follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-31-2017, 12:16 PM   #239
Steph

Drives: Subaru BRZ Inazuma
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ON - Toronto - Downtown Subaru - Sales

Sales: Scott Walker
Story: Hello everyone! I had an amazing experience with Downtown Subaru. My friend referred me to Scott Walker to buy my BRZ. Walked in prepped and ready to deal with bullshit from the sales, but none of that. He was already with a customer, so I waited about 15 minutes for him and in that time sat down in a 2017 BRZ Inazuma. Originally planned for just the base model but sold myself on the Inazuma. Asked him if he could get it to me within a week or I would walk and he actually came through. He didn't offer me any bullshit and wasn't trying to sell me on additional warranties. Texted me the whole time giving me updates on the car and didn't dare drill the front license plate without me giving the OK (super grateful about that since I forgot to tell him not too). Actually had it ready for me sooner, but didn't feel comfortable with me driving it in the snow asap lol.

Was a great experience, would highly recommend him!
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:33 PM   #240
dostoyevsky

Drives: 2017 BRZ
CANADA, Vancouver, Wolfe Subaru on Boundry

Sales: Chris
Service: Buying 2017 BRZ
Story: extremely good dealership, no pushy sales tactics and genuinely interested in keeping the customer happy. They gave me an insanely good price on my new 2017 and I couldn't couldn't, approx 3000 under MSRP. The biggest thing that won me over was the fact that they did not push me to buy the car when I asked that I need a week to think about it.
dostoyevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:00 PM   #241
willimusk

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP CWP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Downtown Subaru Oakland

I purchased a 2017 BRZ through Terry Rowan at Downtown Subaru in Oakland, CA, and it was the easiest, most pleasant process I could have wished for. First, the test drive. I called on a Sunday morning, asked if I could test drive a BRZ with Performance Package. Terry, who happened to take the call, said sure, when would you like to come by? An hour later, he handed me the keys and said have fun. No chaperone. When I returned (in love with the car), we chatted for a while, no pressure at all, just an open and friendly conversation about cars. I asked if he could order one for me in Crystal White Pearl. Sure thing, he said, it'll be a 6 to 8 week delivery. I told him I had more cars to test drive before I made a decision, and left (went to a VW dealership and drove a GTI and Golf R, which are both great cars but nothing like the BRZ). That evening, I submitted a request through Truecar for bids on the specific BRZ I wanted, and received automated replies from several dealerships. None included pricing, since my car had to be ordered. Dale Phipps, Internet Sales Director at Downtown Subaru, followed up the automated response right away with a personal email offering to order the car. I answered with the price I was willing to pay--dealer invoice--and also mentioning that I'd been in that day and worked with Terry. I told him that if he met my request, the deal was done; if not, I'd entertain competitive bids from 5 dealerships--you know, the standard negotiating ploy in the age of internet car-buying. I received an email from Terry within 30 minutes agreeing to my terms. The next day I ordered my car; it arrived in 6 weeks to the day; and I took delivery last week. Throughout the process, Terry was extremely responsive to all communications and followed all of my requests to perfection (e.g., I asked for the car to be untouched upon delivery--no washing, no front license frame affixed, all coverings and protective tape left on to avoid any paint imperfections). Terry and Downtown Subaru did everything right. No drama, no issues, no hassles, no BS. Could I have scratched out a few more bucks by grinding dealerships against each other? Perhaps, but paying dealer invoice was good enough me, and everyone went home happy. Based on my experience, I recommend Terry Rowan and Downtown Subaru. Well done!

