follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 05-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #85
cevin45x

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for the feedback! I have sti mounts now, along with the sti trans mount and I feel that they are no different from OEM. Wanting something in between cusco/torque solutions and the sti ones since I have all Whiteline bushings on my car. Need something to complete all the bushings I've added.

When you say gummy, are they physically softer (significantly) when they were originally?
With your sti mounts now are they stiffer than the "gummy" perrins?

Thanks
STX Build - OFT Stage 2 EL 93oct (etune)/TRD intake/HKS EL catless/Motiv OP/Invidia FP catted/Perrin CBE resonated/All complete Whiteline bushings/MTEC trans & clutch springs/Kartboy SS & mount/Perrin 19mm f & 16mm r/Perrin crank & assessory pulleys
cevin45x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #86
Decay107
Turning is for Nerds

Drives: 35 characters is not enough
Thanked 1,259 Times in 717 Posts
Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cevin45x View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I have sti mounts now, along with the sti trans mount and I feel that they are no different from OEM. Wanting something in between cusco/torque solutions and the sti ones since I have all Whiteline bushings on my car. Need something to complete all the bushings I've added.

When you say gummy, are they physically softer (significantly) when they were originally?
With your sti mounts now are they stiffer than the "gummy" perrins?

Thanks
Both are soft on the side that faces the primary. Also the internal structure has loosened up quite a bit, to the point where I can get some movement with my hand.
The STI are noticeably stiffer than both OEM and gummy Perrins.

Last edited by Decay107; 05-18-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Decay107 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Decay107 For This Useful Post:
cevin45x (05-18-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 12:04 PM   #87
BRZ RN

Drives: Blue BRZ
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
Hey guys, want to necro this and point people to a possible, low cost solution.

DIY is here

@PERRIN @PERRIN_Chris
@FT-86 SpeedFactory @Evasive Motorsports @Sportsguy83 @tg_1981 @FrX @brz2013
what did you do here? photobucket messed up
BRZ RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:42 AM   #88
-Phil

Drives: Rb25 neo brz
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ RN View Post
It's not messed up. photo bucket requires users to pay for hosting as of now.
-Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #89
BRZ RN

Drives: Blue BRZ
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Phil View Post
It's not messed up. photo bucket requires users to pay for hosting as of now.
a yeah that one. im being tuned by your shop remotely from 20853 MD, any recommendations for engine mounts? thanks.
BRZ RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:08 AM   #90
-Phil

Drives: Rb25 neo brz
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
a yeah that one. im being tuned by your shop remotely from 20853 MD, any recommendations for engine mounts? thanks.
I would try and find a set of brz/frs STI mounts, i used those for a long time with no issues.
-Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:56 AM   #91
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Hey BRZRN my broh,

I took a bit of a hiatus from FT86! My girl is running like I want her and just haven't been active.

I tried to find my photos but they aren't in any of my externals, none of my rigs, and photobucket apparently deleted my account when they made the switch to SaaS. I shoulda listened to their emails going on for months saying they would,

Anyway, Here's the only pic I could find. Shame. I'm a python-crazy data architect and can't find some old pics.. musta.. burned 'em.

ha ha. get it. perrin motor mounts melti- what?!

The general approach in the DIY is the same, though. In a nutshell, cut those inferno guards into a shape that you can wrap around & fasten to the perrin motor mount, underneath the flange. I personally used metal zipties - muffler zips. I looked under momo the other month when I was changing her tranny fluid and them mounts look brand new.

I love perrin's stuff. Chris is a good guy. Haven't steered me wrong in any of my subi builds

Enjoy, have fun, good luck!
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:43 PM   #92
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
Hey BRZRN my broh,

I took a bit of a hiatus from FT86! My girl is running like I want her and just haven't been active.

I tried to find my photos but they aren't in any of my externals, none of my rigs, and photobucket apparently deleted my account when they made the switch to SaaS. I shoulda listened to their emails going on for months saying they would,

Anyway, Here's the only pic I could find. Shame. I'm a python-crazy data architect and can't find some old pics.. musta.. burned 'em.

ha ha. get it. perrin motor mounts melti- what?!

The general approach in the DIY is the same, though. In a nutshell, cut those inferno guards into a shape that you can wrap around & fasten to the perrin motor mount, underneath the flange. I personally used metal zipties - muffler zips. I looked under momo the other month when I was changing her tranny fluid and them mounts look brand new.

I love perrin's stuff. Chris is a good guy. Haven't steered me wrong in any of my subi builds

Enjoy, have fun, good luck!
I did STi motor mounts for a local and he actually saw this thread. I made some small plates that sandwich between the motor mount and the subframe with a tab. The sheild folds around the mount on the header side, two pop rivets per side, line with DEI reflect a gold.

Took about a half hour with some spare sheet metal, tin snips, and HF rivet gun.

Iirc he had a SBD kit and the header was not super close to the motor mount, but anything you can do to reflect heat away from rubber/poly mounts, oil, gas, and intake charges is a good idea.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
perrin engine mounts