follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 01-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #113
woode
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to woode
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA20Club.com View Post
After you file a dispute we ONLY communicate via PayPal so that PayPal is fully aware of all the data is there for them to review. If you contact them they will easily tell you the notes that I already added to the system including the additional tracking. We gave the tracking information in the claim im not sure what happened with their notification process why you werent sent that information. Thats why i never sent you a direct email with tracking since its should have been added to the notes section in your claim.
I did contact PayPal. You uploaded ONE tracking number. ONE. That tracking number was the box with the turbo and intercooler in it.

It is constantly a new excuse with you. Let's go back to the Saturday, January 4th, when you told me over the phone TWICE that my order had already shipped and that "fedex should have sent you the tracking information". I called you out and you sounded pretty unsure and full of shit but for some reason I believed you when you said that it would all be here by Tuesday, January 7th. Turns out you didn't even start shipping until the 7th.
Then, you went back on that word and made up some BS about 7 days from payment clearing. Then you said you gave tracking information to FedEx and I should have it (i didn't, and you wouldn't give it to me directly). Then PayPal. PayPal doesn't have it (and again, you wouldn't give it to me directly).

You are constantly making up bullshit to try to cover your tracks or buy a few extra days to keep the customer happy.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that that third box due in a few days doesn't have everything. And that when it comes without something, you will say that you have another box shipping and you told me all along or some crap.
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM
woode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #114
FA20Club.com
Banned

Drives: 2013 White Out FR-S
Thanked 1,162 Times in 501 Posts
Mentioned: 323 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I can only upload 1 tracking number anyone who uses paypal already knows this. the other tracking was place on your dispute. call them and ask for "seller notes" and they will be able to tell you that. I just added it on another notification for buyer communication again.

read the guide go over your checklist when your box arrives until then feel free to send whatever comments to me via the Dispute ticket on PayPal. Other than that Im done posting in your review thread.
FA20Club.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #115
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA20Club.com View Post
I can only upload 1 tracking number anyone who uses paypal already knows this. the other tracking was place on your dispute. call them and ask for "seller notes" and they will be able to tell you that. I just added it on another notification for buyer communication again.

read the guide go over your checklist when your box arrives until then feel free to send whatever comments to me via the Dispute ticket on PayPal. Other than that Im done posting in your review thread.
I know you can only upload one tracking number, which is why I called you.. emailed you.. PMd you.. and you wouldn't give it to me. And the whole reason this was all started, and you keep dancing around this, is because you LIED and said that it was going to be here by the 7th. I NEVER HAD TRACKING AT ALL at that point. No tracking + product wasn't here when you (lied) said it was = dispute. Plain and simple.

Again, this is how you are running your business (not making tracking numbers readily available, lying about shipments), so this is your fault.

You can try all you want to flip this on me or act like you provided information - but you didn't. The only reason I even have tracking information finally is because I made a 5+ page thread and filed a dispute with PayPal.. that is pathetic.

I filed the claim when I didn't receive the product by the day you said it should have arrived. At that point, I couldn't "check tracking" because you hadn't inputted it anywhere because it hadn't even shipped! (you lied.)

Then, I finally got a tracking number.. and was told that it was everything. It wasn't. You still hadn't provided me or paypal with information on any sort of 2nd or 3rd box.

Then, I got information on a 2nd box.. it turned out to be a vent.

..I could go on, but theres no need people can just re-read thru the first post as it shows how we got to where we are now. Which is I don't have my gauge, and I have a 3rd box which has the rest of my shit - although I am willing to bet it doesn't.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #116
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
Lastly,

Set everything aside..

Can we get, for the record, that the 3rd box due in Tuesday contains the 100% rest of the shipment?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #117
slicktop

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS 2JZ-GTE/V160 swapped
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
This is epic.

2013 Scion FRS
2JZ-GTE/V160 Swap Build Thread
slicktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:33 PM   #118
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Official FA20Club Customer Service Thread

IMHO I don't think Toni is a bad guy or a crook.

I think he bit off a bit more than he could chew. I'm sure he didn't anticipate business blowing up as it did. He took on a build just as his turbo system was becoming popular.
He offered lifetime tune updates at no additional cost. He is understaffed and overwhelmed. Not to mention he depends on TR3 for a good bit. At some point there's just not enough time in the day and he reached that point.

To his credit, I don't think what's going on is in any way intentional, it's the outcome of the circumstances.

As a consumer, these can be seen as excuses. I thought I asked all the questions about lead time and was given an estimate. As those dates neared, I still hadn't received anything. Then a new estimate was received and the same situation occurred. That's when I became quite the nuisance. I wanted the items I paid for a month prior.

I ultimately received everything. There were some bolts that didn't fit anything and I had to make some trips to the hardware store. I received a turbocharger that wasn't mine which I shipped back. I received an EBC that I never paid for that I shipped back. I received a secondary pipe that didn't fit but the next day I received the correct one. There was a lot of back and forth but ultimately it all came together. I'm sure I received my entire system before some others who purchased before me.

