follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 05-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
Accurate Race Shop

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Innovate/Spritex/Bullet... What I found searching the web.

http://www.bulletcars.com/supercharg...er-system.html

This site says a 50% increase in power for 3000-4500 RPM range and 40% increase in power 6000-7200 rpm range.

http://www.sprintex.com.au/sprintex/...arger-system/#

This site says the kit is Available for purchase but has no link to buy it.

According to Innovate they are still in development doing their durability testing and longevity testing. I talked to them on the phone today and they told me that none of the websites that have it posted for sale actually have any in the U.S.A.

The kits are for sale in New Zealand and Australia from what I am seeing. Innovate will be selling the kits in the U.S.A. It looks like they are very close.

I am not arguing anything about the companies the kit itself or the truth of the information I have found. This is simply putting it together so others don't have to search all over the internet like I did looking for information on this kit.
Accurate Race Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Accurate Race Shop For This Useful Post:
Fast_Freddy (05-15-2013), nonicname (05-15-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
norsamerican

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Here we go again.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
Accurate Race Shop

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by norsamerican View Post
Here we go again.
I like the kit a lot and I am patiently waiting I am just tired or searching all three sites looking for an update. So I posted them here so people can see what has happened in the past couple weeks and what they are saying about the gains from the kit sense that has been a huge question.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:43 AM   #4
norsamerican

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper View Post
I like the kit a lot and I am patiently waiting I am just tired or searching all three sites looking for an update. So I posted them here so people can see what has happened in the past couple weeks and what they are saying about the gains from the kit sense that has been a huge question.
Those who are interested do their own research. Trust me.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #5
Mars2

Drives: GT86, AUDI RS2, VW T5 R32 Vortech
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Isn't Robispec going to instal one very soon?
Mars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #6
Accurate Race Shop

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars2 View Post
Isn't Robispec going to instal one very soon?
Talked on the phone with them today about the radiator/oil cooler they are working on for the car to fit the Innovate and other FI kits. Sounds very promising but I will let them post all the details about it because I only got general details today.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #7
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Talked on the phone with them today about the radiator/oil cooler they are working on for the car to fit the Innovate and other FI kits. Sounds very promising but I will let them post all the details about it because I only got general details today.
may i know why are you so hyped up about this kit especially ? considering some turbo kits out their manage to start making power down low and hold it all the way through the rpm
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #8
Fast_Freddy

Drives: Passat
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmsAlSuwaidi View Post
may i know why are you so hyped up about this kit especially ? considering some turbo kits out their manage to start making power down low and hold it all the way through the rpm
Perhaps, like myself, he doesn't want a turbo kit? Perhaps, like myself, he's interested in this kit for it's remarkably easy installation/removal, simplicity and very reasonable cost?

May I ask why you are so interested in a thread about a supercharger that you are not interested in?

Fast_Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fast_Freddy For This Useful Post:
6speed_Sam (06-10-2013), Accurate Race Shop (05-15-2013), Batman (05-17-2013), BMA (05-15-2013), Hawk77FT (05-24-2013), RT87 (05-15-2013), WatchmaN (05-16-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 01:21 AM   #9
Mars2

Drives: GT86, AUDI RS2, VW T5 R32 Vortech
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hope for super early boost threshold, zero Lag, torque in the deep area but all that is supposition as we didn't see it performing yet.
And very quick to go back stock every two year for inspection or in case of trouble with police. I guess it can be done in a couple of Hour's
Mars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mars2 For This Useful Post:
Accurate Race Shop (05-15-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #10
Accurate Race Shop

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmsAlSuwaidi View Post
I just fell in love with the kit when I was at the modified shootout and got to see it in person. I have seen a P&L kit and got a ride in it and I have seen the Vortech kit and rode in that one as well. They put out a lot of power and feel really good but most of the FI kits are saying they are having oil temps go crazy on them rising to 290 and above. Supposedly (from talking to them at the shootout) the Innovate kit does not have this issue. More than anything else I just like the kit and it seems very durable and a kit you could have on the car for many miles without any mechanical issues. It really all comes down to personal preferance more than anything else and tracking the car while relying on it daily I need something that is durable and can take a lot of abuse and not overheat. I have no clue if that is true because the kit is still being tested for long term durability and if the results come back and all the claims are not true I will most likely be going with the HKS kit and their 19 row oil cooler. All the super charger kits are coming out from good companies that have been around for a while and I'm sure they are all good products it just comes to which one is right for each individual.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #11
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy View Post
Perhaps, like myself, he doesn't want a turbo kit? Perhaps, like myself, he's interested in this kit for it's remarkably easy installation/removal, simplicity and very reasonable cost?

May I ask why you are so interested in a thread about a supercharger that you are not interested in?

did i quote you by any chance ? i clearly asked @jasper

reasonable price ? care to share that ?

because i feel like teaching my self about this " magnificent kit" considering i owned a both a blown and turbo'd car for a while ,and i don't mind looking into other things
The Following User Says Thank You to SmsAlSuwaidi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2013, 01:29 AM   #12
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Quote:
I just fell in love with the kit when I was at the modified shootout and got to see it in person. I have seen a P&L kit and got a ride in it and I have seen the Vortech kit and rode in that one as well. They put out a lot of power and feel really good but most of the FI kits are saying they are having oil temps go crazy on them rising to 290 and above. Supposedly (from talking to them at the shootout) the Innovate kit does not have this issue. More than anything else I just like the kit and it seems very durable and a kit you could have on the car for many miles without any mechanical issues. It really all comes down to personal preferance more than anything else and tracking the car while relying on it daily I need something that is durable and can take a lot of abuse and not overheat. I have no clue if that is true because the kit is still being tested for long term durability and if the results come back and all the claims are not true I will most likely be going with the HKS kit and their 19 row oil cooler. All the super charger kits are coming out from good companies that have been around for a while and I'm sure they are all good products it just comes to which one is right for each individual.
True about most FI kits heating up, but i think considering Robiespec is installing some cooling it might be similar, as you said its all preference in the end. regarding the HKS kit, thats a good choice especially with what Evasive are doing

what ever kit you end up going with, Njoy it
The Following User Says Thank You to SmsAlSuwaidi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2013, 01:30 AM   #13
Accurate Race Shop

Garage
Alright no fighting here. This thread was to get info about the kit out because the companies obviously do not do a lot of internet promotions for their product. You have to go from site to site trying to find anything about the kit. Everyone has their own preferences on power delivery in their own cars. This kit starts at $3500 making it the cheapest and with only a 2 hour install very easy to bring the car back to stock sense their is not cutting or drilling that take place in other kits
The Following User Says Thank You to Accurate Race Shop For This Useful Post:
SmsAlSuwaidi (05-15-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #14
EZWood
BAMF

Drives: 13 fr-s, whiteout, MT. 94 ZJ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Word is the pd superchargers running similar psi on the 2.5 rs motors were 280 tq and 230ish for hp. I haven't seen any dyno sheets to go with this information, but on the fa I don't see why it wouldn't make similar numbers if not higher. Pure speculation on my part, but I've been waiting patiently for some information on the innovate kit that will be sold here stateside.
EZWood is offline   Reply With Quote