follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #799
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
Supposedly, and this is internet hearsay, that was actually the original story. But then Bungie's lead story writer left, maybe due to differences in the way they wanted the direction to go? Anyway, they hired a writer, chopped and copied and pasted everything back together to form some semblance of story. Those are the grimoire cards. They say an awful lot but you have to go to the app or site to read them.

You can even see in past trailers and things that the story was in a different direction. The queen's brother, for example, was "Crow" and met the player on Earth.. so yeah..
It's an interesting theory and one that seems rather plausible. With that being said, the only part that gives me pause is that if this were true, then why do the different enemies in the game fight each other? I mean, if we were actually doing the bidding of the Darkness and were out to destroy everything that stood against the Darkness then you would think the bad guys would become allies to fight against it, even if it meant setting aside their differences for the interim.

Either way, the story side to this game has been very lacking so far. Lots of things are not even being explained or giving any incentive for their existence. Like the dead ghosts. What's their point, other than adding another grimoir card to your collection? At first, I was spending a lot of time looking for them but then I realized I wasn't getting any tangible rewards for spending all this time looking for them so I quit. Now I just stumble on them by accident, even in the Tower.
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #800
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee-Hu View Post
The bug we kept having was that the enemies would not move, would take damage but regen asap, portal would not open, etc. We kept having to reset over and over. The one experienced guy in our raid stated that it's a normal thing so who knows.
That wasn't our issue, we just couldn't get the relics out of the portal. The guys who were going into it said they kept getting blinded immediately and then we'd fail at recovering both relics. We could get the first, but never the second. There was also a few instances where Vex would be liking walking in air etc. which seemed kind of strange. I just think the Bungie servers are not up to the task at this point and need an overhaul. We also would have the random guy get booted and we'd have to invite him back to the Raid.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #801
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
It's an interesting theory and one that seems rather plausible. With that being said, the only part that gives me pause is that if this were true, then why do the different enemies in the game fight each other? I mean, if we were actually doing the bidding of the Darkness and were out to destroy everything that stood against the Darkness then you would think the bad guys would become allies to fight against it, even if it meant setting aside their differences for the interim.

Either way, the story side to this game has been very lacking so far. Lots of things are not even being explained or giving any incentive for their existence. Like the dead ghosts. What's their point, other than adding another grimoir card to your collection? At first, I was spending a lot of time looking for them but then I realized I wasn't getting any tangible rewards for spending all this time looking for them so I quit. Now I just stumble on them by accident, even in the Tower.
Joe Staten leaving was a huge blow. You can see from earlier vids that there were some changes, but I suppose that's inevitable.

I never considered why the aliens were fighting each other if the guardians were the problem.

Maybe they thought they already beat most of us back and started fighting each other? Guardians in general are in pretty dire straights when we get revived by dinklebot.

I get the feeling this game was intended to be a bit vague, both us and Bungie are still figuring out what works best for everyone. Given all the internet rage you can be sure they'll put a lot more work into the story of the second one. Hopefully most of us will still want to play in 2 years.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to f0rge For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-28-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #802
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
That wasn't our issue, we just couldn't get the relics out of the portal. The guys who were going into it said they kept getting blinded immediately and then we'd fail at recovering both relics. We could get the first, but never the second. There was also a few instances where Vex would be liking walking in air etc. which seemed kind of strange. I just think the Bungie servers are not up to the task at this point and need an overhaul. We also would have the random guy get booted and we'd have to invite him back to the Raid.
From the guides I've read I think you can rush the "Past" portal but you need to take a bit more time on the second one because you'll be cleansing people.

I also read that a lot of groups do both portals at the same time so they can focus afterwards on the conflux in the middle, which was also giving us problems.
53Driver (10-28-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #803
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Garage
Nexus is the nightfall. Void burn.

They also patched Atheon, both the baby bumpers and the random teleporting.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:31 AM   #804
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
From the guides I've read I think you can rush the "Past" portal but you need to take a bit more time on the second one because you'll be cleansing people.

I also read that a lot of groups do both portals at the same time so they can focus afterwards on the conflux in the middle, which was also giving us problems.
Yeah, I didn't end up running it last night. To be honest, I really wasn't all that excited to do it last night. I see TCurry posted on the forum that it appears the patch still hasn't gone through, so people will still be able to cheese Atheon if they so wish to.

