follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
ACE Headers
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2018, 07:52 AM   #15
edwardl
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Drives: 2018 BRZ
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 50
Thanks: 1
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Good to hear all these wonderful horror stories lol. The reason I ask is because my friend has tried to cancel and xm literally told him they can't do that, only put his account on hold so they can bother him a few months down the line. So until the end of time he will receive occasional calls from xm. And you can't just block numbers anymore because they'll just call you from another one.
edwardl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #16
arkanist
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited, Stock
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 176
Thanks: 113
Thanked 89 Times in 63 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardl View Post
Good to hear all these wonderful horror stories lol. The reason I ask is because my friend has tried to cancel and xm literally told him they can't do that, only put his account on hold so they can bother him a few months down the line. So until the end of time he will receive occasional calls from xm. And you can't just block numbers anymore because they'll just call you from another one.
First thing I would do is report the card you used to pay lost / stolen. They will send you a new one with a new expiration date / code. I don't know if they are storing your info but it is probably better safe than sorry.

After that any time they call don't let them even start their pitch. The moment you know it is Sirius cut them off and tell them to put you on their do not call list and that you will be reporting any future attempts to contact you will be reported to the FCC. They will need to read some legal shit and confirm which numbers are not to be contacted. It might help to tell them you are recording the call (even if you aren't) so that they believe you actually have evidence that you should be on the do not call list.

Also you can try this, not sure if they actually care about it though -
Go to siriusxm.com / Manage My Account / Login or Register

Click on the My Account Info tab, then the Communication Preferences tab, then under "Phone" choose "Do Not Call
arkanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:50 PM   #17
Pedro13
Member
 
Pedro13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Drives: Toyota 86
Location: KW, Canada
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No really sure what is the hassle on this SiriusXM subscription issue. At least here in Canada honestly they have a very decent costumer service. Wherever you want to do: activate, cancel add internet radio they do with no problem. They ask if you want to take advantage of some offer? yes, but as simple as you say "no" that's enough.


I like to clarify that I don't work for SiriusXM by any means, but I have been subscribed to this service since start in Canada (back then known as a Sirius only) back in 2005 in all the cars that I have it on all this time...I'm older than most of you guys, so I like enjoy some hard rock from 70's, 80's and begin of 90's so satellite radio is a really good option for me.


I always have use this "aftermarket" receivers that you can install on the vehicle, but my point is that in all this years I never have any "terror story" to tell... Maybe I just get lucky.
Pedro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:19 PM   #18
arkanist
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited, Stock
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 176
Thanks: 113
Thanked 89 Times in 63 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro13 View Post
No really sure what is the hassle on this SiriusXM subscription issue. At least here in Canada honestly they have a very decent costumer service. Wherever you want to do: activate, cancel add internet radio they do with no problem. They ask if you want to take advantage of some offer? yes, but as simple as you say "no" that's enough.


I like to clarify that I don't work for SiriusXM by any means, but I have been subscribed to this service since start in Canada (back then known as a Sirius only) back in 2005 in all the cars that I have it on all this time...I'm older than most of you guys, so I like enjoy some hard rock from 70's, 80's and begin of 90's so satellite radio is a really good option for me.


I always have use this "aftermarket" receivers that you can install on the vehicle, but my point is that in all this years I never have any "terror story" to tell... Maybe I just get lucky.
I don't think you understand what everyone's issues are. Of course you haven't had any issues, you have been using it since 2005. Why would they harass a paying customer with sales calls? They aren't calling you 3x a day at work regardless of how many times you tell them to take your name and number off their list. It sounds like you didn't get lucky, you just pay them.

They are a horrible company to deal with, that doesn't mean their product is horrible though.
arkanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:53 PM   #19
no1
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Drives: BRZ 18
Location: So Cal
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The whole idea of SiriusXM is stupid and StarLink is the worst POS I've ever had on any car in my life.


It's like when PC's got taken over by Windows and Intel, and they started installing all this sh*t on them like anti-virus and AOL. That ruined computers, and this ruined my BRZ. The reason the UI is so sluggish and bad is because they just want a vector to get paid by SiriusXM to sell their customers as installs/contacts. That is the *only* business requirement, and it's met, so they never bother to make it work well for the consumer; user-satisfaction is totally off their RADAR.



It's the only thing I have against this otherwise wonderful car. Even just driving at night, there's an unstoppable blue glow to totally interfere with my driving experience.


I will remove this thing and sell it to some poor idiot on ebay, but I'd so much rather take a crowbar to it. Even better, I'd like to find the Subaru exec who set this deal up, and bash his head into until it's broken and he's unconscious. That would be the best of both worlds.
no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:57 PM   #20
g e
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: Somewhere in The States
Posts: 212
Thanks: 118
Thanked 109 Times in 75 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Don’t think I have ever received a call from them but quite a few love letters.

Pops let his trial expire and after a year they came up with an offer he couldn’t refuse. So they reactivated.

Today I received a call back from a lady that represented an organization about Breast Cancer awareness and research. A Follow up to a conversation we had a few weeks ago. I’d agreed to send them a few bucks. It’s close to us because my wife lost her mother to it.

But I did some research and learned it was associated with a Super PAC and virtually no money was going to research or even to educate our fine politicians in Washington. No, it was going to a couple of companies in Florida.

So the call went something like this, immediately after her intro:

Me:” Oh yes, I remember our call and thank you for following up. There is no way in hell I will send you any money. I’d did some research on your organization and learned it is nothing more than a Super PAC. You aren’t funding research or even political education. All the money appears to be going to some asshole in Florida who is running a couple of marketing schemes.

“You should do some research and learn who you are working for. And then you should be ashamed”

And with that I hung up the phone.

And I make my living by the phone. IT services for Fortune 500 companies.
g e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:28 PM   #21
FRSBRZGT86FAN
Senior Member
 
FRSBRZGT86FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: 2015 FR-S AT, 2019 CX-5
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,009
Thanks: 2,944
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkanist View Post
I don't think you understand what everyone's issues are. Of course you haven't had any issues, you have been using it since 2005. Why would they harass a paying customer with sales calls? They aren't calling you 3x a day at work regardless of how many times you tell them to take your name and number off their list. It sounds like you didn't get lucky, you just pay them.

They are a horrible company to deal with, that doesn't mean their product is horrible though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1 View Post
The whole idea of SiriusXM is stupid and StarLink is the worst POS I've ever had on any car in my life.


It's like when PC's got taken over by Windows and Intel, and they started installing all this sh*t on them like anti-virus and AOL. That ruined computers, and this ruined my BRZ. The reason the UI is so sluggish and bad is because they just want a vector to get paid by SiriusXM to sell their customers as installs/contacts. That is the *only* business requirement, and it's met, so they never bother to make it work well for the consumer; user-satisfaction is totally off their RADAR.



It's the only thing I have against this otherwise wonderful car. Even just driving at night, there's an unstoppable blue glow to totally interfere with my driving experience.


I will remove this thing and sell it to some poor idiot on ebay, but I'd so much rather take a crowbar to it. Even better, I'd like to find the Subaru exec who set this deal up, and bash his head into until it's broken and he's unconscious. That would be the best of both worlds.

I've gotta say with the advent of android auto and apple carplay I think sirius is dieing, traffic can be done through waze and google maps and most radio stations have an internet radio version that can be access from an app and played through bluetooth while running AA.

I've got a head unit with android auto in my new cx-5 and I bought a sony head unit for my FR-S and by far using android auto has been the best user experience ever. Would never buy a sirius XM product or subscription at this point because other products simply surpass it for cheaper.
__________________
OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 BRZ Magellan Starlink GPS Oxyg3n Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment 17 01-25-2017 01:49 PM
2017 BRZ Starlink questions Maps316 Subaru BRZ General Forum 3 10-16-2016 01:15 AM
Subaru STARLINK HyperThread p1l0t DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides 56 08-30-2016 03:36 PM
Starlink and Navigation SPCorBUST Subaru BRZ General Forum 8 01-18-2016 03:47 AM
313HP per liter, super charged and turbo charged (C-X75) rice_classic Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 13 07-02-2013 11:55 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.