follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 08-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
edocura

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to edocura
Aftermarket options for fixing up rear fender body

Someone decided to scratch the shit out of my rear right fender the other day. To fix it they'd have to sand/paint it, maybe even fill in some damage to the metal itself (I'm really hoping not though).

I'm in the process of getting an estimate for the repair work, but I'm wondering if there are any other alternatives?

As an example, I saw that Seibon makes some CF pieces... maybe I could look into doing that instead (if they make the rear fender section) of fixing the body work. I think the car would look like ass if I just do one side , so it'd have to have both sides match with some kind of vynil or something... I think that particular idea would probably look like crap imo, but it's a option I guess.

I'm thinking I'll just end up forking out the money to get it fixed properly, but just grasping at straws here in case there's something cheaper / cool I could do. Any thoughts on what my aftermarket options are here?

(I really don't want wide fenders, not my thing at all. Basically going for stock body look).
edocura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
kodyo

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Think this has been posted before, may help:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...y-scratch.html
kodyo is offline   Reply With Quote