follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Site Announcements / Questions / Issues

User Tag List

Old 07-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #43
Mitch
form follows function

Drives: RIP '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkittrell View Post
IMO it doesn't save any time . I would want to know the exact price I would be paying so I would be pm any product I would be interested in anyway because I know map pricin isn't what I would be paying
Yeah, but you know you're not going to be paying 1/2 of MAP. I don't want to have to waste my time inquiring for parts just to find out that they cost twice what I'm looking to spend just because of the JDM tax. Oh, you can shave $100 off of a $1400 exhaust? Good for you, but you could have saved me the hassle if you'd just said from the get-go that it was over $1000.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitch For This Useful Post:
Fascist Fish (07-03-2012), |-Goku-| (07-01-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #44
Fascist Fish

Drives: Sold: 13 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Exactly what Mitch said. If I wanted to get an exact price, I would even go through the hassle of calling and talking to someone, but few of these dealers ehre even list phone numbers to call for a timely response.
Fascist Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:10 AM   #45
|-Goku-|

Drives: 2011 Civic Si
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Yeah, but you know you're not going to be paying 1/2 of MAP. I don't want to have to waste my time inquiring for parts just to find out that they cost twice what I'm looking to spend just because of the JDM tax. Oh, you can shave $100 off of a $1400 exhaust? Good for you, but you could have saved me the hassle if you'd just said from the get-go that it was over $1000.
Exactly. Plus you have to wait for a response. Then when it comes back 6-12 hours later with a price that was out of my price range. I could have just bought something else and had it shipped sooner.
|-Goku-| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #46
Mitch
form follows function

Drives: RIP '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by |-Goku-| View Post
Exactly. Plus you have to wait for a response. Then when it comes back 6-12 hours later with a price that was out of my price range. I could have just bought something else and had it shipped sooner.
Normally that delay isn't that big of a deal, but it does make the process more frustrating. The few vendors I've PMed directly have been nothing but courteous and professional. It's just the process itself that is annoying and broken.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #47
SkullWorks
Banned

Drives: SSM LT MT BRZ
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
whining, lazy, knee-jerking cheapskates....

I can't believe people are whining about vendors trying to undercut their own profit margins.

does no-one realize how much more time it takes to respond to 1000 PMs than it takes for you to write (1) one. if your time is so incredibly valuable, that waiting for a PM or even writing it is putting you out, then you might as well just start sorting your shopping results by price:highest first.

and if you aren't capable of finding a ballpark price for a product that has a MAP pricing schedule...you aren't trying or are lazy (see above)

if 6-12 hours is gonna break your schedule, and you'd rather not save money if possible you are a knee-jerk buyer or a POS shopper. ohhhh looky it's shiny i gotta have one now now now.......then how long does it sit before you get to install it???? more than 6-12 hrs I bet.

there are customers and businesses out there for everyone, but watching people with no business sense, or etiquette trying to tell vendors how wrong they are doing it.....well it's just priceless, well obviously there's a price, (but you'll have to PM because it is too low to advertise)

Have any of you seen what happened to the 240sx scene when everyone just got cheap and started whining about anything that was more expensive than megan/China???.....now that's basically what is left to choose from, if a customer base proves to be a bunch of cheapskates, large companies quit investing in that market segment.

don't believe me? there are lots of Hyundai GC's sitting in moth balls because the "scene" proved too....how do i say...fiscally unblessed...

so keep it up, can't wait
SkullWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #48
Fascist Fish

Drives: Sold: 13 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
the 240sx scene is dead....big shocker here....because the car is dead and was never fully bought to the states.

and the hyundai gc's are moth balled because they suck. the car was to heavy and the suspension blew for the market it was going after.

there are dealers here selling parts that don't have MAPs out there because they are new to market. so how do you expect us to get the price on those?

how is it being a cheapskate to know if your exhaust is $1500 or $3500? those are kinda different ranges.

how do we have no business sense or etiquette when they are the ones "hiding" there prices. have you ever gone into a store and not had prices listed? when you go to buy your groceries, do they all have signs that say "ask clerk for final price" or are the prices clearly marked on the product? thats the sign of a legitimate business, up front prices, not this ask me about the price bs. those business don't stay around long, anything established will tell you in advance at least a ballpark price. they know its not worth there time to respond to a ton of emails and pms. and if they can't see that, they will go out of business soon because they can't manage there employees time well.

no one is whining about them undercutting there margins. if they want to do that, thats there call. we just want quality vendors who can be partially upfront about pricing. I personally will spend more money on 2 thing, a quality product or a vendor I have a good re pore with and I want to see succeed.
Fascist Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #49
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Whenever I see "PM FOR PRICE" I feel like I'm in some sort of fleamarket on the outskirts of town. Or some guy selling out of his basement.

When I have to ask for a price I feel like I'm being swindled, because the seller has the freedom to really charge me whatever he wants at that point. They can start off high and if I say no then they drop it a little bit, they start bargaining, and bargaining is the single most evil thing out there.

I want to know a price so that I know that I'm paying what every one else is paying.

If you need to undercut your provider without telling them then maybe your business model is shitty or maybe you're in a diluted market and instead of pulling out and doing something else you stick to your guns and hope that people who PM you buy your shit for 5 dollars less than the other guy.

NO

I don't want to deal with a sales person. I want to see a fair price and then I will decide whether I will pay for it or not.
AJUSA.com (07-23-2012), |-Goku-| (07-21-2012)