follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 10-04-2017, 11:16 PM   #15
NRXRaptor

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonBomb View Post
obviously my counter joke went over your head -_-!

The notion of "correct" use or expression of a language is a little silly to be taught as though it's so absolute. This is a large contributing factor behind poor k-12 performance in the subject. The English they experience is not the English taught so there is a large disconnect. When I took the GRE Exam "SAT exam equivalent for masters/Ph.D programs" a large amount of the language used in the English section is most definitely not the type of English most American children have ever commonly experienced since 1940 or before.

The big dirty secret that most professors and people with an English Ph.D won't tell you is what historians and cultural/linguistic anthropologist are taught from day one.... and that is that language just like culture and people are always evolving. The English we speak now in California is different from contemporary English spoken in the deep southern states of America which is different from contemporary Queens English which is different from the English spoken during the industrial revolution which is different from Elizabethan Shakespearean English which is different from the Germanic/Latin roots they came from which is different from blah blah blah you get the point.

Honestly the idea of piqued vs. peaked, condensations such as "don't/can't" along with incomplete sentences such as "What the fuck/WTF" being improper use of English should really be considered more of a historical usage and not something to be taught as contemporary English. This can also be applied to all languages including stuff like sign language and math. Comparing Issac Newton's handwritten math to Einstein's handwritten math to a contemporary college students math notes compared to how a contemporary software engineer/coder writes out that same math concepts are all very different and will only continue to evolve in the future it's what humans do.

So to conclude:

- Rules on a langue to make it static are silly. Rules are meant to be broken

- If person 1 can understand the message that person 2 is sending his way then language was properly used as a tool to communicate. Don't let some English professor or grammar nazi try to tell you otherwise and keep you in the past.

**This is me being on your side NRXRaptor. Not sure if that came across or not before this disclaimer
Of course context matters. I don't expect perfection when I'm texting someone, but if someone is going to present an argument it had better be a few steps above the rabble or I will not take it seriously. If there is any confusion of their/there/they're or could've/could of then I'm not even reading it and I will call it out as a literate adult. No one here is arguing though, I just tried to make a funny

I have also taken the GRE and good lord is there some bullshit. I agree that there is some perhaps archaic stuff, however american public education has gone to shit as of late, and kids aren't being taught how to use their language properly. Our government would rather spend money on new and exciting ways to blow up arabs instead of invest it in the children. I wish we'd pull a finland and realize that our most important capital is our human capital and then spend money and craft policy in pursuit of maximizing our human capital, but oh well: that's a discussion for somewhere else.

Also "GRE Exam" = graduate readiness exam exam hee hee hee . Also maybe GRE doesn't stand for anything just like SAT doesn't, so maybe not hee hee hee
NRXRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NRXRaptor For This Useful Post:
TachyonBomb (10-13-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 06:26 AM   #16
LED86

Drives: Black 86 GTS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Some great detective work there

AAI motorsports is the wholesaler for buddyclub tails, if you resell them then your getting them from AAI. I think they have a webstore but you will pay full price unless your a reseller.

Just keep in mind these ARE NOT released yet so nowhere will have them, japanparts, myself, any reseller will not have them yet. Ill have a set probably before they get released so ill do a video and get photos etc whenever that is.

The peek/perk thing im glad i got it right haha. Looks like i could have triggrered so many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonBomb View Post
I think you meant to say "piqued" your interest... the first and last time I ever dated an English major in college has traumatized me to the point that peaked my interest now triggers me

ALSO HERE IS WHAT I HAVE FOUND ABOUT THE NEW BUDDY CLUB TAILS

- Buddy Clubs US website shows nothing.

- Their Japanese website shows the tail lights but does not show any buy
now or how to buy area for the tails.
- https://www.buddyclub.jp

- If travel to their US, Japanese or International facebook pages you will see a link to a youtube video posted by some guy named Gabriel Lee with a lot of Japanese writing. Video linked below.