After that experience, I became a bit wiser and thought that even though I have the lifetime tuning, based on this experience I don't want to go through the hassle so I took my business elsewhere.

There's still some things that I would like to have done by FA20Club but I doubt I will.

What's ultimately lacking is oversight and attention to detail.

I get it, Toni doesn't spend time on emails because he figures that's time that he could spend in the shop but for a lot of people, email is their official form of communication. They cannot spare the time to call people and talk, especially when all they want is an update or at the very least a reply.

More transparency and better communication would go a long way. Most people are reasonable and have no problem with waiting as long as the wait is justified.

I don't think the expectations were unreasonable but the demand certainly exceeded the supply and it doesn't help when you cannot admit your own fault and accept some shared responsibility.

Passing the blame is something reserved for children, not grown men and women.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ecko04 For This Useful Post:
feldy (01-12-2014), lexusb3 (01-11-2014), mfbmike (01-12-2014), mike_ekim1024 (01-12-2014), Ny Brz (01-12-2014), tr1x5tuh (01-11-2014)
Old 01-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #119
tr1x5tuh
The Original Super Saiyan

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
sub'd
Old 01-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #120
sierra

Drives: Skoda Yeti DSG diesel 4x4
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
He's been in touch with me and agreed to my suggestion of settlement for the faulty overpipe.
I will certainly let everyone know once this completes and feel/hope that ecko04 has it right because that should mean that given time these problems will be resolved.

Communication is a wonderful thing!
sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #121
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
If it's any consolation @woode, at least he remembered that he sent you a vent, but maybe this thread reminded him of that. I told ya.. the P3cars vents will getcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
IMHO I don't think Toni is a bad guy or a crook.
Maybe he isn't but he definitely shouldn't be running a business. Heck the guy can't even write a reply with proper spelling, punctuation and grammar.

Some of you guys should stop making up excuses for him. It's your hard earned money or in some cases your car he's messing around with.

Would you guys still let it slip if a Gen-YOLO kid at McDonalds screwed up your order? How about if you went to your dentist for a root canal.. but they worked on the wrong tooth? Same shit, inept people like this don't deserve your business.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevo_12v For This Useful Post:
Bad Habits (01-12-2014), woode (01-12-2014)
Old 01-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #122
ecko04
Seems Legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo_12v View Post

Maybe he isn't but he definitely shouldn't be running a business. Heck the guy can't even write a reply with proper spelling, punctuation and grammar.

Some of you guys should stop making up excuses for him. It's your hard earned money or in some cases your car he's messing around with.

Would you guys still let it slip if a Gen-YOLO kid at McDonalds screwed up your order? How about if you went to your dentist for a root canal.. but they worked on the wrong tooth? Same shit, inept people like this don't deserve your business.
Running a business doesn't mean you won the spelling bee. Some of the most incompetent people imaginable started businesses. It wasn't because they could spell or punctuate effectively but because they had a vision.

The difference for many of them and why their business thrives is that they surrounded themselves by many people who compensated for what they lack. That takes a great deal of reflexivity. A trait sorely missing at FA20Club.

I don't make excuses for FA20Club. Their business is their responsibility.

I manage a small area of a business. I know what it's like to have pissed off customers that didn't get the service they anticipated and things not arriving on time. The difference for me is when an employee fails to show for work, I have another 60 I can pickup the phone to call. When a service isn't to SOP, I have a service center I can send it to.

That's not the same for FA20Club. When the welder decides to not show up, there isn't another welder so things get pushed back. When the welder botches a job, there's no one else to call up. When TR3 screws up, they never get the blame because we ordered from FA20Club, not TR3. All these are faults that rest solely on the shoulders of Toni and his inability to address them.

When running a small business issues are magnified because of the lack of personnel and resources to adequately compensate.

So to say he shouldn't be running a business isn't saying much. That doesn't get at the bigger picture here. I will never say someone with a vision and a dream shouldn't go after it. Few here are saying FA20Club doesn't make a good product. What has been said is the quality control is a hit or miss, lead times are ridiculously long, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and communication is nonexistent. However, by and large when the completed product is installed, the owners tend to be happy but there's a long, tedious and needlessly time consuming road from beginning to end.

Effectively and efficiently managing your business stream and resources needs to be looked into for FA20Club. Staffing and training such that when someone fails to show the entire show doesn't get shut down should be looked into. The dependency on TR3 should be minimized and if that means building a relationship with another fabrication shop then so be it.

I won't be ordering anything from FA20Club until these issues are resolved and faith in them is restored. Their reputation has been ruined.

Toni needs to accept some responsibility for these orders and missing parts. Everyone makes mistakes and no one is above being able to apologize for them.

Last edited by ecko04; 01-12-2014 at 08:53 AM.
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ecko04 For This Useful Post:
mfbmike (01-12-2014), nemes (01-12-2014), woode (01-12-2014)
Old 01-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #123
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
Quote:
If it's any consolation @woode, at least he remembered that he sent you a vent, but maybe this thread reminded him of that. I told ya.. the P3cars vents will getcha!

