follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 04-21-2016, 05:00 PM   #155
RallySport Direct

Drives: 2014 Widebody Cosworth FR-S
Thanked 1,198 Times in 554 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWookiee View Post
What rear spats are those?
We have the full Dai Yoshihara Kit on the car

Thanks,
Rick
RallySport Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:28 PM   #156
RallySport Direct

Grabbed another shot cruising with friends

Thanks,
Rick
The Following User Says Thank You to RallySport Direct For This Useful Post:
olsonpg (05-09-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #157
RallySport Direct

So I posted this on the front page of this build thread:

When we received our FR-S, we had some really big plans for it, but like some things in life it does not always go exactly how you had planned, but that is not always a bad thing. This car ended up becoming our SEMA car along with our STI, so we had to do things a bit differently that we had planned. This meant that we could not track it as often as we wanted to, nor even drive it like we wanted to. We must keep the car in good condition and free from damage, and I suppose that's okay haha, but I do feel like this car just begs to be driven. We are planning on taking the car to SEMA in 2016 and we will need to find a way to make it different and also stand out from last years car. Join us along our journey to another crazy SEMA!

But I also wanted to apologize for being so distant in updating this thread. I could say we were super busy, were rushed to install parts and a bunch of other excuses that would be mostly true, but it is still no excuse for not brining you guys details of the build along the way. So from here on out, I want to make sure you guys get proper updates on everything going on with this car.

Thanks for all of your support, we really appreciate it.

Rick
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RallySport Direct For This Useful Post:
ajaxthebetter (05-09-2016), SkAsphalt (05-09-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #158
RallySport Direct

So with that mentioned above, let's talk about what has been going on with our FR-S.

A few weeks back we took it out of the showroom and drive it to a local meet and it was awesome. It felt really good to get the car out and driving and even opened it up a few times. With the wheels and tires that are on it, it did rub just a bit at full lock, but I have identified the points it's rubbing and should easily be able to fix it without a problem.

Currently the car is back in the showroom, but I'm thinking of replacing it with our Fiesta ST, so the FR-S can finally get a bit of love. We really need to start thinking of what we can do for SEMA this year. How we are going to make the car different, and what direction we want to go with it. I toyed around with the idea of twin charging, but I think that fell on deaf ears haha. Anyway I'm hoping to get the FR-S out this week, and we will grab some media on it for a "commercial" type video we are shooting which I will post up when done, but I'm hoping we can really beat on it haha.

No pictures, no fancy new parts, just a normal update, but I felt like this was needed for some much needed transparency with our builds.

Thanks,
Rick
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RallySport Direct For This Useful Post:
olsonpg (05-09-2016), SkAsphalt (05-09-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 05:13 PM   #159
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySport Direct View Post
So with that mentioned above, let's talk about what has been going on with our FR-S.

A few weeks back we took it out of the showroom and drive it to a local meet and it was awesome. It felt really good to get the car out and driving and even opened it up a few times. With the wheels and tires that are on it, it did rub just a bit at full lock, but I have identified the points it's rubbing and should easily be able to fix it without a problem.

Currently the car is back in the showroom, but I'm thinking of replacing it with our Fiesta ST, so the FR-S can finally get a bit of love. We really need to start thinking of what we can do for SEMA this year. How we are going to make the car different, and what direction we want to go with it. I toyed around with the idea of twin charging, but I think that fell on deaf ears haha. Anyway I'm hoping to get the FR-S out this week, and we will grab some media on it for a "commercial" type video we are shooting which I will post up when done, but I'm hoping we can really beat on it haha.

No pictures, no fancy new parts, just a normal update, but I felt like this was needed for some much needed transparency with our builds.

Thanks,
Rick
I really think to make it "different" outside the visuals, twin-charging the car would be the most eye catching aspect. You have the Cosworth PD kit up top, and then possibly combine it with a low mounted turbo, maybe P-tuning or AVO? Or just rip the engine out and do an LS swap like everyone else. :p

Either way, I loved the way your car has turned out. But personally I'd rather you turn it into what it's meant for. Make it a boxer for performance, not a body builder for show. Seeing you guys push the Cosworth kit would be fantastic as a fellow owner of one.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #160
RallySport Direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
I really think to make it "different" outside the visuals, twin-charging the car would be the most eye catching aspect. You have the Cosworth PD kit up top, and then possibly combine it with a low mounted turbo, maybe P-tuning or AVO? Or just rip the engine out and do an LS swap like everyone else. :p

Either way, I loved the way your car has turned out. But personally I'd rather you turn it into what it's meant for. Make it a boxer for performance, not a body builder for show. Seeing you guys push the Cosworth kit would be fantastic as a fellow owner of one.

Yeah twin charging would be amazing and it's something I personally have always wanted to do with the Cosworth kit, everything is there... it just needs a turbo lol. HAHA an no LS! well I would actually love an LS, but I want to stick with the FA engine for sure on this car.

I was also thinking that with the limited power, why not go with a lightweight build? It's not something we have ever really done on any RallySport car, we have always focused on power, and handling, but never on removing as much weight as possible while still keeping it at least somewhat streetable.

Also, for awhile we will have to keep power where it is at, as we want someone, anyone to be able to build our exact same car with off the shelf parts and the off the shelf map that comes with the kit, but once that period ends.... oh and

Thanks!!
Rick
SkAsphalt (05-09-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #161
olsonpg

Drives: BRZ. R34 GT-T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Sometimes a feel a car reaches a complete state where any tampering can ruin the purity of the package you have. I feel your car is gorgeous and complete in my eyes and If it was my own I would have a hard time changing anything just for changes sake.

Just my .02, you guys do great work and inspired a lot of what i did with my own car.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:33 AM   #162
RallySport Direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonpg View Post
Sometimes a feel a car reaches a complete state where any tampering can ruin the purity of the package you have. I feel your car is gorgeous and complete in my eyes and If it was my own I would have a hard time changing anything just for changes sake.

Just my .02, you guys do great work and inspired a lot of what i did with my own car.
Yeah it's tough with this one, but honestly I think I can make it better without ruining the purity of it. One of the things I love most about this platform is how "pure" it feels when you're driving it, and that is the last thing I want to take away. Well let's at least hope I don't ruin an already great thing haha.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 05-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #163
RallySport Direct

We pulled the FR-S out of the showroom the other day and as we were moving it I saw this little guy underneath the car. I decided this is now the official mascot of our FR-S

Now I just need to think of a proper name for him LOL

Rick
ajaxthebetter (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 02:03 PM   #164
RallySport Direct

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxxV-zpK5vY[/ame]
Another year and another great car meet, but it did not go exactly as planned. Last year we had the meet at the RallySportDirect headquarters which was just larger enough to hold all of the attendees and cars, and this year we wanted to do the same, but ran into a problem about a week before the event was to take place. We had way too many people scheduled to come along with additional parking issues around our headquarters. We scrambled to find a new location and settled on the parking structure at Jordan Commons, a local movie theater with a 3 story parking lot. We thought everything would be perfect as we got everything finalized and re-routed to the new location, but there is that one thing you can never prepare for... The weather.

Saturday morning, we arrived at 6am to get everything unloaded and setup, it was chilly and overcast but everything was looking good. Fast forward a two hours and we started feeling some raindrops falling, the wind picking up a bit, and the ominous dark clouds lounging overhead. As the vendors were setting up their booths, the wind really started to pick up, and quickly turned some of their canopies into very large kites. We got them secured down, but then we were dealing with the constant rain and cold temps. We had people scheduled to start rolling in at 9am, and normally we expect people to arrive early, but even at 10am, the parking lot was only about half full and we were genuinely worried this meet was a bust due to the weather. It seemed as quickly as the rain came, it went away, the clouds broke, the sun poked its way through and the temps came us as the wind died down, and just like that people started rolling in faster than we could park them.

No event is complete without amazing food, music and people and it seemed like we had the perfect combination of each. Our local food truck scene is amazing and they showed up to provide the tastiest food all while our in-house DJ was playing music that kept the meet moving and entertaining. By far the best part were all the people, never before were people so willing to help out, wanting to make sure the RallySportDirect crew were not overworking themselves, and just genuinely appreciative of what we were doing and for that we were truly thankful.

Last but not least, the best aspect of any car meet... the cars! One of the most unique cars there was a Honda powered RHD original Mini. With the "bonnet" on, your only hint as to what this car is all about is the Advan A048 tires poking out of the body. The independent throttle bodies along with a full exhaust should be more than enough to take this bantam weight fighter to speed at an alarming rate.

Who does not love Rocket Bunny BRZ'? We had a few show up this year, but there is something about this one that just screams business. Maybe it's the turbo kit, or the Dai Yoshihara Canards, or perhaps the Enkei RS05RR wheels, but regardless, it's always a pleasure seeing this car in the flesh.

I have a certain softspot for Bugeye WRX's, and this one seems to hit the spot when it comes to early gen US WRX's. Voltex Aero all around, Big Rotated Mount turbo kit, OE JDM flair with the roof vent, STI carbon badges along with Bride seats to hold you secure while you pilot this beauty. There is too much to love about this car.

We love a good sleeper, and while an EVO is not exactly a sleeper in the purest sense, a stock looking EVO making over 700WHP might be just enough to surprise even the quickest cars out there. You may not realize what you are up against until the wastegate opens and that screamer pipe starts spitting flames. We like it because it's clean, well done and an absolute beast where it matters.

With older JDM cars being able to be imported we saw quite a few GTR's as well as this GTS-T which was just super clean and a prime example of the legends that Japan produced in the late 80's through the 90's. The Spirit of Japan lives on in the U.S. with guys like these bringing these cars in.

There were so many amazing cars and I would not be able to list them all here, so here are a few more pictures for your enjoyment. We hope to see you all next year!

Celica00 (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 02:44 PM   #165
Celica00

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
That looked like a really fun Meet! I live 10 minutes away and I had no idea this happened. I need to up my game on current events
Celica00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #166
RallySport Direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celica00 View Post
That looked like a really fun Meet! I live 10 minutes away and I had no idea this happened. I need to up my game on current events
HAHA I feel the same way. I always seem to see it online after the events take place.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 06-21-2016, 11:18 AM   #167
RallySport Direct

A small update. Not much has been going on with the FR-S. We have been thinking about possibly going with new coilovers on it just to try something different as well as possibly getting a bit more serious with the aero, now none of these are concrete but just some ideas we have been throwing around in the shop. We did take the FR-S up some fun canyons for a video shoot so check it out

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xL4mwDauE[/ame]

Thanks,
Rick
weederr33 (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #168
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySport Direct View Post
A small update. Not much has been going on with the FR-S. We have been thinking about possibly going with new coilovers on it just to try something different as well as possibly getting a bit more serious with the aero, now none of these are concrete but just some ideas we have been throwing around in the shop. We did take the FR-S up some fun canyons for a video shoot so check it out

Thanks,
Rick
What kind of aero? You guys have quite a bit of it lol.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote