM would look cool, but I had a hard enough time justifying just the JPM ones.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #48
Inextirpable
Awesome

Drives: World Rally Blue Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Great list of mods you have going there. I noticed that your BRZ initially came with the license plate mounted on the center and afterwards you moved it. I was wondering what you are using to cover the holes in the bumper?
Old 09-10-2014, 03:17 AM   #49
JonnyRocket
"New hotness"

Garage
A change of pace

The BRZ is gone! With a new kid I was hoping to be able to keep it but it just didn't make sense since he'd be in it daily. The three of us didn't fit in it comfortably together and as long as he's unable to get himself in the back I knew it's be a real chore to do it myself.

So I traded it out for a more family oriented, but still very fun car. It's a Mazdaspeed3! Very different kind of vehicle, but I'm having a blast in it so far.

I really still love the BRZ, so I'll stick around this forum, at least for awhile. It was fun while it lasted, and maybe there's another 86 in my distant future!
Attached Images

akahenry (09-11-2014)
Old 09-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #50
Reggaeboyz

Drives: Mazdaspeed 3
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Good choice

You should join Mazdaspeedforums.org
Reggaeboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #51
PERRIN

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
The BRZ is gone! With a new kid I was hoping to be able to keep it but it just didn't make sense since he'd be in it daily. The three of us didn't fit in it comfortably together and as long as he's unable to get himself in the back I knew it's be a real chore to do it myself.

So I traded it out for a more family oriented, but still very fun car. It's a Mazdaspeed3! Very different kind of vehicle, but I'm having a blast in it so far.

I really still love the BRZ, so I'll stick around this forum, at least for awhile. It was fun while it lasted, and maybe there's another 86 in my distant future!
Sad to see the BRZ go but congrats on the new Mazda, I like them a lot. Just out of curiosity did you cross shop the Focus ST? If so what where the pro's and con's of the Mazda over the Ford?
PERRIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #52
JonnyRocket
"New hotness"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggaeboyz View Post
Good choice

You should join Mazdaspeedforums.org
I did! Currently a VIP member :-)

Reggaeboyz (09-11-2014)
Old 09-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #53
JonnyRocket
"New hotness"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRIN View Post
Sad to see the BRZ go but congrats on the new Mazda, I like them a lot. Just out of curiosity did you cross shop the Focus ST? If so what where the pro's and con's of the Mazda over the Ford?
Thanks! I'm disappointed you guys don't make parts for them (although your shorty antenna fits!). I did cross shop the FoST, and was leaning that way. I read all the reviews, watched the videos. The silver MS3 in the above picture, the owener was really friendly, let me test drive it, encouraged me to mash on it.

I knew I'd be happy with either so it came down to a few factors:

1) Availability. I was looking for a very lightly used example. Less than 20k miles.
2) Timing. I wanted to get it before the wife went back to work. Once she does, he'll be riding in my car daily.
3) Trade-In. Ideally I wanted to find a dealer that would give me a good amount for the Subie and had a nice MS3/FoST. By trading in I didn't have to deal with private party selling the BRZ, and I save a bunch on taxes.
4) Room. The MS3 has 3" more rear legroom (this was a big deal when fitting the car seat). I probably could have convinced myself that the FoST would work, but this definitely works better.

So I spent a few weeks up all night looking for an MS3/FoST and it just worked out that I found a nice MS3. Doesn't hurt that CorkSport is within walking distance of my work...

PERRIN (09-12-2014)
Old 09-11-2014, 12:29 AM   #54
Reggaeboyz

Drives: Mazdaspeed 3
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I did! Currently a VIP member :-)
Lol starting on the right foot, I hope there is a good NATOR chapter in that area. The one in FL is amazing.

Enjoy the torque steer
Reggaeboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggaeboyz For This Useful Post:
JonnyRocket (09-11-2014)

Tags
240z, brz, datsun