follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-25-2016, 12:39 PM   #15
Kimsey47

Drives: 2016 STI DGM
Thanked 1,460 Times in 662 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To the OP I agree with those that say drive the car as it is for a while and see what you want to improve. You may find you like it the way it is!
Old 04-25-2016, 12:48 PM   #16
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by khantran04 View Post
Maybe you need to read a bit more careful and look where I am.

when I said intake exhaust etc I also include "minor" meaning very small..

I use short words because I don't want to type it all bc I trust the OP to understand or he can look it up its not hard. if you don't know these short words look it up or stop messing with the car.

headers are illegal and won't pass smog in if smog inspection is required, texas no smog good for them bc I've never state a certain area state or city but isn't true the only OEM headers will pass smog and I wasn't implying headers are a "mess" I'm implying the fines you could possibly get is a mess when they check your engine for some reason and find things that art originally suppose to be there. also I did say "header and tune" did I not?

no offense but stop trying to bag on what I say. just because some rule may or may not apply to you doesn't give you rights. if you have better knowledge let the OP know instead of trying to prove people wrong using harsh language.

we're a community trying to share info to our best knowledge. it's the best of mines, so I wouldn't try to send OP the wrong direction.

FYI: UP2YOU doesn't loose credibility. it just answers his general question what to do first. performance,looks,handling, etc.

please show some respect like I would you again I mean no offense

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

"headers are illegal and won't pass smog in if smog inspection is required, texas no smog good for them bc I've never state a certain area state or city but isn't true the only OEM headers will pass smog and I wasn't implying headers are a "mess" I'm implying the fines you could possibly get is a mess when they check your engine for some reason and find things that art originally suppose to be there. also I did say "header and tune" did I not?"

What the hell does that even mean? Are you alright? I can totally understand if english isn't your first language and if that's the case I apologize

Do you even have headers or a tune? Yes messing with anything emissions related is a federal crime, in fact messing with front pipe as well would be a crime, which leaves you with only doing a catback. Most emissions tests are different on a county by county to state to state basis. In the case of Texas an OBD-II tool they use can read two emissions readiness tests as not ready to pass and as long as a tech sees that front pipe cat they'll pass you, this was pretty common on WRX forums and corvette forums who've had people in Houston with catless downpipes and cobb tunes. Also worrying about "fines" is more of a California
thing with police trained to look out for emissions offenses, leave that state and it's highly unlikely that will occur.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 02:36 PM   #17
CatScan

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
What a mess. OP, drive the car for a while. I'm willing to bet that the stock car will keep you entertained for a long time before you need to upgrade anything.

As has been said, the best 1k you can drop for an immediate change is the OpenFlash tablet and their header. Use E85 for even more fun.

Only an idiot would answer technical questions in shorthand, and only someone dumber would follow that advice. Proper nomenclature exists for a reason.
CatScan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CatScan For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 02:56 PM   #18
CatScan

Quote:
wow guess there are many PROFESSIONALS tuners here on this helpful forum who'll try to knock anyone using unprofessional grammar.. Okay you guys win. I'll leave your ego alone, professors. GOOD LUCK OP

Some sort of anger issue there, Khan?

I'm no expert, but I read your other tuning questions thread. OP is better off if you stay quiet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CatScan For This Useful Post:
86kahl (04-27-2016), extrashaky (04-25-2016), FRSBRZGT86FAN (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #19
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
nope just sad. they read the post. they seem to understand the short hand, yet they make it seem like they don't. I thought this forums to help but it seems not. any help could suddenly cause the ego to rise than have a huge conversation or bickering about right and wrong. I genuinely feel a sad that this kind of stuff is happening on this forum or I've possibly misunderstood the forums use. is the forum for bagging on people who have good intentions to help?
well, either way I'll just ignore it let the ego stop here.

thanks for asking

Quote:
wow guess there are many PROFESSIONALS tuners here on this helpful forum who'll try to knock anyone using unprofessional grammar.. Okay you guys win. I'll leave your ego alone, professors. GOOD LUCK OP

What? It's quite easy to see you have no knowledge of this car if any tuning wise:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101741

What kind of person falls for the innovate chip scam?

Secondly no one was bagging on you, did you see how many people thanked the comments of people who said they couldn't understand what you said? If someone new comes to forum not being able to understand what you're trying to convey will cause more harm than good.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:22 PM   #20
MisterSheep
Killed Scion

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout
Thanked 7,307 Times in 4,485 Posts
Mentioned: 334 Post(s)
Tagged: 185 Thread(s)
Garage
LOL but would like to say welcome again @Ryan_86... sorry you had to see the true side of this forum
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
What are you talking about? You just killed one of the worst brands in history according to enthusiasts. People will be worshipping you like sheep.
MisterSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterSheep For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (04-25-2016), fumanchu1 (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 03:42 PM   #21
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:

I can forgive bad grammar, but like I've stated before, I expect to be able to understand the basic thought expressed in a statement/sentence, your sentence(if you can even call it that) made 0 sense.

As an example try to figure out wtf im talkin about below, maybe you'll understand better:

now if you talk well country will do what country do but not without having laws to bc they aren't communist(that's essentially what your sentences in that post came across as)
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:46 PM   #22
CatScan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSheep View Post
LOL but would like to say welcome again @Ryan_86... sorry you had to see the true side of this forum
The Forum may have prevented OP from making a mistake, all good in my book. I suspect Khan has a FreshAsF*ck plate frame. Nobody with one of those should be taken seriously. About anything.

Or, Khan could be a tuning wizard. We won't ever know until he speaks something we understand.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CatScan For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (04-25-2016), MisterSheep (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 03:50 PM   #23
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatScan View Post
The Forum may have prevented OP from making a mistake, all good in my book. I suspect Khan has a FreshAsF*ck plate frame. Nobody with one of those should be taken seriously. About anything.

Or, Khan could be a tuning wizard. We won't ever know until he speaks something we understand.
Damnit now I have to cancel my order!
Ultramaroon (04-26-2016), [YOYO] (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 03:51 PM   #24
mixtape
Posts in the nude

Drives: 2016 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
AMBER ALERT: Someone has kidnapped all of the periods from khantran04's posts

"Lesbian trees have no wood." - Scoobs McGee
mixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:55 PM   #25
CatScan

Damn, this place can be harsh, but in a good way. Dog-pile in minutes. OP, still here?
Old 04-25-2016, 03:59 PM   #26
mixtape
Posts in the nude

Drives: 2016 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_86 View Post
After months of waiting I finally got my FRS! 2016 Steel with 10,000 miles.
Congratulations on the new to you car!

I got my 2016 back in December and had absolutely no idea of what I wanted to do to it until I drove it for a while and paid attention to things that I might want to change (shift knob, the taillights, floor mats, K&N air filter). The best way to pick what to get is to drive it like it is and learn it.

I am not looking to push for more power in the near future and love driving mine the way it is.

"Lesbian trees have no wood." - Scoobs McGee
mixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:04 PM   #27
FR-Sky

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 series [755]
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
keep it stock for 1 or 2 months, think through about what you want, and do tons of research. Start with minor mod, such as LED.
FR-Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FR-Sky For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (04-25-2016), MisterSheep (04-25-2016), mixtape (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 04:08 PM   #28
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatScan View Post

seeing as he bought an innovate chip(scam) I'd say nay on the tuning wizard, even my mom knows those are a scam
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fumanchu1 For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (04-25-2016)

Tags
car, cats, frs, mods, scion, women