follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #6931
Lefty-FRS

Drives: '15 FRS 1.0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Hi everyone. New here, my name is Greg, but everyone calls me Lefty. I purchased a '15 FR-S Release 1.0. Automatic last July. Before you bust me nutz, I have no choice, as I had an accident in 2008 and lost my right arm, so I have to run an Auto/ hybrid. My Previous car was an '08 Evo X MR fully setup for AutoX. Engine went last summer at an event, so I moved over to the FR-S. While the FR-S has 1/3 the power my former had, I enjoy driving it more than I did the Evo. More balanced and compliant. The Evo on 285 Hoosiers, sometimes told you what it was going to do....

Anyway, I AutoX this car too and just starting to get interested in HPDE. Looking to learn about this platform and develop the car to complement my evolving driving skills.

Cheers!
Attached Images

Last edited by Lefty-FRS; 08-28-2016 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Didn't complete my thought.....
Lefty-FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lefty-FRS For This Useful Post:
8R6 (09-06-2016), everythingsablur (08-28-2016), Tcoat (08-29-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 05:41 PM   #6932
tmandawg

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
2015 FR-S Black

Hey everyone! I'm Taylor. I bought my FR-S in June 2015. I'm always reading posts on here and finally decided to make an account haha. I'm from Texas but currently live in Alaska.

I'm currently saving all the money I can on a deployment so I can build my engine and stick a nice turbo in it. With many supporting mods, exhaust, wheels, brakes, suspension, etc. Basically, I want the fastest 86 twin in AK. Which is a challenge since we don't have high octane gas or E85.

Nice to meet everyone, I look forward to talking with y'all!
tmandawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tmandawg For This Useful Post:
8R6 (09-06-2016), Tcoat (08-29-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 05:47 PM   #6933
NA_FRS86

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandawg View Post
Hey everyone! I'm Taylor. I bought my FR-S in June 2015. I'm always reading posts on here and finally decided to make an account haha. I'm from Texas but currently live in Alaska.

I'm currently saving all the money I can on a deployment so I can build my engine and stick a nice turbo in it. With many supporting mods, exhaust, wheels, brakes, suspension, etc. Basically, I want the fastest 86 twin in AK. Which is a challenge since we don't have high octane gas or E85.

Nice to meet everyone, I look forward to talking with y'all!

Welcome! I take it you are in the military. I am also currently deployed and doing the same! lol all my hard earned deployment money going into my FRS when I get back.
NA_FRS86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:24 PM   #6934
Blueboyfrs

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Garage
Hey guys and girls my names trevor and I live in the burbs of Chicago and I got my first frs on Thursday its a 2016 frs 6speed got it with 10 miles on it and I'm loving the car so far. I would post pics but not sure how to do that ha
Blueboyfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueboyfrs For This Useful Post:
anytimeparking (08-29-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 05:47 PM   #6935
Open Loop
2013 FR-S Whiteout / SSC

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Chiecking in from Pittsburgh

Greetings everyone! Yesterday I picked up a 2013 FRS manual Whiteout that is stock with the stock spoiler, with the exception of the tires, which are Michelin Pilot all seasons. I have a set of 225/45 15 RE71r's in my possession as well. Car has 20,500 miles on it and not a visible scratch beyond some difficult-to-see swirl marks that I will be able to polish out. Very clean.

It replaces a 1998 BMW 540i six-speed manual that I owned for 10 years, and joins my supercharged NB Mazda Miata. I suspect that this car will ultimately be built up for C-Street autocross use.

I am very excited to get this car, having a blast, and look forward to many years and miles of fun driving with it.
Open Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Open Loop For This Useful Post:
everythingsablur (08-31-2016)
Old 09-03-2016, 09:31 PM   #6936
mrg666
pessimistic skeptic

Drives: '14 FR-S Monogram AT JRSC
Thanked 1,035 Times in 684 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Hi Everyone! This is RG from NY. I recently got a 2014 Monogram AT with 6K miles. It was a showroom car so I am the first owner and the car came with full warranty. I have been looking forward to buying an FRS/BRZ since it was released four years ago. It is even better than I thought it would be. This is a very special car and I love it!

I was planning to buy MT but 2014 whiteout Monogram was looking too cute to pass in the dealer. After driving, though, I am impressed with the manual mode with the pedal and sequential shifters. Now, I am glad I have AT.

So far, I have only added K&N air filter, JDM exhaust tips, shark-fin antenna, and backup camera. Thinking about JRSC next but it will take a while I guess. Maybe new wheels before that. I am not posting any pictures since my FR-S still looks stock.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for all the information I found here.
mrg666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:08 AM   #6937
86Swe

Drives: Toyota GT86 -13
Hi!

