follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-22-2023, 06:47 PM   #8219
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
I'm pitiful. I made a stop at REI today to look at some quick dry towels for my trip to japan in October.

I was walking up to the store and while I was still about 20ft away, this cute girl got to the door first, and then she saw me and held it open for me and smiled.

And then inside the store we crossed paths a couple times and I kept struggling to figure out something to say/make a move so I ended up just leaving!

Sometimes stuff like this is a confidence problem but honestly this time it felt more like I just didn't know wtf to say. So in the indecisiveness I gave up.

I have zero game.

lol, "Come here often?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
humfrz (07-25-2023), Ultramaroon (07-22-2023)
Old 07-22-2023, 06:50 PM   #8220
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Wanna hear a story about me having negative game before I met my wife? I'll put a tldr at the bottom.

I was out with a bunch of friends, probably the summer after graduating highschool. We were heading home (I'm the driver, as usual) and I said something like "going to drop off girl #1 first". One by one every one else requested to be dropped off first/second/third in an odd order that would of course leave girl #1 last. Now, any third party observer knows where this is going, but first party Spuds was very, very confused.

Fast forward an hour, after everyone said bye in a strange way leaving me more confused and concerned I pissed everyone off, and it's just me and girl #1. Now, I've had a low key crush this girl for like a year but young dumb Spuds thinks she's definitely into someone else. So she asks if there's any girls I like, and panicking I respond with my best friend's name (girl #2) who was just in the car 5 minutes ago (we had a... complicated friendship lol). Asks if I like anyone else, respond with well girl #3 is cute too (oh yes the third girl in the car 10 minutes ago, I rocked a minivan in those days). "Aaaaanyone else?", as we pull up to her place. "No not really why do you ask?" "It's really not important", gets out walls straight to the door and goes inside. Never seen her since I went off to college.

Took me literally years to figure out what was going on that night, and I only did because almost the exact same sequence came up in some anime I was watching and the dude had the same reaction as me. "Lol what an idiot... Wait a minute... Shiiiii..."<Bang head on table>

TLDR/moral: You still have more game than me if you haven't intentionally shot down someone from asking you out because you were too nervous that she would find out you liked her and reject you.

I honestly don't have any pick up advice other than have more confidence in yourself. I don't really know you that well, but, anecdotally, the care you have shown for your dog, car, home, friends that shows up on here already makes you better than 70% of the "men" my SIL has dated at least.
Ouch bro, just ouch.

Enjoyed the read though. But ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
humfrz (07-25-2023), spike021 (07-22-2023), Spuds (07-22-2023)
Old 07-22-2023, 08:01 PM   #8221
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
lol, "Come here often?"
"Just remember, we're not lost [in the store], we are exploring."
Old 07-22-2023, 08:33 PM   #8222
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Wanna hear a story about me having negative game before I met my wife? I'll put a tldr at the bottom.

TLDR/moral: You still have more game than me if you haven't intentionally shot down someone from asking you out because you were too nervous that she would find out you liked her and reject you.

I honestly don't have any pick up advice other than have more confidence in yourself. I don't really know you that well, but, anecdotally, the care you have shown for your dog, car, home, friends that shows up on here already makes you better than 70% of the "men" my SIL has dated at least.
Dang, that's rough. But that also fits the age group, though, right? High school age kids and even college age kids to an extent love to beat around the bush or not really express their intentions/feelings. I don't blame you for that.

I had my own kinda shitty experience in college.

I'd been friends with this girl in my group for a couple years by then and we'd sometimes hang out at the library to study together or she'd ask me to come with her to her class when I had break times. But usually the timing for the relationship itself sucked because she'd be with some other dude, so my own feelings were on/off again but no big deal.

The one time she'd been broken up for a while, we kept hanging out in the summer, and she mostly wanted it to be 1:1. One day we were just supposed to get boba/coffee and maybe go hang out at a park or something for a couple hours, but it ended up being basically 12pm-11pm at night. I would check in with her and see if she needed to get going, but she'd find reasons for us to hang out longer (let's go do X, let's go see Y, we should grab dinner together).

But I was in a similar situation to you. I had the crush on her a while but didn't think she felt the same. So the whole day/night I was busy just enjoying it but not thinking of saying anything because I didn't think she felt the same.

Later on my friends told me based on stuff from the day I hardly remember anymore, she was clearly giving "the signals" but me in my overthinking didn't consider them to be anything lol.

And then a month later I did something dumb that screwed up our relationship anyway and things were never the same.

That's another story though. :facepalm:
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (07-25-2023), Spuds (07-22-2023)
Old 07-22-2023, 09:24 PM   #8223
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Dang, that's rough. But that also fits the age group, though, right? High school age kids and even college age kids to an extent love to beat around the bush or not really express their intentions/feelings. I don't blame you for that.