Last edited by willimusk; 04-10-2017 at 12:33 PM.
willimusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:37 PM   #242
wolffbite
Just the tip

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
BC - Langley - Wolfe Subaru Langley

Sales: Matthew Hale

Service: N/A

Story: After attending the auto show and intending to pursue purchasing a BRZ I reached out to Wolfe Subaru in Langley and another local dealership to schedule a test drive. Matthew responded to me within about 30 minutes (other dealership never responded), and I was scheduled in for a test drive of a 2017 Sport-Tech BRZ a day later. I showed up and within 5 minutes had the keys to go on a solo test drive. When I returned, we sat and talked about the car for over an hour... not even a hint of him trying to get me to buy something there on the spot. He was clearly knowledgeable about the history of the platform, and was able to answer all of my technical questions with the changes on the 2017 model. I left with some pricing to think about before putting a deposit down on the car... I made my decision to buy later in the evening and texted Matthew. He responded quickly and made sure the car I wanted would be held and got the finance department to call me to come in for a credit application. The process moved very quickly, but at no point did I feel pressured or bothered by the experience... everyone was extremely helpful and my car was in perfect condition when I showed up to drive it away on the weekend. Definitely recommend this dealership, and I hope my future services here go just as smoothly.
wolffbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:11 AM   #243
TheRoops

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
Subaru Pacific

Hawthorne, CA

This was the most pleasant auto purchase of my life. Showed up after work to look at my BRZ. Owner and Used Sales manager are some of the most chill dudes I've encountered. The test drive was like taking a drive with a friend. The BRZ had arrived on the lot that day. It was a show car for someone in Santa Monica and had 7k miles on it. I arrived in my 2005 Legacy wagon that I beat the Hell out of and then drove from CT to CA in and beat the Hell out of it some more. Owner priced the BRZ at $23k and gave my internet discounts. Traded in my old beast for $1k above my expected value. It wasn't even until I was moving my stuff from my old car into the new one that they saw the OEM sub-woofer package in the trunk. Went back the next day to deliver my old title and the owner of the dealership looked over the car again and congratulated me on working the better end of the deal. Also invited me to come to their once a month party they have. Financing was a breeze and I got the rate I wanted. Highly recommend their dealership. The car has about $15k in mods done correctly and invisible bras and coatings everywhere. Engine mods are top notch and Invidia exhasts. Still learning from a co-worker with a BRZ what I got.
TheRoops is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRoops For This Useful Post:
trippinbillies40 (05-12-2017)
Old 04-15-2017, 03:19 AM   #244
714brz

Drives: volt
I am considering pacific subaru for a new brz purchase, but are there any other subaru dealers recommended in the oc / la area? I work in la but reside in oc.
714brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #245
TheRoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 714brz View Post
I am considering pacific subaru for a new brz purchase, but are there any other subaru dealers recommended in the oc / la area? I work in la but reside in oc.
Only other one I know of is Fullerton, but they didn't have any use ones.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:05 AM   #246
714brz

Drives: volt
not looking for used

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoops View Post
Only other one I know of is Fullerton, but they didn't have any use ones.
I am actually looking for a brand new 2017 PP 6spd manual in wr blue or white. The silver is actually looking nice too.

I travel often for work and recently while in arizona (flagstaff). On my lunch had some free time and stopped by one of the subaru dealers nearby the hotel Not sure how hot these cars are now, but they were trying to get me to take one for 26k plus ttl. They seemed desperate to sell it. I asked another the receptionist on my way out how long the car has been sitting in the lot and she said approx. 3 months. Of course I understand supply n demand... but any advice on what these are going for in socal? If due to supply n demand dealers in socal wont give a good deal, I just might buy one in az and ship it back.
714brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #247
TheRoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 714brz View Post
I am actually looking for a brand new 2017 PP 6spd manual in wr blue or white. The silver is actually looking nice too.

I travel often for work and recently while in arizona (flagstaff). On my lunch had some free time and stopped by one of the subaru dealers nearby the hotel Not sure how hot these cars are now, but they were trying to get me to take one for 26k plus ttl. They seemed desperate to sell it. I asked another the receptionist on my way out how long the car has been sitting in the lot and she said approx. 3 months. Of course I understand supply n demand... but any advice on what these are going for in socal? If due to supply n demand dealers in socal wont give a good deal, I just might buy one in az and ship it back.
Not sure. I was buying used. Looks like they just have 3 yellow new.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:45 PM   #248
Buzzman92

Drives: '13 BRZ
UT, USA - Sandy - Mark Miller Subaru - both

Sales: Louis
Service: Nick
Story: I've had several bad experience that left a sour taste in my mouth, but this was definitely not one of those. I came in wanting to check out the car I later ended up buying. The salesman came out and we just started chatting cars. I asked if I could test drive the BRZ, and he promptly went and grabbed the key for me. After some testing, I came back, and we continued to just chat about the car and the culture growing about it. He never once mentioned anything about me wanting to buy it, if I was in the market for a car, or anything of the sort. before I left, I told him I'd be there the next day.