I ended up running the ddaily story twice and did a couple of strikes with JDuB and deadart last night. Finally picked up a Legendary special, a shotgun named Invisible Hand VII. I think Bungie likes giving me weapons with "Hand" and a numeral in the name. So far I've got Red Hand IX hand cannon and Invisible Hand VII shotgun. Maybe they are saying "I need a hand in this game"?

edit-I see your post above so it sounds as if the patch did go through.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #805
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Garage
Now that we finally have a decent group to play with I'm excited to finally be able to do the nightfall.

Also pumped for another Atheon raid even if we cant finish it again, I still got 6 Ascendant shards, Praedyths Revenge (sniper) and a Shattered Vault cloak for only doing half.

Right now I almost want ascendant stuff more than weapons, I have so many things waiting for the final 2-3 upgrades.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to f0rge For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-28-2014), MokSpeed (10-28-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #806
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Quote:
Now that we finally have a decent group to play with I'm excited to finally be able to do the nightfall.

Also pumped for another Atheon raid even if we cant finish it again, I still got 6 Ascendant shards, Praedyths Revenge (sniper) and a Shattered Vault cloak for only doing half.

Right now I almost want ascendant stuff more than weapons, I have so many things waiting for the final 2-3 upgrades.
Shards and Energy become a priority over everything once you have your desired armor set!
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MokSpeed For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-28-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #807
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MokSpeed View Post
Shards and Energy become a priority over everything once you have your desired armor set!
Even before that, I'm already 28 so I don't even care about my armor. But I have 7-8 weapons that desperately need energies to get to 300 like my Icebreaker, Shadow Price, Final Boss, Steel Oracle, Swarm, Devil You Know, etc...

It's bloody ridiculous I feel like I'm living off scraps, I can only seem to reliably get 1-3 of these a day (1st public event and Heroic daily) and it's random between energies and shards.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:36 PM   #808
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Honestly, weapons are kind of a secondary concern.

Your light score, which is affected by your armor, is more important than your weapon.

Example: You go into a raid on hard mode. You are all stoked and gung ho like "Hell yeah. Imma bring my lvl 20 legendary Aetheons epilogue that is fully upgraded!"

Thats all nice n dandy, but at lvl 28 you are doing 66% less damage.

Weapons should be a secondary concern until you hit lvl 30. Then you can worry about upgrading weapons. Just my opinion and what I am currently doing.

I get upset when I get energy :p
The Following User Says Thank You to tahdizzle For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-28-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #809
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Garage
Oh I have no illusions that I'm ready for hardmode raid, but until I actually get some raid gear from normal I'm not even going to try that.

The weapons don't have that sort of barrier so maybe that's why I'm itching to get them upgraded.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #810
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Quote:
it's random between energies and shards.
Yea me and @53Driver have been saying Bungie really needs to incorporate a trade system. But no, Heaven forbid the gamers get what they want in a timely manner!
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #811
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MokSpeed View Post
Yea me and @53Driver have been saying Bungie really needs to incorporate a trade system. But no, Heaven forbid the gamers get what they want in a timely manner!
Part of this game's longevity is never giving you want you want so you have to keep playing it.

I'm not even convinced it's RNG. RNG is not random when it's the worst possible outcome every time.

I hate pulse rifles, my first 2 legendary primary drops decode to... pulse rifles. My friend excitedly gets his first primary legendary....he gets the exact same terrible pulse rifle as me. I've never had a primary legendary drop that wasn't a pulse rifle.

I get shaders all the time in Tiger Strike...too bad they're ALWAYS BLOODPACT. How is that random? I hear there's a bunch of shaders in this game, but I would never know that.

/rant
MokSpeed (10-28-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #812
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

I'm thinking about trying Nightfall tonight, that's the one thing I haven't done yet.

If you do the Daily story on level 26 or 28, you get ascendent energy/shards as a reward I believe. If you do the weekly on level 28, you get ascendent energy/shards x2 and at level 26 x1. Good way to get ascendent stuff, but the weekly will only reward once per character per week. Also, getting Gold Star in Public events has a decent chance of earning ascendent material and I believe there's a website that will tell you when/where each Public event is per day. I tried it the other day and the website was off by about 4 minutes, but it did show up where they said it would. And yes, I am struggling to get my armor upgraded right now and as well. Both my exotic chest piece and legendary leg armor are eligible for 2 more upgrades but the ascendent stuff is coming very slowly.

And I agree with MokSpeed, I still think there should be some sort of trading system where you can trade comparable equipment with another individual. That way when I get Warlock stuff I could trade for Titan stuff and vice versa.