follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 05-29-2016, 11:50 PM   #10011
illmatic_frs

Drives: n/a
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qitorr View Post
@fenton I think the last posting of the kit order list was half a year ago. Is there any way we could get an update on the list order or what production amounts are looking like these days? Thanks.
This

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
illmatic_frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:30 PM   #10012
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qitorr View Post
@fenton I think the last posting of the kit order list was half a year ago. Is there any way we could get an update on the list order or what production amounts are looking like these days? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAWL View Post
Updates for RHD application?
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic_frs View Post
This

Rob recently had some failures in the motor's that were delivered(during testing). He is working on making sure that everything is 100% before any kits go to customers. The last thing he wants is to ship someone a kit and them have problems.

As it stands we don't know when the next kits will go out but as soon as I do I will update you all with the list.

To the RHD guys, there are no current plans to offer a RHD kit. The RHD kits that did get out were modified, some with success and some with issues.

To the international LHD guys, there are no current plans to start shipping kits to Europe and beyond, sorry. I know some say they don't care about the shipping cost and whatnot but the fact is if there are issues it is a huge headache to ship things back and forth. When that happens everyone loses.

I should have more updates in the month to come. Everyone will be happy with the updates that have been implemented both for reliability of the controller and performance!

Cheers everyone,
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
Blu-by-U (06-02-2016), DAEMANO (06-01-2016), Flow (06-02-2016), Gums (06-01-2016), illmatic_frs (06-01-2016), keen as (06-02-2016), qitorr (06-02-2016), raven1231 (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #10013
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
Rob recently had some failures in the motor's that were delivered(during testing). He is working on making sure that everything is 100% before any kits go to customers. The last thing he wants is to ship someone a kit and them have problems.

As it stands we don't know when the next kits will go out but as soon as I do I will update you all with the list.

To the RHD guys, there are no current plans to offer a RHD kit. The RHD kits that did get out were modified, some with success and some with issues.

To the international LHD guys, there are no current plans to start shipping kits to Europe and beyond, sorry. I know some say they don't care about the shipping cost and whatnot but the fact is if there are issues it is a huge headache to ship things back and forth. When that happens everyone loses.

I should have more updates in the month to come. Everyone will be happy with the updates that have been implemented both for reliability of the controller and performance!

Cheers everyone,
dammm still long wait
I waited almost 1.5 years for mine and worth it.
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:28 PM   #10014
pancake

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Cheers everyone,
Could you post the current list as it stands?
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:42 PM   #10015
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

Cheers everyone,
Well except for RHD folks ha ha
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:07 PM   #10016
fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
Could you post the current list as it stands?
Im not certain if there are any International or LHD in this list though, i think no for the most part.

dpgfunk
Brady68usa
Deslock
phrosty
Caspian
ShadowTS
mglasgow
jtree
JimmyMac
buckseventysix
iConformed
R3NIK
Joshwahhhs
ImBatman
Andrew025
onetime4
tyrantcf
propulsion1
BillyStrato
shellslinger
R2
NAISU86
Wolfdogelite
stevo585
Yoda
SilverFRS
Njmarkc
Cop
isnotmyfault
blackforge
Aussie
Dustin2Jz
LucidMomentum
Trunksse
Studer21
cdq85
Talus1
silverbullet
m111
Phantobe
Saturn10
qitorr
btoast
soon...
Ingen
jflBRZ
P5yk0t1c
dlux
Gutterboy
triethyl
xsnapshot
Motoarge
Siby_86
Windex73
Infidel86
xuimod
Tectoniic
BBDGriptonia
swarb
Huge
kid_wh
Cypher009
focobrz
dreamwonder
apaull
ajcarson11
BRZ Fanboi
iJeff
can't stop spinning
Psnguyen
F3RGY68
Lrk322
Lord09
FatFree
mythhelios
Mrrksturr
svuong
SuperJimmyK
Aztec
Fever
Norkoastal
MugenReplica
RamCro
chezzy79
Kpage
gmanvilla1
Flow
jackblack21
illmatic_frs
kritch
huhuei2008
soulreapersteve
Johnrad
Bluehwy
danielwarren1
shadowhntr
immaculate
BirdTRD
SLC BRZ
Abe1120
Quasar Kid
klear
a3l3e9x4
dgoodhue
AtomAnt
Cole
nnyath
Randomfool
sLoPy
The Following User Says Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 03:25 PM   #10017
Silent_Dan

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
What happens to me. I'm still interested in this and I'm off the list.