Oh yeah, it's been long enough that i can laugh about it now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
spike021 (07-22-2023)
Old 07-22-2023, 10:52 PM   #8224
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

I'd been friends with this girl in my group for a couple years by then and we'd sometimes hang out at the library to study together or she'd ask me to come with her to her class when I had break times. But usually the timing for the relationship itself sucked because she'd be with some other dude, so my own feelings were on/off again but no big deal.

The one time she'd been broken up for a while, we kept hanging out in the summer, and she mostly wanted it to be 1:1. One day we were just supposed to get boba/coffee and maybe go hang out at a park or something for a couple hours, but it ended up being basically 12pm-11pm at night. I would check in with her and see if she needed to get going, but she'd find reasons for us to hang out longer (let's go do X, let's go see Y, we should grab dinner together).

But I was in a similar situation to you. I had the crush on her a while but didn't think she felt the same. So the whole day/night I was busy just enjoying it but not thinking of saying anything because I didn't think she felt the same.

Later on my friends told me based on stuff from the day I hardly remember anymore, she was clearly giving "the signals" but me in my overthinking didn't consider them to be anything lol.

And then a month later I did something dumb that screwed up our relationship anyway and things were never the same.

That reminded me of these:

Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
alex87f (07-27-2023)
Old 07-23-2023, 01:08 AM   #8225
Kaotic Lazagna

For those who game, what are your thoughts on the upcoming Armored Core 6 game? It looks like it'll be a fun game, but for me, I'm concerned about it making me nauseated. Games where I have to control the character and the camera separately do this for some reason. Doesn't matter if it's first person or third person.
Old 07-23-2023, 08:46 AM   #8226
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
For those who game, what are your thoughts on the upcoming Armored Core 6 game? It looks like it'll be a fun game, but for me, I'm concerned about it making me nauseated. Games where I have to control the character and the camera separately do this for some reason. Doesn't matter if it's first person or third person.
Interesting, never had that experience, and I played a lot of battlemech back in the day, including the ones at Dave and Busters back when they had real games.

AC6 definitely looks like it has potential but I haven't seen a gameplay demo, and if I'm not mistaken it's a PS exclusive which leaves me out (PC Master Race only except some VR).

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 09:18 AM   #8227
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Interesting, never had that experience, and I played a lot of battlemech back in the day, including the ones at Dave and Busters back when they had real games.

AC6 definitely looks like it has potential but I haven't seen a gameplay demo, and if I'm not mistaken it's a PS exclusive which leaves me out (PC Master Race only except some VR).
AC6 is/will be available on PC too, as well as xbox.

Yeah, it just started one day for me. Not sure why. If moving the camera is optional, like games like Stray and Nier Automata, then I can play it longer before getting a headache or nauseated.
Old 07-24-2023, 12:54 AM   #8228
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,242 Times in 8,610 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
I'm feeling better, so back to California Tuesday.

Going to be weird at my childhood home with no mom, and everyone picking the things they want. I guess my niece already visited and put post-it notes on the things she wants. How did she get in the house? I have a feeling a lot of things will already be gone when my older brother and I get there on Tuesday.

Stressful times.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
Captain Snooze (07-24-2023), Dadhawk (07-24-2023), humfrz (07-25-2023), Kaotic Lazagna (07-24-2023), NoHaveMSG (07-24-2023), spike021 (07-24-2023), Spuds (07-24-2023), Ultramaroon (07-24-2023), Wally86 (07-24-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 07:04 AM   #8229
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
AC6 is/will be available on PC too, as well as xbox.
Hmm, didn't know that. The one trailer I watched (which included no actual gameplay so pretty useless), only mentioned Playstation at the end.

Last edited by Dadhawk; 07-24-2023 at 10:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Kaotic Lazagna (07-24-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 07:17 AM   #8230
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Buc-ees

I have now stopped at two different Buc-ees (one on I-75 near Macon, GA and one on I-95 in Dillion, SC.

Neither experience was great. Other than having semi-clean rest rooms and just about every imaginable form of junk food, I just don't get it. Both places (one visited on a Thursday mid-afternoon, the other Sunday at about 9:30am) were packed, as in worse day you can imagine at Disney World packed.

The visit to the one in Dillion literally took me over 15 minutes to get out of my parking space, and then another 15 minutes to get out of the parking lot, and that was with me doing some questionable cut-throughs.

Two visits was enough, I will not be doing that again! Maybe in placed like Texas where there are more of them, they are not quite as bad. I just don't get the obsession with putting yourself through that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Spuds (07-24-2023), Wally86 (07-24-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 09:18 AM   #8231
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,346 Times in 4,127 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
The visit to the one in Dillion literally took me over 15 minutes to get out of my parking space, and then another 15 minutes to get out of the parking lot, and that was with me doing some questionable cut-throughs.

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Snooze For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (07-24-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 10:49 AM   #8232
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Yea, that is NOT the problem at Buc-ee's. The parking lot was packed probably over 99% occupied and it is poorly designed for traffic flow.

Tags
have you turned it off/on, i heart my boxer, i still hate you all, kiss me, maple syrup, multipass, next one is a prequel, ow my balls, special_k abandoned you, the search for more money