follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 11-23-2016, 02:11 PM   #15
Sanchez

Drives: 2016 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire481 View Post
setup and measure/pull on the frame rack. replace rear body panel and rear floor pan/tire well. we do like 3 of those jobs a week lol.
Thanks for this. It's reassuring. I'm beginning to think the car will be on the road sooner than later.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:05 PM   #16
671mike

Drives: 2015 frs
any word on how it turned out my car got hit last night and looks like that
671mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:47 AM   #17
Songha

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Same thing happened to me on the 23rd. Just dropped it off last night hoping they'll get it done right. I also requested Valentis to replace my cracked tails, lol. That would be nice. Look forward to an update to this as well. My rep told me they expect to have my FRS for about two weeks but they've left me with a 17 Camry with 1500 miles on it in the meantime. All expenses on them, it's relieving.
2013 Scion FR-S | 6-MT | Raven Black | Performance Mods: Invidia N1 Catback, Invidia Catless Frontpipe, BC Racing Extreme Lows Coilovers, 1320 Performance UEL Catless Headers, 1320 Performance Overpipe, OpenFlash Tablet (Stage 2 UEL, 93 Oct. tune), Whiteline Front Swaybar, Whitelight Adj. Front Endlinks | Asthetic Mods: DS Style Front Lip, Rocket Bunny style flares, F1R F21s | MY BUILD THREAD!

Last edited by Songha; 12-09-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Songha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Songha For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #18
Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by 671mike View Post
any word on how it turned out my car got hit last night and looks like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songha View Post
Same thing happened to me on the 23rd. Just dropped it off last night hoping they'll get it done right. I also requested Valentis to replace my cracked tails, lol. That would be nice. Look forward to an update to this as well. My rep told me they expect to have my FRS for about two weeks but they've left me with a 17 Camry with 1500 miles on it in the meantime. All expenses on them, it's relieving.
Sorry to hear. I hope everyone involved is in good health.

The shop requested a supplement for ~3k, bringing the total to just over $6500. (I'm now realizing the original estimate was closer to 4k.) The supplement includes
  • Antenna interior rear
  • Tail lamp pocket (RT & LT)
  • Outer wheelhouse (RT & LT)
  • Rear body Panel
  • Rear floor pan
  • Rail end bracket (RT & LT)
  • Upper bracket (RT & LT)
  • Side Bracket (RT & LT)
  • Lower bracket clip #1 (RT & LT)
  • Alignment
  • Labor
  • Paint

Work began Tues. 12/6. The shop requested 1 more supplement. I will post details once I know more. The car is expected to be ready in 2 weeks.

Currently zipping around in a Fiesta which I've nicknamed, Humpty Dumpty.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sanchez For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 10:26 PM   #19
Songha

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Awesome, I do like the rental Camry but I already miss my FR-S. The Camry makes me sleepy when I drive it. 6k is quite up there, two weeks sounds promising for me as well. I'm still waiting for an update though.
2013 Scion FR-S | 6-MT | Raven Black | Performance Mods: Invidia N1 Catback, Invidia Catless Frontpipe, BC Racing Extreme Lows Coilovers, 1320 Performance UEL Catless Headers, 1320 Performance Overpipe, OpenFlash Tablet (Stage 2 UEL, 93 Oct. tune), Whiteline Front Swaybar, Whitelight Adj. Front Endlinks | Asthetic Mods: DS Style Front Lip, Rocket Bunny style flares, F1R F21s | MY BUILD THREAD!
Songha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:06 PM   #20
Overdrive
Sittin' Sideways

Drives: 2016 Toyota FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
Thank you for your inputs.

Quick update - Insurance originally estimated about $3k for repairs. This includes
  • exhaust pipe & muffler
  • bumper cover
  • reverse lamp
  • left tail lamp
  • trunk (& RT hinge)
  • name plates
  • stone guards? (LT and RT)
  • tow eye caps (LT & RT)
  • paint
  • labor

The car is now at the shop. They have removed the bumper cover which revealed more damage .
What are your thoughts on the amount of work needed at this point?

Yowch...I truly feel your pain here. Seeing that picture of the spare tire well punched in reminded me of my accident almost 2 years ago that totaled my Corolla. Guy plowed into me as I was coming to a stop at a light waiting to turn left. After 13 years of driving that car virtually every day, I could tell when I drove away that something wasn't right. Opened the trunk when I got home to clean it out so the car could be towed the next day to be appraised, and saw the same thing in your pic. My trunk liner was actually floating in space when I opened the trunk lid because it was being propped up by the spare, which was being propped up by my very clearly bent car's metal. At first they didn't think the car was that bad since it looked pretty ok on the outside, but once I showed them that, they totaled it. With the twins it's even more likely to happen because of how light the car and it's body panels are. You'll walk away, but the car isn't likely to survive.

Sorry to see that, and right around the holiday, too. Hopefully you can get into another one after all the insurance dealing is done.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:14 PM   #21
Yal
#subaruambassador

Drives: Wheezy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My rental was a Focus. I asked the Hertz guy how a Focus is a replacement for a BRZ. He asked me if a Subaru is some kind of Toyota. Hmmm. I named the Focus Sluggy. Honestly, it was a better commuter than my BRZ.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:44 AM   #22
Overdrive
Sittin' Sideways

Garage
Also.....wtf hit you?
Old 12-10-2016, 12:49 AM   #23
Overdrive
Sittin' Sideways

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yal View Post
My rental was a Focus. I asked the Hertz guy how a Focus is a replacement for a BRZ. He asked me if a Subaru is some kind of Toyota. Hmmm. I named the Focus Sluggy. Honestly, it was a better commuter than my BRZ.
Well, seeing as Toyota owns a chunk of Fuji Heavy Industries, Subaru's parent, and Subaru uses plenty of Denso parts (another company owned by Toyota)....sure, let's go ahead and just call Subarus Toyotas. I'm cool with it.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #24
Sanchez

Received more info...2nd supplement was approved. The shop is waiting for parts from Subaru. The running total is now $7952.79. This includes:
  • Heat Shield
  • LT Floor Filler
  • LT Floor side
  • LT side cover
  • Lower Rear Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
Also.....wtf hit you?
It was a Ford Fusion. From what I could tell he suffered a cracked grill and a collapsed hood.

Anyone get their car back yet?

Side note: Left town for a bit and returned the Fiesta. When I returned Enterprise put me in a Versa. I have to say, I liked the Fiesta more.