follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Subaru BRZ > Subaru BRZ General Forum

Subaru BRZ General Forum All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2018, 05:18 PM   #15
Leonardo
Row Row Row Your Boat!
 
Leonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 13' FR-S, 07' MDX, 06' Ridgeline,
Location: EUGENE
Posts: 3,680
Thanks: 4,006
Thanked 3,204 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
[QUOTE=Sapphireho;3144632]via Imgflip Meme GeneratorQUOTE]




FIFY
__________________
<img src=https://www.ft86club.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2239&pictureid=11508 border=0 alt= />


Life is but a Dream!
Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leonardo For This Useful Post:
Adam_L (10-15-2018), Sapphireho (10-15-2018), Spuds (10-16-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #16
Adam_L
Senior Member
 
Adam_L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: '16 FR-S RS2 MT, '06 xA Polar MT
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 453
Thanks: 725
Thanked 86 Times in 65 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
Yes but you can gut the cat on your stock header and get 90% of the power. That puts you in the power range of cheap headers at no cost. That makes a cheap header the most expensive.
Not in all states. CA requires at cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWhelan View Post
That depends on how strict the inspection is. Are they doing a visual and using a sniffer? You might pass that if they don't care look under at the header. In California they just hook you up to OBDII and run your monitors. If they all run and no faults or codes show up, you're good. If you have a header and a tune that eliminates the codes, you should be ok.
**the key word you used is "If".
__________________
Math is like Love, simple idea at first that quickly gets complicated
Adam_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:11 PM   #17
norcalpb
Senior Member
 
norcalpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: '13 DGM BRZ Limted
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 933
Thanks: 154
Thanked 212 Times in 160 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you have a heatshield for the K&N cone filter? Or is it sitting front and center of the engine bay? I'm afraid you may have concocted yourself a hot air intake.

The fuel pump you bought is unnecessary as others have stated. This can however be a nice setup if you decide to but a smog legal forced induction kit on.

As for mods, I would recommend Subaru underbody panels for less drag on the car if adding more power will void smog, and a steering rack brace of your choice. New shocks would be nice too. I have the Bilstein B6. Leagues better than the stock 13 suspension.
norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to norcalpb For This Useful Post:
Adam_L (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 10:47 PM   #18
Adam_L
Senior Member
 
Adam_L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: '16 FR-S RS2 MT, '06 xA Polar MT
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 453
Thanks: 725
Thanked 86 Times in 65 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalpb View Post

As for mods, I would recommend Subaru underbody panels for less drag on the car if adding more power will void smog, and a steering rack brace of your choice.
On the steering rack brace, is that mainly if you auto-x your car ? Will a DD benefit any ?
__________________
Math is like Love, simple idea at first that quickly gets complicated
Adam_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:03 PM   #19
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,546
Thanks: 537
Thanked 672 Times in 453 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just installed the whiteline rear subframe bushings and I feel those would fit right in with the rest of your mods.
__________________
Instagram: @gt86wes
StraightOuttaCanadaEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:26 AM   #20
norcalpb
Senior Member
 
norcalpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: '13 DGM BRZ Limted
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 933
Thanks: 154
Thanked 212 Times in 160 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_L View Post
On the steering rack brace, is that mainly if you auto-x your car ? Will a DD benefit any ?
No itís for all kinds of driving. I personally love them just cruising around town.
norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #21
jeconti
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Drives: '13 BRZ Limited
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalpb View Post
Do you have a heatshield for the K&N cone filter? Or is it sitting front and center of the engine bay? I'm afraid you may have concocted yourself a hot air intake.

The fuel pump you bought is unnecessary as others have stated. This can however be a nice setup if you decide to but a smog legal forced induction kit on.

As for mods, I would recommend Subaru underbody panels for less drag on the car if adding more power will void smog, and a steering rack brace of your choice. New shocks would be nice too. I have the Bilstein B6. Leagues better than the stock 13 suspension.
I do have the heat shield for that intake.

Also, I don't live in CA, I live in RI, and I know from printed law and from seeing a sensor go in my exhaust they test. No laws specific about cats. Knowing that, think I'd still pass?
jeconti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:05 PM   #22
norcalpb
Senior Member
 
norcalpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: '13 DGM BRZ Limted
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 933
Thanks: 154
Thanked 212 Times in 160 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeconti View Post
I do have the heat shield for that intake.

Also, I don't live in CA, I live in RI, and I know from printed law and from seeing a sensor go in my exhaust they test. No laws specific about cats. Knowing that, think I'd still pass?
If they put a sniffer in your exhaust itís probably measuring for carbon monoxide, which I believe would cause a fail but Iím not 100%.
norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
mods, performance

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.