I'm Stefan,21 years old, I live in Stockholm, Sweden and I just got myself a Toyota GT86 -2013 (Manual) with 6275 miles on it.
I'm the 2nd owner and he sold it due to lack of time - which meant that the car mainly just stood there looking pretty, but rarely used.

My first car was a Seat Ibiza -2000 with ONLY 12 241 miles on it. (I hope my convertion from KM is correct).

I fell in love with the Toyota GT86 at first sight and was basically everything I wanted for my 2nd car. Something unusual, necktwister and with reasonable power and of course "He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling" :-).

First impressions of the car is that it's stunningly beautiful and a blast to drive.
I have not gone drifting or anything like that just yet as I want to learn the car first.

So far I have not done any modifications on my car, but what I plan to do is:

* New Exhaust system (Milltek / HKS non resonated looks quite attractive)
* Tinted Winodws
* Sport air-filter
* Perhaps a new intercooler

And I might consider a GREDDY turbo sometime in the future if I feel like it's even necessary.

This is a bit about myself.
Seems like a good forum to share experiences and to learn, so I'm glad to be here!

Best regards
Stefan
86Swe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86Swe For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (09-11-2016)
Old 09-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #6938
HotLavaDude
Character is Destiny

Drives: 2015 FR-S Hot Lava Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiroku View Post
Welcome to FT86club! Well, you're probably here because you're interested in this car. And that's why I'm here and put up this fansite

Can't wait for this car to go production. 2011 seems way too long away! But hopefully we can all pass that time together by sharing info and discussions until it's finally on the streets.

Be sure to bookmark the homepage blog. I've been a blogger for years so will be updating the blog with any new FT86 developments, info, and news.

Again, welcome and looking forward to chatting with you all.
Thank You Hachiroku ! For creating this most excellent fan site for us to share our thoughts and ideas in....
HotLavaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HotLavaDude For This Useful Post:
Hachiroku (09-06-2016), Tcoat (09-05-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #6939
Nordic86

Drives: 2013 Used Silver Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey everyone! been stalking these forums for a long time now. New to the club as of the 27th. New manual driver as well so my first car being an FR-S was pretty damn exciting for me. Im currently on leave and will depart for my duty station on Saturday. Driving all the way up there and I'm looking forward to the trip. Used Silver 2013 Scion FR-S. 51k miles. No mods yet. Im new to the car scene and I'm trying to learn all i can about my car before i mod the engine and such. Definitely plan on picking up some Valenti tail lights though. Anyway, just thought I'd say Hi!
Nordic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:06 PM   #6940
Trecheon

Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Garage
I've been lurking around these forums for a few years now. I finally registered when the time came for me to get a twin of my very own.

I've had her nearly two weeks, and it's been an absolute blast. I look forward to the future, both in this car, and in this community!
Trecheon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trecheon For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (09-11-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #6941
William E Lough

Drives: 2013 FRS Hot Lava 6spd mt
New member here

Hello to all,glad to be here.Bought my 13 about a month ago<stock except for tires and drop in filter installed by previous owner.Coming from my 2000 Integra LS that had 260k when i traded it in FRS feels so much nicer.Reminds me of how well my 82 Celica felt driving but with double the power and much better rubber.my family owned first four generations of Celicas until they went front drive then we switched to Acuras(couple of Integras,TLs,a 1st gen Legend),So feels great to be back in a Toyota after years in a Honda.Missed the rear drive cars from my youth.
Attached Images

William E Lough is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to William E Lough For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (09-11-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 01:50 PM   #6942
HalfAnEngine

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Garage
Hello from Long Island

Hey everyone, I'm Bryan. Great forum you got here, and I'm glad to finally be partaking in the fun! Got my new, "Oceanic" blue, stick-shift '16 FR-S a few weeks ago, and just broke the 1,000 break-in miles. Redline, here I come!
That "FT-86 problem areas" section of the forum has me a bit on the lookout, and it looks like I should definitely change the tranny and diff oil well before the recommended interval is initially up.
Despite my username, I always appreciate an eager, responsive engine, even with half of my favorite number of cylinders
Great forum, people, and glad to be here.
HalfAnEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:04 PM   #6943
SlmedFRS

Drives: Scion FRS, Bagged Lexus IS350
Hey guys! New here from socal I got my FRS last year and a lot of great adventures and modding with it already! Great forum great to be here!
SlmedFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:34 AM   #6944
Gabzor

Drives: Don't own one yet.. but work on em
Hey guys, I don't own a FRS/BRZ yet... but I take care and basically do all the work for about 6 of them (hence why I want one) I'm in LA

Mostly browsing, and PM'ing classifieds, so nice with these cars you have an active forum and guides for everything, where my car there's nothing
Gabzor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabzor For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (09-19-2016)

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo