follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 11-17-2015, 02:16 PM   #1
MuseChaser
Feeling like thinking....

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SARD back seat cover install - HELP!!!

I posted in the old SARD review/install thread, too, and have read it thoroughly along with a lot of YouTube searching, but I'm stuck and can't find the answer. Can ANYONE who's successfully install the SARD covers walk me through the attachment of the flap and sewed-on long clip on the back rest part of the back seat that gets shoved between the seat backs and the seats? I can't make any sense of it, and I'm getting very sore and sweaty... and the neighbors are becoming concerned.

Thanks...

Barry
MuseChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MuseChaser For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-17-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 02:22 PM   #2
CrazyWookiee

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hey Barry.

What you gotta do is unzip the entire rear piece, and also take out the plastic from the holes at the top - the "switches" that allow the seats to unlock and drop down.

Pretty much just start from scratch. Unhook anything/unzip everything and have the rear seat cover only DRAPING on the rear seat. Pull that flap through under and slip it into the sewed on long clip in the back FIRST. Do that FIRST before anything. THEN after start putting the plastic through the holes and zipping it up.

If you do the zipping up and putting those plastic parts through the hole, no amount of strength will help you pull it up to meet that sewed part.

I hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
I posted in the old SARD review/install thread, too, and have read it thoroughly along with a lot of YouTube searching, but I'm stuck and can't find the answer. Can ANYONE who's successfully install the SARD covers walk me through the attachment of the flap and sewed-on long clip on the back rest part of the back seat that gets shoved between the seat backs and the seats? I can't make any sense of it, and I'm getting very sore and sweaty... and the neighbors are becoming concerned.

Thanks...

Barry

"I'm the real Peter Lau" - Peter Lau
CrazyWookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #3
MuseChaser

Thank you! I'm not there yet, though. The plastic clip that's mounted to the chassis the held the grey fabric w/ flat sewn-in plastic.. am I correct in saying that it's no longer used? The black plastic clip sewed to the seat cover is now what receives the grey fabric's sewed-on flat plastic piece?

I'm gonna go snap a pic, just for clarity... BRB... and THANK YOU.

Barry
Old 11-17-2015, 02:52 PM   #4
MuseChaser

Pic of three pieces in question

OK.. my index finger is on the grey material/flat plastic piece that was clipped into the factory black clip, which is under my middle finger. My ring finger is touching the plastic clip of the seat cover. If I understand correctly, the grey fabric w/ flat plastic (index finger) is now inserted into the clip of the seat cover clip (ring finger) and the original clip is not used (middle finger).

Is that right?

Thank you again..
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #5
MuseChaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWookiee View Post
Hey Barry.

What you gotta do is unzip the entire rear piece, and also take out the plastic from the holes at the top - the "switches" that allow the seats to unlock and drop down.

Pretty much just start from scratch. Unhook anything/unzip everything and have the rear seat cover only DRAPING on the rear seat. Pull that flap through under and slip it into the sewed on long clip in the back FIRST. Do that FIRST before anything. THEN after start putting the plastic through the holes and zipping it up.

If you do the zipping up and putting those plastic parts through the hole, no amount of strength will help you pull it up to meet that sewed part.

I hope that helps.

That helped a great deal... got'er done. The back of the back seat looks great, the back seats look a little wrinkly towards the back as they do in most other folks' pics, and I've got the front seat seats done; they look great. It's gettin' dark and cold, and I've managed to bloody up my hands underneath the seats, so I'm going to knock off for the day rather than push it and get blood over everything. Tomorrow I'll finish the front seats, then I'm off for a two day road trip.

Thank you so much, Wookiee.

Best to ya,

Barry
Old 11-17-2015, 05:25 PM   #6
CrazyWookiee

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Woo hoo! I was the first person with them in North America and I think my first install took prob 10 hours. Now I can do it with my eyes closed. Glad I could help.

Quote:
That helped a great deal... got'er done. The back of the back seat looks great, the back seats look a little wrinkly towards the back as they do in most other folks' pics, and I've got the front seat seats done; they look great. It's gettin' dark and cold, and I've managed to bloody up my hands underneath the seats, so I'm going to knock off for the day rather than push it and get blood over everything. Tomorrow I'll finish the front seats, then I'm off for a two day road trip.

Thank you so much, Wookiee.

Best to ya,

Barry

"I'm the real Peter Lau" - Peter Lau
CrazyWookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 04:59 PM   #7
alphasaur
friendly

Drives: 17' 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
OK.. my index finger is on the grey material/flat plastic piece that was clipped into the factory black clip, which is under my middle finger. My ring finger is touching the plastic clip of the seat cover. If I understand correctly, the grey fabric w/ flat plastic (index finger) is now inserted into the clip of the seat cover clip (ring finger) and the original clip is not used (middle finger).

Is that right?

Thank you again..
Stuggling with this same spot right now, I got the rest of the install done in like 4 hours. Help