Exactly.

I get that he knows his shit when it comes to working on cars.. he does make some knowledgeable and helpful posts. But when it comes to me giving him $5000 and being lied to repeatedly about the status of it.. no.
I guarantee if any of you guys opened a box that was a week late and supposed to contain the rest of a turbo kit and it had a $10 vent instead - you would flip shit.

The posts indicating that he got too big too fast is probably accurate, but that doesn't excuse the completely unacceptable behavior he is displaying as a business.
He would be much better off being honest, updating statuses along the way. If I had been told that they were backed up, expect a 2 week delay, received updates, then given accurate tracking numbers - none of this would be a problem. But instead I was repeatedly LIED to, which is insulting, and given false promises. Why on earth, after I was lied to, would I still think that I will get my product and that there is no need to file a claim?

Tuesday should be interesting.. I will be sure to update this thread as to if the box contains everything. I actually think I might get the box Monday because I requested it be held for pickup at a FedEx office.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #124
stevo_12v

Garage
Quote:
Running a business doesn't mean you won the spelling bee. Some of the most incompetent people imaginable started businesses. It wasn't because they could spell or punctuate effectively but because they had a vision.

The difference for many of them and why their business thrives is that they surrounded themselves by many people who compensated for what they lack. That takes a great deal of reflexivity.

I don't make excuses for FA20 because I manage a small area of a business. I know what it's like to have pissed off customers that didn't get the service they anticipated and things not arriving on time. The difference for me is when an employee fails to show for work, I have another 60 I can pickup the phone to call.

When a service isn't to SOP, I have a service center I can send it to. That's not the same for FA20Club. When the welder decides to not show up, there isn't another welder so things get pushed back. When the welder botches a job, there's no one else to call up. When TR3 screws up, they never get the blame because we ordered from FA20Club, not TR3.

When running a small business issues are magnified because of the lack of personnel and resources to adequately compensate.

So to say he shouldn't be running a business isn't saying much. That doesn't get at the bigger picture here. I will never say someone with a vision and a dream shouldn't go after it.

However, effectively and efficiently managing your business stream and resources needs to be looked into for FA20Club. Staffing and training such that when someone fails to show the entire show doesn't get shut down should be looked into. The dependency on TR3 should be minimized and if that means building a relationship with another fabrication shop then so be it.

I won't be ordering anything from FA20Club until these issues are resolved and faith in them is restored. Their reputation has been ruined.

Toni needs to accept some responsibility for these orders and missing parts. Everyone makes mistakes and no one is above being able to apologize for them.
'Everyone makes mistakes', but to do it with several other customers??
And from what they have said.. he has 'lied' to them?

I should have rephrased it. "maybe he isn't fit to run a business".

Quote:
When a service isn't to SOP, I have a service center I can send it to. That's not the same for FA20Club. When the welder decides to not show up, there isn't another welder so things get pushed back. When the welder botches a job, there's no one else to call up. When TR3 screws up, they never get the blame because we ordered from FA20Club, not TR3.

That's NONE of the customers problem, its the vendors problem for failing to deliver the product or service.

Quote:
I don't make excuses for FA20 because I manage a small area of a business.
There's a totally different scope between 'managing/delegating' a small area of a business than it is to actually own and run a business. Kinda like somebody having to babysit a child vs being a mother to a child..in a manner of speaking of course.

Toni obviously hasn't addressed his growing pains with his runaway-success.. which it obviously is. His customers(current and potential) will no doubt be running away from FA20Club after all these first hand reviews.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #125
stevo_12v

Garage
(I don't like editing forum comments - habit of mine)

That's NONE of the customers problem, its the vendors problem for failing to deliver the product or service.. within a reasonable amount of time or supplying complete and unadulterated products.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #126
ecko04
Seems Legit

Quote:
'Everyone makes mistakes', but to do it with several other customers??

And from what they have said.. he has 'lied' to them?

I should have rephrased it. "maybe he isn't fit to run a business".

That's NONE of the customers problem, its the vendors problem for failing to deliver the product or service.

There's a totally different scope between 'managing/delegating' a small area of a business than it is to actually own and run a business. Kinda like somebody having to babysit a child vs being a mother to a child..in a manner of speaking of course.

Toni obviously hasn't addressed his growing pains with his runaway-success.. which it obviously is. His customers(current and potential) will no doubt be running away from FA20Club after all these first hand reviews.
Did you happen to read my review of them at all?

I received the same false statements. I received @Ny Brz turbo for goodness sake and probably his secondary pipe and EBC. These type of mishaps shouldn't be "par for the course".

I never said anything was the customer's fault. Please read the post before replying. I stated the issues fall solely on Toni. The customer is simply going by what they were told, as all of us did.

I don't know what business you've owned or managed or in what industry if you're using that type of analogy to equate it but I digress.

Tags
droppingtheballtoni, fab-worx/rda limited, fckuporderagaintoni, fixitagaintoni, no fire yet, shutup&shipmyturbo, toniscustomerservicesucks