-

- In that video page in the beginning of all the Japanese writing in contained in the video description you will see the name of a shop or company named "aaimotorsport". If one were to google "aaimotorsport" the website for this shop/company pops up. Here is the link to this companies website.
- http://www.aai-usa.com/

- On this companies homepage this is how they describe themselves

"AAI Motorsports is the sole agent and importer of Buddy Club and TOM'S Racing automotive parts which we distribute primarily within the North, Central and South American region. Along with this, AAI Motorsports is also an exporter of U.S. sourced automotive parts products to Asia."

- So if you want the lights call this company located in Ontario, California. They should be able to supply the lights to North Americans whenever the lights are released if they aren't already released.

**And that is how you cyber stalk like a millennial to get what you want.

**An alternative route may be to go through Japanparts.com and exchange some emails to see if they can get the lights.
LED86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:31 AM   #17
LED86

It is skirting the rules abit I agree, but a few of things.
  1. I was a vendor here previously but my market is Australia only so it was too expensive for such small majority.
  2. Even if I had the tail lights in stock I wouldn't be allowed to sell them to anyone outside Australia as that is rules set by buddyclub/aai to myself.
  3. Mainly I just want to share the new tail lights to you all as your all a good bunch
  4. Im also the Valenti news guy here. Whenever there is something from Valenti that comes to me I'm pretty much first to share it here. Well JDMNigel and myself if he doesn't beat me to it first.
Hope that doesn't offend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Why do I walk away from this whole thing thinking it is nothing but a thinly disguised sales pitch from somebody that is not a vendor on here?
Old 10-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #18
Mackizzle86

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Don't let the "peak" and "piqued" discussion distract you from the fact that the ending said "to be counted" instead of "to be continued" LoLz. ��
Mackizzle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mackizzle86 For This Useful Post:
Overdrive (10-08-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #19
Mackizzle86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LED86 View Post
It is skirting the rules abit I agree, but a few of things.
  1. I was a vendor here previously but my market is Australia only so it was too expensive for such small majority.
  2. Even if I had the tail lights in stock I wouldn't be allowed to sell them to anyone outside Australia as that is rules set by buddyclub/aai to myself.
  3. Mainly I just want to share the new tail lights to you all as your all a good bunch
  4. Im also the Valenti news guy here. Whenever there is something from Valenti that comes to me I'm pretty much first to share it here. Well JDMNigel and myself if he doesn't beat me to it first.
Hope that doesn't offend.
Can you sell the Indicator kits outside of AU?
Old 10-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #20
LED86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackizzle86 View Post
Can you sell the Indicator kits outside of AU?
Probably but I don't carry them in m/ph. I think speedfactory has them.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:59 PM   #21
Mackizzle86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LED86 View Post
Probably but I don't carry them in m/ph. I think speedfactory has them.
Speedfactory don't carry them. The faces in K/ph won't matter cause the digital speedo is in m/ph.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:40 PM   #22
LED86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackizzle86 View Post
Speedfactory don't carry them. The faces in K/ph won't matter cause the digital speedo is in m/ph.
Ok it must have been one of the other vendors I saw had them, trying to remember...
86worx it was.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:52 PM   #23
TachyonBomb

Drives: 06 Evo GSR SE, 17 Series Yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
NRXRaptor:

You hit the nail on the head my friend about the GRE. On the one hand I'm happy that all public schools only require me to present my subject specific GRE scores for the physics exam. But for private schools it is a shame that they require me to present both the general GRE and physics specific GRE scores to enter into their physics programs. I can blast through journal research articles all day long and grasp everything in them as I'm sure most science grad school candidates can, so why do we need to be judged on our Elizabethan reading competency? -__-!

On a side note about language, heed my warning that in a generation or two their, there, they're/ peak, pique, peek etc will all be out of fashion. We are creatures that thrive off of data compression. A few years ago I was self teaching myself Arabic and I was amazed at how mainstream it was for the reader or the listener to determine the meaning of a word or phrase based on its context. In English we would call this slang and only usually hear double/triple meaning being words when spoken or in song or poetry. But in arabic "slang or data compression" is everywhere in everyday professional writings. Just a little food for thought on where English can be headed with rise of technology.

LED86:

Thanks for the good info, keep us posted on these lights. I 100% want to get a set the nanosecond they are released.
TachyonBomb is offline   Reply With Quote