follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 06-02-2016, 03:51 AM   #169
Weapon86

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS monogram series
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reviving this thread.

My vortech managed to shred 3 belts including one gates racing blue belt. After my recent teardown, i replaced the belt and I noticed that the SC pulley is not aligned with the other ones by 2-3mm, causing the belt to get shredded on the side closer to the engine. I guess its not a problem on normal driving it but when i drive it hard and gets on full boost, thats when the shredding happened. Last belt that got shredded was when i went to the track.

I sandwiched a washer in between one of the pulley bracket(round bracket closer to water pump) in attempt to align the vortech pulley.

After putting everything back. I went to the canyon nearby and drove it hard. So far everything is still intact. Im still monitoring what will happen after this fix attempt. But so far its running pretty good.

This fix may not apply to everybody running vortech v3. It all depends on which side your belt gets messed up.

I also recommend sticking with the stock alternator and waterpump pulley coz when i had a perrin alternator pulley, it doesnt hold the belt as good as the stock ones. If you guys have a perrin accesory pulley, i suggest comparing it with the stock ones and youll get what i mean lol

Will post pics when i get a chance