Quote:
Im not certain if there are any International or LHD in this list though, i think no for the most part.

dpgfunk
Brady68usa
Deslock
phrosty
Caspian
ShadowTS
mglasgow
jtree
JimmyMac
buckseventysix
iConformed
R3NIK
Joshwahhhs
ImBatman
Andrew025
onetime4
tyrantcf
propulsion1
BillyStrato
shellslinger
R2
NAISU86
Wolfdogelite
stevo585
Yoda
SilverFRS
Njmarkc
Cop
isnotmyfault
blackforge
Aussie
Dustin2Jz
LucidMomentum
Trunksse
Studer21
cdq85
Talus1
silverbullet
m111
Phantobe
Saturn10
qitorr
btoast
soon...
Ingen
jflBRZ
P5yk0t1c
dlux
Gutterboy
triethyl
xsnapshot
Motoarge
Siby_86
Windex73
Infidel86
xuimod
Tectoniic
BBDGriptonia
swarb
Huge
kid_wh
Cypher009
focobrz
dreamwonder
apaull
ajcarson11
BRZ Fanboi
iJeff
can't stop spinning
Psnguyen
F3RGY68
Lrk322
Lord09
FatFree
mythhelios
Mrrksturr
svuong
SuperJimmyK
Aztec
Fever
Norkoastal
MugenReplica
RamCro
chezzy79
Kpage
gmanvilla1
Flow
jackblack21
illmatic_frs
kritch
huhuei2008
soulreapersteve
Johnrad
Bluehwy
danielwarren1
shadowhntr
immaculate
BirdTRD
SLC BRZ
Abe1120
Quasar Kid
klear
a3l3e9x4
dgoodhue
AtomAnt
Cole
nnyath
Randomfool
sLoPy
Silent_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Silent_Dan For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 04:39 PM   #10018
xsnapshot
Fast enough

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ AT
Wow that's crazy. I got on the list almost a year and a half ago, and my name is still probably another year out. BTW I did ask my name be taken off as I moved on to a JRSC.
xsnapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xsnapshot For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 04:54 PM   #10019
illmatic_frs

Drives: n/a
Man. 110+ people standing in line saying Take my Money!... and that's just twin owners.

This is easily a multi million dollar company, but it looks like a mystery person is insisting on turning them out, by hand, 1 at a time. Am I missing something.. it's quite frustrating to watch this happen

Shark Tank 101: patent the tech, hire some employees, design a production line and mass produce this thing. Then license the tech to car manufacturers. If you don't known how to do the above then get a partner! Sharing half of a million is better than having a few thousand to yourself. Retire early and devote your life to philanthropy!

illmatic_frs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to illmatic_frs For This Useful Post:
ajcarson11 (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 07:55 PM   #10020
Talus1

Drives: '06 Cayman, ‘23 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
...Studer21
cdq85
Talus1
silverbullet
m111...
Well, @silverbullet will be happy to know he's moving up the list by one. My BRZ goes back to the dealer at the end of my lease in August.
raven1231 (06-03-2016), silverbullet (06-08-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 08:10 AM   #10021
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Damn
I think it's about time for Rob to close the machine shop and build these superchargers full time. And hire some help. I'm available. Outsource some work to me.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:39 AM   #10022
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
holy shit!! i feel lucky i got mine last year
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zc06_kisstherain For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (06-03-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 07:12 PM   #10023
fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic_frs View Post
Man. 110+ people standing in line saying Take my Money!... and that's just twin owners.

This is easily a multi million dollar company, but it looks like a mystery person is insisting on turning them out, by hand, 1 at a time. Am I missing something.. it's quite frustrating to watch this happen

Shark Tank 101: patent the tech, hire some employees, design a production line and mass produce this thing. Then license the tech to car manufacturers. If you don't known how to do the above then get a partner! Sharing half of a million is better than having a few thousand to yourself. Retire early and devote your life to philanthropy!

It's obviously not that easy, no one else has ever successfully mass produced an electric supercharger that works. This is not Black&Decker here. There is huge power being consumed and many things to go wrong at a moment's notice if something bad happens.

This is a neiche market, mass car companies do not want to deploy this system, they will pay to develop the already proven technology.

That's not to say that this isnt cool stuff we are working on. It's a perfect answer for some people, modest amount of power at a modest price.

As soon as you start adding more power or asking for crazy reliability the cost equation shifts. Once you start getting close to the price of full time FI the game is over.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (06-06-2016), raven1231 (06-07-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 01:56 AM   #10024
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
fenton: but often big volumes (if it makes into some from production cars) have potential of halving price. I still see big potential and many problems solved in ESC, once it gets accompanied with exhaust energy recuperating with electric turbo generator and imho only thing that really keeps from already seeing it used widely - inertia of carmakers.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive