follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-07-2014, 02:37 AM   #1
mswhong

Drives: FT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BRZedit and boost cut?

Hi guys,

Been reading around and nothing seems to come up but I'm wondering if BRZedit can implement a boost cut? I have the AEM failsafe and really want to implement the failsafe function.

Ecutek won't be an option for me as the only ecutek tuner in Aus has managed to pop a few 86s already and their rep is going down the shitter.

Cheers!
mswhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:04 AM   #2
Drift-Office

Drives: AE86 / FRS / FC3S / GC8 / S14 / R32
Thanked 1,431 Times in 372 Posts
Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswhong View Post
Ecutek won't be an option for me as the only ecutek tuner in Aus has managed to pop a few 86s already and their rep is going down the shitter.

Cheers!
There's more than one tuner there, only that there's one MASTER Tuner for Aussie right? There have been others here on this forum from down under that had assorted tuners use ECUTek to tune their 86s, so seek em out.

As for boost cut implementation in BRZ Edit, I doubt it, but it's been a few months since I last saw it.

Cheers!

Bob @ Drift-Office, LLC
Drift-Office is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #3
mswhong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift-Office View Post
There's more than one tuner there, only that there's one MASTER Tuner for Aussie right? There have been others here on this forum from down under that had assorted tuners use ECUTek to tune their 86s, so seek em out.

As for boost cut implementation in BRZ Edit, I doubt it, but it's been a few months since I last saw it.

Cheers!

Bob @ Drift-Office, LLC
Hey Bob!

Thanks for your reply, yes that "master tuner" has managed to pop a few fa20s and other platforms so I don't think I'd want to pay him a visit. In terms of other tuners, there are plenty but they have no reputation - the only "good-guy greg" in the tuning industry that is local to me (in my eyes at least) here is a bloke who mainly does stand-alone EMS and utilizes BRZedit and he's got serious rep and I have only heard of good things from others when they go to him.

Thought I'd ask here first as he's got his hands quite busy with other builds atm.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #4
mad_sb

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Yeah, I hear MRT gets very pissy if anyone else sells ecutek in AUS..
Old 04-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #5
jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
There is no possible way to implement a proper boost cut in BRZEdit. I spent way too much time trying, and the functionality just isn't there.

If you're not comfortable having your car tuned by any of the available options, I'd recommend buying the Ecutek RaceRom personal version and doing it yourself. It's the only platform currently available that offers what a turbo car needs.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jamesm For This Useful Post:
arghx7 (04-08-2014), Drift-Office (04-07-2014), mswhong (04-07-2014), Revolutions Performance (04-08-2014), Sportsguy83 (04-07-2014)
Old 04-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #6
mswhong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_sb View Post
Yeah, I hear MRT gets very pissy if anyone else sells ecutek in AUS..
They sort of have monopoly over the market so that might explain that :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesm View Post
There is no possible way to implement a proper boost cut in BRZEdit. I spent way too much time trying, and the functionality just isn't there.

If you're not comfortable having your car tuned by any of the available options, I'd recommend buying the Ecutek RaceRom personal version and doing it yourself. It's the only platform currently available that offers what a turbo car needs.
Ah jesus that sucks.. I have been talking to a respectable tuner down under and he advised me to wait it out a little because Haltech is currently undergoing testing for a PnP unit for the 86 - do you any word on that?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:41 AM   #7
jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswhong View Post
Ah jesus that sucks.. I have been talking to a respectable tuner down under and he advised me to wait it out a little because Haltech is currently undergoing testing for a PnP unit for the 86 - do you any word on that?
I'm sure anything Haltech does will be priced way too high to make sense for anything but the very smallest slice of the market (i.e. people who are getting paid to drive).

There has to be a good Ecutek tuner in Australia. If not... you're just gonna have to start reading up and experimenting. If you're willing to spend Haltech money to solve the problem you could just do it today with a Motec from Full Blown, but that's a pricey solution to a pretty simple problem really.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #8
mswhong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesm View Post
I'm sure anything Haltech does will be priced way too high to make sense for anything but the very smallest slice of the market (i.e. people who are getting paid to drive).

There has to be a good Ecutek tuner in Australia. If not... you're just gonna have to start reading up and experimenting. If you're willing to spend Haltech money to solve the problem you could just do it today with a Motec from Full Blown, but that's a pricey solution to a pretty simple problem really.
Money is not a problem - but I would rather not spend 5k on the motec pnp.. that is a lot of coin which could be used for something else.

If there was a reputable ecutek tuner down under most of the FI 86s/BRZs would have been flocking to him/her - the fact is most FI cars here using BRZedit due to the fact there are no reliable ecutek tuners here.

I'll have a chat to the tuner in regards to the racerom personal version.