The next morning, I came in and test drove it again. After another good chat, I told him I'd like to trade in my car and buy the BRZ. He was super agreeable through the whole process, and even provided me with a free lunch in a nice catered lounge area that they had there, all this while he took care of paperwork so I wouldn't be bothered with it. when the signing of documents came up, he was totally cool with me reading through all of the fine print (which I always do, can't be too careful). Once the deal was set, and I was about to take the car home, the salesman helped me to remove my license plates and license plate holder, which usually a dealer will not even bother with and will just throw them away.

I got a call a week later from the finance manager. He said that even though we'd settled on a loan with on credit union at an interest rate of 4.89%, he'd hunted down a different place that was just as reputable that would finance it at 2.79%, saving me hundreds over the course of the loan. I promptly ran down to the dealership and signed a couple of papers and had a good car chat with him as well, in addition to getting a good referral for my friend that'd be graduating from Auto Technician school soon.

I was extremely pleased with my experience there, and if I go for another Subaru in the future, I won't hesitate to head here.
Buzzman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buzzman92 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (05-11-2017), trippinbillies40 (05-12-2017)
Old 05-27-2017, 06:05 AM   #249
Willie Swoopes
Junior Pizza Joe

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited Manual WRB
Garage
PA - Sellersville - A&T Subaru
Sales: Thomas Merritt
Finance: Danielle Jaworski
Story: Ordered a WRB 2017 mid February. the Price was about $2K below MSRP with $500 down. It was promised in June and arrived in May. Arrived as requested with options and no dealer sticker. Finance department was able to match my financing and stream-lined the paper work all wrapped up in about an hour.

Much happy
Willie Swoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:56 AM   #250
brazy

Drives: '14 LR BRZ Limited
Brown's Manassas Subaru - Whitelist

VA - Manassas - Brown's Subaru
Service: Shelley Bailey

Had the infamous squeaky clutch issue. Tech confirmed throwout bearing needed to be replaced. I was a few days past my 36k b2b warranty but the dealership called and told me they would not make me pay for the repair. They replaced the TOB the same day and inspected the rest of the clutch assembly to make sure it was an isolated issue. Everyone that I was in contact with at Brown's Subaru was nothing but pleasant and professional. Very grateful to have them close by.

Last edited by brazy; 06-16-2017 at 03:08 PM. Reason: typo
brazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #251
Isopher

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
CO - Colorado Springs - Heuberger Motors

Sales Tommy Loewen

Story I visited the dealer 3 separate times. The first time i was unsure if i was even interested in the car so i was putting out feelers. The sales staff was very polite and accommodating. I made it clear i wasn't buying and they never tried to sell. The second time i was specifically looking at the BRZ, the only question was pricing and options. One thing that Heuberger did that nobody else did was offer to order one from the factory. The offer was basically wholesale from the factory. It took a little less than 2 months to get it from the factory, and when it came to paperwork on my third and final visit, once i said no to any of the extras the dealer tries to sell i was never pressured to buy it anyway. Overall, the only thing that would have made this better is not having to wait 2 months for delivery. This is the first time i have ever dealt with a dealership that hasn't been constantly trying to milk me for money and i am glad i didn't give my money to someone else (Looking at you LHM Toyota).
Isopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:16 PM   #252
x1UP
One & Done (AOZORA)

Drives: '15 Series.Blue BRZ (WRB)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Has anyone had any experience with either Grand Prix Subaru - Hicksville, NY or Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru - Orangeburg, NY?

Star Subaru looks promising too, I saw one review for that.