follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #43
zaptorque

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieNate View Post
I've found that mirror adjustment is crucial on this car. Most people are clueless when it comes to proper mirror adjustment.
Yep, not gonna lie I was completely clueless until a little over a year ago. It annoys me when I see people in normal cars/sedans that have those little convex things on their mirrors. Completely pointless!
zaptorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #44
SubieNate

Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthow View Post
Sadly, this is an overly incorrect statement!

OP should have hoped for a write-off as an accident kills the resale value of a car. I know personally I would never buy a car that has been repaired regardless of work done and all my car buddies are the same. Not to mention anytime you hear a weird noise or something just doesn't look right you will always blame the accident - truly a terrible thing to have happen to a brand new car.

If it were me I'd trade the car in towards a brand new one. Pay the difference. Then sue the lady for said difference. No way, I would stick with having an accident car when i'm 100% deemed not to be at fault by both insurance companies and the police!
After the repair I plan to get the car appraised and file for a diminished value claim due to the age of the car. Trading it in is likely not an option, paying taxes on that would more than eat up any settlement I got.

Nathan
SubieNate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SubieNate For This Useful Post:
jimmillion (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #45
mangostick
Banned

Drives: whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaptorque View Post
Yep, not gonna lie I was completely clueless until a little over a year ago. It annoys me when I see people in normal cars/sedans that have those little convex things on their mirrors. Completely pointless!
Actually they're not pointless. The twins though laid out well with good mirrors aren't absent from blindspot problems. I dont care how well you have your mirrors adjusted.. you have blind spots big enough to hide an entire midsize car, especially if its a terrible driver that likes to ride at your corners.

Those little mirrors do help. Now, they only help if the larger mirror they're stuck to is adjusted properly in the first place... and that takes at least half a brain to do. Most people dont use any let alone half of their brain so..... yeah.

This is why I have LOUD horns on the car.
mangostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #46
DanoFA20
Shift Down

Drives: Toyota 86, Mazda RX7 RaceCar (FC3S)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheOcean View Post
How do you remain calm in these situations?...
gotta think bud, its an object it can be replaced a life cant. they still produce the car if it was totaled im sure he would take his insurance check and go buy another one. i know i would.
DanoFA20 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DanoFA20 For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #47
Rayme
The Answer

Drives: Mazda 2
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthow View Post
Sadly, this is an overly incorrect statement!

OP should have hoped for a write-off as an accident kills the resale value of a car. I know personally I would never buy a car that has been repaired regardless of work done and all my car buddies are the same. Not to mention anytime you hear a weird noise or something just doesn't look right you will always blame the accident - truly a terrible thing to have happen to a brand new car.

If it were me I'd trade the car in towards a brand new one. Pay the difference. Then sue the lady for said difference. No way, I would stick with having an accident car when i'm 100% deemed not to be at fault by both insurance companies and the police!
Sounds like a very convivial thing to do.