follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #15
m.wood0213
Driving Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
anyone else notice in the video how this frs just walks away from everything else on the straights at least in the beginning. unichip seems nice.
“This isn’t a supercar, it’s a sports car. It sacrifices rear seats yes but it just feels alive. Pure, direct, immediate. The other two are going to get all the admiring looks yes, that’s my point. I’m not driving around in this for other people’s benefit. I’m driving around in this BECAUSE I LOVE DRIVING IT. END!”
-Richard Hammond, Top Gear, USA Supercar Road Trip, 2011 Porsche GT3 RS.
My BRZ
m.wood0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #16
sinigang_guy

Drives: argento frs; 90 mustang gt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
have you guys noticed the tach sweep no longer functions with the unichip installed?
Old 08-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #17
QFry

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinigang_guy View Post
have you guys noticed the tach sweep no longer functions with the unichip installed?
Did you disconnect battery to install the Unichip? If you shook your head yes, did you read the manual and follow directions to turn tach sweep back on?
2013 Argento FR-S -> Lots of random PlastiDip, UNIChip Custom Tune, aFe Takeda Intake, Nameless Performance front pipe and axle back exhaust, Motegi MR125 7.5x17, Rally Armour mud flaps, Gloss black vinyl roof, ACT street clutch and flywheel,Whiteline bushings; Kartboy Shortshifter and shift bushing
QFry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QFry For This Useful Post:
sinigang_guy (08-27-2013), sosick (08-27-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #18
nicertoy

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Auto
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
FR-S w unichip vs BRZ w ecutech

Subaru BRZ w ECUtech filming and Scion FR-S with Unichip chasing, pilots with similar skills, you can see by yourself the difference, if any ! The racing FR-S does not count.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUdAniAz5_A&feature=c4-overview&list=UUSymmf3IjCTFG-6WoDBIoHg"]SCION FR-S vs SUBARU BRZ HAVING FUN II - YouTube[/ame]
Old 09-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #19
Unichip Jack

Drives: E36 M3, Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Excellent footage!

... and here I sit at my desk...

A great way to enjoy the car; thanks for posting it.

Cheers
Unichip Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Unichip Jack For This Useful Post:
nicertoy (09-03-2013)
Old 09-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #20
swift996

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
I never had hesitation issues with Unichip...

swift996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #21
Unichip Jack

Drives: E36 M3, Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
vteclol... I don't recall an email but if you shoot me a PM I'll be happy to help you get the info you're looking for.

Cheers
Unichip Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #22
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
geeeshh... I would not call myself a car noob but, understanding tuning and how it works confuses me. My first purchase for my FRS will be a header/OP/Down pipe and air filter. following that I plan on getting this unichip because it appears to be cheaper than other tunes and LEAVES NO FOOTPRINT!
I will continue to read up on great threads such as this and soak up as much info as possible so that I dont %^&$& things up on my car when I do purchase the tune.
you see,... my biggest concern here is.. am I putting my car in danger by performing a tune to optimize my new exhaust? I Mean, the thresholds of my stock car (air to fuel/valve timing) have been developed for power and safety.. now, with this tune I will be screwing with them for the sake of power!
No one seems to talk about the dangers of doing so... maybe because their are none.. or few? or its rare?
I want to do this but I need someone to tell me everything is going to be ok for my daily driver.
Thoughts?
Boofneenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #23
FT-86 SpeedFactory

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,253 Posts
Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
We got 5 of these in today. Pretty simple kits for those wanting to just keep things basic.
FT-86 SpeedFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #24
SCharged

Drives: asphalt fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
My kit was 405 CND$ shipped..

As a follow-up, my buddy and I have not had a chance to do pulls since his install, so that will come later.

However, I had a chance to take my other friends AP1 s2000 on pulls, and both cars a very close now.... Where in stock form, the s2k would completely destroy the fr-s (something like this: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9_hZqvY5RM"]Drag race : Subaru BRZ VS Honda S2000 (Motorsport) - YouTube[/ame] ), with unichip and TRD intake, they are very close... the s2k still being a little bit faster..

BUT!!!!!!! I just installed my lachute performance overpipe front pipe combo, which came in at about 750 CND$ altogether (more than I initially thought I would pay for an OPFP combo). I'll update with pulls when I get a chance to run some. However, the car is much much nicer to drive now. Torque dip seems much shallower, almost flat, and low-end power is way way better. And the exhaust note is just super. For the record, this is catless, no resonator; what some call a test pipe I believe. No drone, no rasp (using stock catback). The sound is just deeper, a bit louder, and slightly rumbly (yay!!). When coasting, no noticeable difference in cabin noise from stock.

Stay tuned for updates on pulls against the FR-s w/ perrin pulley, trd intake/catback, and unichip, which will then add a Nameless one piece OPFP; and against the s2000 again.

Thanks to @Unichip Jack for a flawless after sale service level, and now to @Cotnoir and @lachute performance for a great product.

By the way, the LP pipes were gifts from the family for my bday.. I'm a lucky guy...
SCharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #25
bakerr6

Drives: 2013 raven black fr-s
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Unichip is a great product, and I'm glad others are really enjoying it. If you have questions, I no longer own the product, but I would be more than happy to help you guys out! I love how simple the unichip system is
bakerr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #26
QFry

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofneenee View Post
geeeshh... I would not call myself a car noob but, understanding tuning and how it works confuses me. My first purchase for my FRS will be a header/OP/Down pipe and air filter. following that I plan on getting this unichip because it appears to be cheaper than other tunes and LEAVES NO FOOTPRINT!
I will continue to read up on great threads such as this and soak up as much info as possible so that I dont %^&$& things up on my car when I do purchase the tune.
you see,... my biggest concern here is.. am I putting my car in danger by performing a tune to optimize my new exhaust? I Mean, the thresholds of my stock car (air to fuel/valve timing) have been developed for power and safety.. now, with this tune I will be screwing with them for the sake of power!
No one seems to talk about the dangers of doing so... maybe because their are none.. or few? or its rare?
I want to do this but I need someone to tell me everything is going to be ok for my daily driver.
Thoughts?
Daily driven for 20000milesand across country (i am not nice to my cars...on 2nd clutch) and no problems from UNIChip. Now the stock ecu is a completely different story...
2013 Argento FR-S -> Lots of random PlastiDip, UNIChip Custom Tune, aFe Takeda Intake, Nameless Performance front pipe and axle back exhaust, Motegi MR125 7.5x17, Rally Armour mud flaps, Gloss black vinyl roof, ACT street clutch and flywheel,Whiteline bushings; Kartboy Shortshifter and shift bushing
QFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #27
TeamZleep

Drives: 2013 FRS/2011 TDI
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
If you guys fix the transient timing issue, I think you have a sale.
TeamZleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #28
sosick
fastest frs in sbg

Drives: sick ass ultramarine frs
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by QFry View Post
Did you disconnect battery to install the Unichip? If you shook your head yes, did you read the manual and follow directions to turn tach sweep back on?
I read the manual but it doesnt say anything
sosick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecu, ems, tuning, unichip