follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
DIG1992

Drives: 2002 Acura TL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
buying BRZ or FRS

Hey guys simce we have a couple months left till the frs and brz is sold to the public and by that time we would know the pricing. And I notice everyone is gearing up to buy then so I was wondering if anyone is new jersey or new york knows and one where we could get a good deal.
DIG1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
ft86Fan

Drives: FR-S, Exige S, Miata
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Too early to answer.
ft86Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
AZP Installs

Drives: '11 STi->'14 BRZ | '14 Touareg TDi
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to AZP Installs
There wont be any deals imho since the production levels are going to be low for the first year.

Mike
AZP Installs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
CNC Autosports

Drives: 1988 BMW M3 and 2012 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I got one of the 86 comming to the states and was told MSRP on the FRS $28K loaded. The car should be here around mid May.
CNC Autosports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
AZP Installs

Nice. Should be a fun car to play with.

-mike

Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.
AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber
"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"
Old 01-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC Autosports View Post
I got one of the 86 comming to the states and was told MSRP on the FRS $28K loaded. The car should be here around mid May.
Congrats man. Is that 28k fully loaded? If so, that should put the base around 23.
Tbxgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
iff2mastamatt
Feeling Iffy?

Drives: it like I stole it
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
^ That's great news! I'll probably get a model that's in the mid range, so $25k would be excellent!
iff2mastamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
AZP Installs

We will likely lease one for the shop til the Turbo model comes out.

-Paisan

Call directly for your best prices as we carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.
AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber
"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"
Old 01-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Deals? I think the best deal you will find is someone who is willing to put your name on a waiting list that's probably a year long.
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
iwantmybrz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited WRB Stick
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Good deal on BRZ?

I've been watching the development of the BRZ/FR-S for over two years and based on the production numbers expected this model year and the recent swell of positive reviews in the trades, I anticipate there won't be any real "deals" to be had, at least not this year. My guess is we're gonna have to fight to pay the full retail price and I hope not to get slammed with a over sticker premium add-on, particularly on the lower cost models such as the BRZ premium or Scion FR-S. Your best bet will be to place a deposit with the highest volume dealer in your area who has a reputation for good customer service. I contacted Subaru and was provided with the names of only two dealers in Connecticut whom were bestowed with Subaru's excellence in customer service award and placed a deposit at the one where I had the best shopping experience. I anticipate that the demand for these cars will swell tremendously the closer we get to their release as the general public gets wind of them making if very tempting for your dealer to sell yours to a new customer willing to pay well over the sticker price to seal the deal. Your best bet is to keep tabs on the delivery of your car to the dealer and get over there ASAP once in to pick it up before someone else does. Remember, these deposits on sale are non-binding by either party and just as you may cancel at any time as ask for your deposit back, so may the dealer even if his reason is no more than another buyer offering to pay a premium over sticker, had no trade-in to quibble over or someone like myself who intends on paying in cash with no financing or trade-in. Remember, most car dealers are thieves, have no honor, are totally unsympathetic to our plight and are interested in only one thing; the almighty dollar. Good luck to all of my fellow enthusiasts and I hope you call get the car you pre-ordered, but I, for one, am not holding my breath.
iwantmybrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmybrz View Post
I've been watching the development of the BRZ/FR-S for over two years and based on the production numbers expected this model year and the recent swell of positive reviews in the trades, I anticipate there won't be any real "deals" to be had, at least not this year. My guess is we're gonna have to fight to pay the full retail price and I hope not to get slammed with a over sticker premium add-on, particularly on the lower cost models such as the BRZ premium or Scion FR-S. Your best bet will be to place a deposit with the highest volume dealer in your area who has a reputation for good customer service. I contacted Subaru and was provided with the names of only two dealers in Connecticut whom were bestowed with Subaru's excellence in customer service award and placed a deposit at the one where I had the best shopping experience. I anticipate that the demand for these cars will swell tremendously the closer we get to their release as the general public gets wind of them making if very tempting for your dealer to sell yours to a new customer willing to pay well over the sticker price to seal the deal. Your best bet is to keep tabs on the delivery of your car to the dealer and get over there ASAP once in to pick it up before someone else does. Remember, these deposits on sale are non-binding by either party and just as you may cancel at any time as ask for your deposit back, so may the dealer even if his reason is no more than another buyer offering to pay a premium over sticker, had no trade-in to quibble over or someone like myself who intends on paying in cash with no financing or trade-in. Remember, most car dealers are thieves, have no honor, are totally unsympathetic to our plight and are interested in only one thing; the almighty dollar. Good luck to all of my fellow enthusiasts and I hope you call get the car you pre-ordered, but I, for one, am not holding my breath.
So which dealership did you talk to? Did they seem well informed, and do they have a long list?
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote