follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 07-07-2019, 08:10 PM   #1
aemravan

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GSC 4th brakelight wiring question

I have a question regarding a GSC smoked 4th brakelight/reverse light from ft86speedfactory.

So the light itself came with 3 sets of plugs coming out of it, a harness to plug into the factory plug in the trunk (with matching plugs/wires of the back of the light) but it also came with a separate 2-wire (blue/black) plug that i cannot seem to figure out.. its shorter than the harness. I have wired in just the 3 plugs and ran it into the factory plug, nothing seemed to turn on.. I then researched online and saw various wiring methods to ground/cut into the factory tail light wires (anywhere from the red, to yellow to black, etc). I have tried all possible combinations with no luck.

I can't imagine that the light is no good... and am really stumped by the extra harness and am thinking that this is my issue... literally don't have any of the 4th brake light functional at this point and did not see any sort of wiring with the box. The car is a 2013 automatic frs.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
aemravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:24 PM   #2
aemravan

Got it all sorted out. Guess you just have to read a little here and there and watch the video.

Had to unpin the blue wire from the factory plug (not sure why they even pin that wire in since from what I can tell all factory harnesses have 2 wires for the reverse light? Or maybe its different on later models? ) and use the extra 2 wires they sent with a plug to extended it and wire it into the regular lights. Everything is working as it should now.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #3
aemravan

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk