follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 10-23-2017, 12:47 PM   #29
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Everyone is free to say "I don't like" and have their opinion or preference. Modifying a car is not a single way and there can be many options. However, if they mention their dislike constantly and in irrelevant topics then it is something else. I have seen it happening frequently and it is a reason some users have stopped posting or even reading the forum.
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:11 PM   #30
daiheadjai

Drives: 2003 S2000, 2008 Fit
Thanked 1,154 Times in 688 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
You can't have positives without some negatives.
...Especially if you're a battery.

I have nothing of value to add.
daiheadjai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daiheadjai For This Useful Post:
new2subaru (10-23-2017), nikitopo (10-23-2017), STV3 (10-23-2017), Tcoat (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #31
Slammillionaire

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
Everyone is free to say "I don't like" and have their opinion or preference. Modifying a car is not a single way and there can be many options. However, if they mention their dislike constantly and in irrelevant topics then it is something else. I have seen it happening frequently and it is a reason some users have stopped posting or even reading the forum.
Assholes exist everywhere. BUT If people can't handle seeing negative opinions on the internet and can't just ignore/block those people, they're probably better off turning their computer off.
Slammillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slammillionaire For This Useful Post:
nikitopo (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 03:00 PM   #32
Yardjass

Drives: '14 Monogram, '95 Miata, '90 300ZX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
I thought "hate" in this context implied some level of jealousy.

People who can't have something they otherwise want may try to make themselves feel better about it by highlighting and/or even fabricating some sort of fault with what they are unable to attain.

But when a negative opinion of something is truly based solely on personal preference, I don't consider it "hating" in the way I have always understood the use of the term.

If someone drives by in my dream car and I feel the need to only voice whatever flaws I can find with it...I would consider myself to be "hating".

But if I voice a negative opinion of something that I don't like simply because...well...I don't like it, then that's just my opinion.

I get accused of this a lot while "hating". Some clown with a slammed POS 15 year old Honda or Altima is usually the one making the accusations. Meanwhile, I'm sitting there laughing with my worst car still being better than what I'm "jealous" of. There's no logic to it other than a "respek all builds" and "everybody gets a trophy" instant gratification mentality. These people don't understand that respect and status are earned.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yardjass For This Useful Post:
D_Thissen (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 03:38 PM   #33
D_Thissen

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S (Sold)
Thanked 1,439 Times in 855 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
I get accused of this a lot while "hating". Some clown with a slammed POS 15 year old Honda or Altima is usually the one making the accusations. Meanwhile, I'm sitting there laughing with my worst car still being better than what I'm "jealous" of. There's no logic to it other than a "respek all builds" and "everybody gets a trophy" instant gratification mentality. These people don't understand that respect and status are earned.
Part of the problem is people cant take criticism. If you post something on social media, you have opened yourself up for criticism, good and bad. Either take it for what its worth, or ignore it. Also who is making the comment has a bit of weight to it. Some people like to push other peoples buttons lol.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:32 PM   #34
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Thissen View Post
Part of the problem is people cant take criticism. If you post something on social media, you have opened yourself up for criticism, good and bad. Either take it for what its worth, or ignore it. Also who is making the comment has a bit of weight to it. Some people like to push other peoples buttons lol.
That's ridiculous. Who would even enjoy that?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
daiheadjai (10-23-2017), D_Thissen (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 05:12 PM   #35
D_Thissen

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S (Sold)
Thanked 1,439 Times in 855 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
That's ridiculous. Who would even enjoy that?
I don't know anyone in particular.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:30 PM   #36
VoltsFRS2013

Drives: 2022' GR86 Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I like completely understand promoting positivity and all, I saw this video a few weeks ago on facebook. I just don't necessarily understand the point of being offended because someone disagrees with your car. There will ALWAYS be disagreement and hate in any type of community. If you're tuning and modifying your car to get praise from others you're doing it wrong lol. Work on your car and do what you want to it for YOU. You're the one driving it home at the end of the day lmfao.

Like that one guy that had the cardboard cutouts on his front bumper from a few weeks ago, we didn't think it was nice but he sure did.
VoltsFRS2013 is offline   Reply With Quote