follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-04-2019, 03:18 PM   #43
~el~jefe~
Banned

Drives: 2019 MX-5 RF
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1ca View Post
WTF? A new clutch every 43k miles?

not like anyone would ever admit it in a car forum, but he probably had some habbits that he does not recognize. There is nothing faulty about the part or the design, and it's quite a simple part. Maybe he has only one leg and uses a mop which he controls with his teeth to ride the clutch until it bakes bread daily.

It is apparently, always good to do what I do. I waited for mini cooper S to be in its final year of that R53 series and it still runs amazing 0 issues. I think 2013-15 people really shouldnt have if they were money concerned. I dont think a lot of peopl on this forum are too concerned and a cool car is a cool car. Throw out bearing are pretty simple to redesign and quite cheap to make as a spare part. It is a shame that this was not tested properly.
~el~jefe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:35 PM   #44
norcalpb

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2023 Model 3
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~el~jefe~ View Post
not like anyone would ever admit it in a car forum, but he probably had some habbits that he does not recognize. There is nothing faulty about the part or the design, and it's quite a simple part. Maybe he has only one leg and uses a mop which he controls with his teeth to ride the clutch until it bakes bread daily.

It is apparently, always good to do what I do. I waited for mini cooper S to be in its final year of that R53 series and it still runs amazing 0 issues. I think 2013-15 people really shouldnt have if they were money concerned. I dont think a lot of peopl on this forum are too concerned and a cool car is a cool car. Throw out bearing are pretty simple to redesign and quite cheap to make as a spare part. It is a shame that this was not tested properly.
Honestly, I’d rather replace the clutch twice on my 13 BRZ over 6 years than buy a Mini Cooper that’d I’d sell in one year. But to each their own.
norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to norcalpb For This Useful Post:
B-R-Z (08-05-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 11:59 PM   #45
~el~jefe~
Banned

Drives: 2019 MX-5 RF
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalpb View Post
Honestly, I’d rather replace the clutch twice on my 13 BRZ over 6 years than buy a Mini Cooper that’d I’d sell in one year. But to each their own.
The paint in 11 years on the mini, kept outdoors, looked better than this in 2.4 years. People are so brainwashed by forums posts. So much of that car was more quality than this 2017 brz i own
~el~jefe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:45 AM   #46
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~el~jefe~ View Post
The paint in 11 years on the mini, kept outdoors, looked better than this in 2.4 years. People are so brainwashed by forums posts. So much of that car was more quality than this 2017 brz i own
I agree, there's some high quality carry over from the BMW parts bin on the Minis. The heat shielding and fastening of the sound deadening and plastic liners is top notch, once you figure out how it's all layered you know you can take it apart and put it back together a hundred times while the Japanese stuff is going to fall apart after the twentieth install.

There's also some really really stupid decisions that happen over there. Subaru stuff is cheap but decently reasoned with Toyota oversight on this car.

I recently caught a glimpse of the windshield washer reservoir on an F56, it has a hole in the middle for the brake ducts... Factory camber adjustment comes from replacing the whole upright/bearing carrier. This car had a bottom end engine rebuild at 12k miles. Neat cars, fun for a little bit, not high on my list to own after driving a few.

strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
~el~jefe~ (08-18-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 08:31 PM   #47
qqzj

Drives: MDX, Camry
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radroach View Post
Wheel studs. If you're doing a lot of driving you'll also be changing tires or doing other maintenance where the wheels come off. Eventually the factory wheel studs will start breaking on you. Upgrading to ARP wheel studs is a good choice, it won't guarantee they won't break but they are stronger.

I actually have stopped rotating tires entirely. DD a RWD car is much easier for tires than FWD. The front ones can rest when you go down highway and the rear ones do not suffer from twisting force. Easy life. I have gone 20k miles without rotation and the rear tread is only lower by 1/2 of 1/32nd. But the time the rear tires are gone, it is time for new tires anyway. I hate jacking up this low car. No rotation works very well for me.
qqzj is offline   Reply With Quote