follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 11:52 PM   #1
Ammunition

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
FS - GrimmSpeed Intake, Like New

GrimmSpeed Intake with black Inlet Hose - like new, used for < 300mi and includes:

- All hardware necessary for installation. Installation instructions can be downloaded and viewed from GrimmSpeed's website. This was a very straight-forward and easy installation; a great project for someone newer to, or a bit uncomfortable modding, and a breeze for anyone beyond that.

- Brand new, unopened filter (oiled) filter (comes default with purchase), or GrimmSpeed's newer dry filter option (which I used, $60 value) - just specify which one you'd like, otherwise I'll send you the brand new one.

- Asking price - $250 USD (MSRP for this would be $389.99 USD before shipping.)

Save $100 on my impulse buy for something that it completely like-new, and was well cared for. This is an exceptionally high-quality product with demonstrated gains - even without a tune, and is in my opinion the only intake worth installing; for those that like to see data and glean the development process, please refer to this post - http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78902

Willing to ship at buyer's expensive, or I will be happy to meet up/deliver it to you if you're local.

More Images can be found here - http://imgur.com/a/SvXrR

Feel free to PM or quote with any questions - thanks!

Last edited by Ammunition; 06-27-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: price lowered - 6/27/2016
Old 06-27-2016, 01:29 PM   #2
Ammunition

Bump - price lowered 6/27/2016.

Practically brand new with no signs of wear, and brand new filter included; basically exactly what you'd purchase brand new directly from GrimmSpeed for $80 off and free shipping - just want this to go to a good home and stop taking up what little storage space I have.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
Infinity

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why sell it?
Old 06-27-2016, 03:30 PM   #4
Ammunition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
Why sell it?
I purchased it along with a UEL header; both were sort of an impulse buy. After a huge headache installing the header that left my car sitting in someone's garage for four days, then running into a CEL shortly after, I just had it with modifying engine components - I decided that I wanted to keep under the hood as stock as possible, and not mess with anything from there on out.

I still have the header installed because my factory header was utterly mangled in the process of replacing it which left one of the O2 sensor seized in it, and I'm not sure if I want to deal with the nightmare of trying to re-install the factory header after all the issues I ran into with the over pipe connection - the first person assisting me with this job and I did try to re-install it and were unsuccessful, so I still have the UEL in and am just dealing with the noise level and have since had the CEL cleared.

I'm just DD my FR-S, and I avoid highways - I just came to the realization that I was just modding things for the sake of modding it, and it was creating too many worries or headaches for me so long as I was still undecided about getting it tuned.

It also created a bit more grunt which sounded good, but paired with the header was too much (still working on trying to manage the sound from that.)

TLDR; impulse buy, want to keep my engine components as close to stock as I can and not mess with the AFR, or anything else that might cause CEL with the header until I either remove the header or get it tuned, and this is just taking up storage space in a house that I need to be out of within the year.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:38 PM   #5
R3AP3R_Playz

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammunition View Post
Bump - price lowered 6/27/2016.

Practically brand new with no signs of wear, and brand new filter included; basically exactly what you'd purchase brand new directly from GrimmSpeed for $80 off and free shipping - just want this to go to a good home and stop taking up what little storage space I have.

Still looking at free shipping? I'm interested if it's 250 shipped honestly been looking at this a while
Old 06-27-2016, 07:32 PM   #6
Ammunition

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3AP3R_Playz View Post
Still looking at free shipping? I'm interested if it's 250 shipped honestly been looking at this a while
Yes, at this point I would like to see it go to a good home as I'm moving in the next couple of months and can't worry about taking additional car parts with me. This is a fantastic piece, happy to sell it for $250 with free shipping to anyone who is going to use it - PM me if you're interested and I can get it shipped out tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #7
gypsy_seven

Drives: FRS RS 2.0
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Still have this?
Old 06-28-2016, 01:53 PM   #8
Ammunition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy_seven View Post
Still have this?
Still available - I have a pending offer on eBay, but would prefer it to go to an FT86Club member first. PM me if you're interested, otherwise it'll be sold later today.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:27 PM   #9
Ammunition

Please only inquire if you are interested in purchasing the item - I can't hold it for you if you don't have the necessary finances ATM as I've missed out on sales previously doing so, only to have the 'buyer' back out and cease communication.

Last chance to get this basically brand new GrimmSpeed intake - I'll even throw in the dry filter, so you'll have both - otherwise it's going to an eBay offer later today.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:55 PM   #10
Ammunition

SOLD!

Thank you @gypsy_seven - I'll get this shipped out to you ASAP, and I hope you enjoy your new intake
Old 06-28-2016, 08:31 PM   #11
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Congrats on the sale. I have a few OEM headers with O2 sensors still in them if you need one, I can ship it over. PM me and we can work something out
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
The Following User Says Thank You to JazzleSAURUS For This Useful Post:
Ammunition (06-30-2016)

Closed Thread