follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 03-22-2016, 12:18 AM   #1051
Luftwaffel
Boost Creep

Drives: 2016 HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
If I remember correctly, he's not on the CARB tune.
And I never will be, regardless of if I'm living in CA again or not. The issue was miscommunication on both sides, mostly my own fault.

We're up and running now. Stalling if I let the revs drop too fast, but other than that not bad.
Luftwaffel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luftwaffel For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 11:44 AM   #1052
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffel View Post
And I never will be, regardless of if I'm living in CA again or not. The issue was miscommunication on both sides, mostly my own fault.

We're up and running now. Stalling if I let the revs drop too fast, but other than that not bad.
Same here, currently trying to weigh the pros and cons of going with an e-tune like delicious or having a local shop do some dyno tuning. Very curious to see what you think of Moto-Easts tune once it gets all dialed in. If I remember correctly, HI only gets 91 oct just like here in CA correct?
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:58 AM   #1053
Luftwaffel
Boost Creep

Garage
Quote:
Same here, currently trying to weigh the pros and cons of going with an e-tune like delicious or having a local shop do some dyno tuning. Very curious to see what you think of Moto-Easts tune once it gets all dialed in. If I remember correctly, HI only gets 91 oct just like here in CA correct?
Hawaii is weird. It's actually 92 octane here, which I've only seen in a few places before. We don't have E85 either. Not a great place for cars. At least we don't have to deal with ACN 91.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luftwaffel For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (03-23-2016), CSG Mike (03-22-2016)
Old 03-23-2016, 06:52 PM   #1054
paiceyfan

Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayman S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
So, now that I have the Edelbrock running on the CARB Tune and completely stock otherwise, the next steps in my education are to:

Know how to take it back to stock should I need to (ECU only, not hardware); I am assuming that the original tune is on the USB stick.
How do I log information using the ECUTEK cable and software for troubleshooting and general information? Do I have to use a Windows device or can I use an Android tablet, for example?
Finally, can I use the ECUTEK to feed information to a Torque App and have gauges for Boost etc...

Obviously, a Noob here...any help appreciated. Cheers.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:03 PM   #1055
The Racers Line

Drives: FRS, Supra, Colorado D, GLC63
Thanked 1,515 Times in 532 Posts
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceyfan View Post
So, now that I have the Edelbrock running on the CARB Tune and completely stock otherwise, the next steps in my education are to:

Know how to take it back to stock should I need to (ECU only, not hardware); I am assuming that the original tune is on the USB stick.
How do I log information using the ECUTEK cable and software for troubleshooting and general information? Do I have to use a Windows device or can I use an Android tablet, for example?
Finally, can I use the ECUTEK to feed information to a Torque App and have gauges for Boost etc...

Obviously, a Noob here...any help appreciated. Cheers.
Give me a call if you have a second, I can explain this over the phone a little easier then typing it out!
The Racers Line is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Racers Line For This Useful Post:
paiceyfan (03-23-2016)
Old 03-23-2016, 07:15 PM   #1056
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I'll take a stab...

Quote:
Technically the USB stick is just your "license" meaning you have to have it plugged in to your laptop to fire up Ecutek. If you want to revert to stock, you will have to access the "stock maps" folder on your ecutek and flash the appropriate one that corresponds to your ECU calibration ID.

Quote:
Very easy to log using Ecutek. You will need a laptop witht eh Ecutek software on it, your USB dongle and your cable. Just plug in your cable into the OBD2, fire up ecutek, go to "recent logs" and select your CARB tune. On the window that opens, hit "map access", you should see data start appearing. When ready to log, hit "log to file". Here's an old but helpful diy from Perrin

http://blog.perrinperformance.com/ho...cuteks-proecu/

Its preferable to use a windows device (as opposed to an apple), don't think you can use Android (you might be confusing it with the Torque app).

Quote:
Don't think so. If you want to use Toque app to display data, you will be better off getting a blue tooth OBD2 sensor. Pretty cheap on Amazon.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (03-24-2016), Luftwaffel (03-24-2016), Nitro22 (03-24-2016), paiceyfan (03-23-2016), The Racers Line (03-23-2016)
Old 03-23-2016, 11:13 PM   #1057
paiceyfan

Garage
Quote:
I'll take a stab...

Technically the USB stick is just your "license" meaning you have to have it plugged in to your laptop to fire up Ecutek. If you want to revert to stock, you will have to access the "stock maps" folder on your ecutek and flash the appropriate one that corresponds to your ECU calibration ID.

Very easy to log using Ecutek. You will need a laptop witht eh Ecutek software on it, your USB dongle and your cable. Just plug in your cable into the OBD2, fire up ecutek, go to "recent logs" and select your CARB tune. On the window that opens, hit "map access", you should see data start appearing. When ready to log, hit "log to file". Here's an old but helpful diy from Perrin

http://blog.perrinperformance.com/ho...cuteks-proecu/

Its preferable to use a windows device (as opposed to an apple), don't think you can use Android (you might be confusing it with the Torque app).

Don't think so. If you want to use Toque app to display data, you will be better off getting a blue tooth OBD2 sensor. Pretty cheap on Amazon.
Awesome...thank you.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:14 PM   #1058
paiceyfan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Racers Line View Post
Give me a call if you have a second, I can explain this over the phone a little easier then typing it out!
I will give you a call later this week...cheers!
The Racers Line (03-23-2016)
Old 03-24-2016, 12:11 PM   #1059
Nitro22

Drives: Scion FR-S (Hot Lava)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

Also don't forget to allow the EcuTek software to do an update. The ProECURomFiles Folder will populate with OE calibrations typically after the first update. (At least that's how mine behaved)
Nitro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nitro22 For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (03-24-2016), paiceyfan (03-24-2016)
Old 03-24-2016, 12:55 PM   #1060
Luftwaffel
Boost Creep

Garage
I actually had trouble getting boost pressure in Torque. All I could ever get is bar, and then math out the atmospheric pressure haha.

Finally hooked up my Innovate ECB-1.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luftwaffel For This Useful Post:
paiceyfan (03-24-2016)
Old 03-24-2016, 01:05 PM   #1061
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro22 View Post
Also don't forget to allow the EcuTek software to do an update. The ProECURomFiles Folder will populate with OE calibrations typically after the first update. (At least that's how mine behaved)
Side note to this: by default EcuTek will try to download ALL the roms for EVERY platform. Just check the Subaru BRZ box to save some time
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Nitro22 (03-24-2016), paiceyfan (03-24-2016)
Old 03-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #1062
dj2020

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffel View Post
I actually had trouble getting boost pressure in Torque. All I could ever get is bar, and then math out the atmospheric pressure haha.

Finally hooked up my Innovate ECB-1.

Look forward to to your review and impressions of the ECB-1.
dj2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:54 PM   #1063
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Side note to this: by default EcuTek will try to download ALL the roms for EVERY platform. Just check the Subaru BRZ box to save some time
There's only MX-5 and BRZ ones, it's not that long unless you live in the dark ages still

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #1064
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
There's only MX-5 and BRZ ones, it's not that long unless you live in the dark ages still
You don't know how agonizingly slow it is over here... and I'm not on a slow internet connection...
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote