follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Subaru BRZ > Subaru BRZ General Forum

Subaru BRZ General Forum All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 09-24-2018, 09:57 PM   #43
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,155 Times in 784 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
get some piece of wood from home depot and lay it in the ditch....

my friend been getting that free wood from home depot so he can jack his car up & stuff.

Key is ask for something smaller then 4x6. lol.......
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:21 AM   #44
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
The moment about the rear axle has to be 0. Sum the force vectors on both sides, the remainder is supported by the front axel as an upwards force.

By decreasing the weight behind the rear axle you reduce that part of the force vector sum. Meaning the front actually has a greater force on it, since the moment around the rear axel must still be 0.

Greater force on the front, more spring compression.
Just no. Less force on the front. Your are overcomplicating the reality of the situation. The entire suspension supports the entire vehicle. You simply cannot separate the front and the rear of the car and assume they do not interact with each other. I removed everything behind the front seats, believe me it lifted the entire vehicle.

We are not talking about lifting the car inches, just fractions. Usually that is all that is needed to not scrape on most surfaces.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:36 AM   #45
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 1,533 Times in 980 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
Just no. Less force on the front. Your are overcomplicating the reality of the situation. The entire suspension supports the entire vehicle. You simply cannot separate the front and the rear of the car and assume they do not interact with each other. I removed everything behind the front seats, believe me it lifted the entire vehicle.

We are not talking about lifting the car inches, just fractions. Usually that is all that is needed to not scrape on most surfaces.
I am not over-complicating anything. Just using basic statics to explain why, when you remove weight from behind the rear axle, the front axle has to support more weight. Not much more, but more nonetheless.

Any weight removed from between the axles will raise the entire car.

Here's an experiment you can run. Take a 12 inch ruler, support it at 3 and 9 with pencils. Add coins to one end. Eventually the ruler will tip if you keep adding coins right? That means the opposite pencil is no longer supporting any weight. Reverse that finding and as you remove weight (coins) from one end, the opposite pencil is supporting more weight, even though the overall weight of the ruler is less. If your results differ, please let me and the world's science community know.
Spuds is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Tristor (10-07-2018)
Old 09-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #46
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
Just stick on the rally springs/shocks for now and get the rest of the rally kit later.
I don't need the body kit stuff, actually think it's kind of ugly but, springs, shocks, wheels/tires and some driveline modifications so it doesn't tear itself up are the plan. I love ripping around with this car on dirt roads and at this point without an infrastructure rebuilding plan the regular roads around the northeast are hammered and just going to get worse so it would be fun to be able to just roll without worry.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #47
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Hahahaha
Old 10-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #48
Last Lemming Alive

Drives: WRB 2017 BRZ Limited w/ PP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkanist View Post
You could always get a cheap lip kit like the baysonR sti lip. It's under $100 and will keep your bumper protected. Otherwise you are gonna want to hit it at an angle like everyone else is saying.
+1. Thatís what I do. But I use the STI lip due to its strength/flexibility.
Last Lemming Alive is offline   Reply With Quote