follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 12-16-2015, 03:59 PM   #15
scarfo

Drives: gts 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
by the sound of things, radium would suit your needs

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/radi...l#.VnHQY0p96Uk

Get the tap attachment so you can drain it without removing the can.

or

Full blown

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/full...l#.VnHQTUp96Uk
scarfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #16
Efferalgan

Drives: Toyota GT 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarfo View Post
by the sound of things, radium would suit your needs

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/radi...l#.VnHQY0p96Uk

Get the tap attachment so you can drain it without removing the can.

or

Full blown

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/full...l#.VnHQTUp96Uk
Thanks. I considered both options:

Raidum is not a VTA-type can, although a very high quality product. It also uses the same holes for mounting which are already occupied by Grimmspeed hood struts in my car

Fullblown is good but doesn't work for me either since I have a small Shorai battery on PTuning mounting kit while the FB can needs a standard size battery tie-down for mounting.
Efferalgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:11 PM   #17
Darryljr11
Sideways and Smiling!

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Im running radium dual catchcan setup with the pcv side modified to vent to atmosphere
Efferalgan (12-20-2015)
Old 12-13-2017, 12:09 AM   #18
Tormenta

Drives: Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Stay away from Crawford engineering products. Especially due to ZERO customer help especially to an Army member for the blowing his FA20 engine with this catch can. The engine was fully built with crawfords internals and its sleeved too, but it had the same issues shown here with our supercharged frs that began the post.

They, Crawford, knew and were/ are aware of this issue and have done nothing to conduct a recall. It is simple, they won't pick up the tab.

I have evidence of them stating all this. Email, videos, text, and recorded conference phone conversation with their own consultant that lead me to:
And they talked me into getting up to two oil restrictors for the turbo. Enough said why, but the engine pushes oil all the way through the tail pipe even with the refreshed turbo, and its two restrictors.

It is expected that the rings or the valve seal are out, but all of you knows what this means, pull the engine out and rebuild it again.

Getting ready to post all of this evidence to the public and once the leak down test its done by a mechanic the report will be sent to an attorney. After this a box with all of its parts will be sent to them with a trojan box of condoms. You figure out the rest.

And in addition to this, if this block was not sleeved by Dan Benson itll be sent to Suba Performance/ Boost Creep in Denver with another box of condoms as they ripped this man. They left 4 different spark plugs and a bad tune on this build and it detonated, just to say the least.

Last edited by Tormenta; 03-28-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Tormenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:44 AM   #19
Tormenta

Neal Grabowski

to*me
Jul 28

Details

Im available today, this weekend or Monday. Should not take long. Please have the decision maker on the phone. Thanks and looking forward to being on the same *page
Old 12-13-2017, 12:45 AM   #20
Tormenta

More to come.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:50 AM   #21
Tormenta

Crawford engineering catch can blows engine

FRS/BRZ Catch can and ventilation

Inbox

Hi Guys I have your catch can set up. I was wondering about the crankcase pressures, with a FI setup. Would I bee needing to vent the crankcase to ...

T

Technical

Well, we have not sold a catch can for about 15 years now so I must assume you are speaking of our Air Oil Separator. If so then all our AOS are de...

AOS of course. So It would not need to be ventilated for NA? how about for FI? Another question regarding the Crawford internals (Piston/ con/rod)....

T

Technical

The tuner can pull more power / torque out of a motor with longer rods but you can still use the same tune, that said our pistons usually have a lo...

Hi Dear Crawford, Thanks for this information. The connection between the AOS and the intake manifold is not right, is it? or is ok to load the cra...

T

Technical

Hello T, I have no idea if your AOS installation was done correctly as you have not sent me any photos of it. That said, it is not ok to load th...

The instructions to install the AOS states to connect the intake manifold to the AOS. Here is the "boost leak". The boost comes out from the intake...

In addition to all this, as the AOS is connected, the connection from the AOS to the intake pipe to air filter- hose connected in front of the comp...

Hi CP Do you need any videos and pictures of the damages?

Dear Crawford, Please let me know if we can resolve this here. If not I'll get an attorney.
T

Technical

If you would like me to help you find out what was done wrong during the installation process then some photos of how our AOS was connected would b...

It is easy install and Suba performance installed it, therefore, the install should've been installed properly. Ill be sending images of it soon. T...

T

Technical

Thank you, I am eager to see the photos so we can assist you.

Hi guys you'll be receiving a bunch of emails with receipts invoices and so forth to pile up the whole story. The reason I mention Enjuku is becaus...

T

Technical

Hello guys, Sending me the emails showing the damage done to your motor by the different shops and tuners that have worked on your car does not hel...

The installation is correct I'll send the pictures tomorrow and video starting. Showing oil level, showing no dripping oil from anywhere and markin...

7 min and smoking its fouling baddly.

On Jul 27, 2017 5:54 PM, wrote: > > 7 min and smoking its fouling baddly. > > > On Jul 26, 2017

Hi My kids took video of the test. I don't think it can do a road test without calling attention from "EPA". My solidarity on this. I know that the...

T

Technical

to*me,*Neal,*Technical
Jul 28

Details

Thanks for the effort guys, but a video of the engine running is of no benefit to finding out if the AOS is connected correctly or not. The silicone on the valve cover fixing the leak in that spot is totally unrelated to the way the AOS is connected and also has no benefit to us, both of these issues need to be addressed with the person or shop responsible for installing that valve cover incorrectly and whatever else was done to cause the massive amount of oil entering your exhaust system.

Again, thanks for the effort.

Crawford Performance
622 Airport Rd.
Oceanside, CA 92058
P: (760) 631-2927
F: (760) 439-2937
Old 12-13-2017, 12:55 AM   #22
Tormenta

FRS/BRZ Catch can and ventilation

Inbox

ja ca

Hi Guys I have your catch can set up. I was wondering about the crankcase pressures, with a FI setup. Would I bee needing to vent the crankcase to ...

T

Technical

technical@crawfordperformance.com

Hide details

To:

j
Date:

September 5, 2016, 1:26 PM

Well, we have not sold a catch can for about 15 years now so I must assume you are speaking of our Air Oil Separator. If so then all our AOS are designed and engineered to function correctly on a NA engine as well as an FI engine. We also never vent our AOS to atmosphere for many reasons and one of the main ones is your crankcase needs a vacuum pulled on it to suck out the fumes. If not then the inside of your crankcase is stagnant and just fills up with fuel vapors which contaminate the oil after a while.

Take care and thanks for choosing Crawford

Crawford Performance

622 Airport Rd.

Oceanside, CA 92058

P: (760) 631-2927

F: (760) 439-2937

FB:*facebook.com/CrawfordPerformance

Sent:*Monday, September 05, 2016 11:06 AM
To:*Technical
Subject:*FRS/BRZ Catch can and ventilation
Old 12-13-2017, 12:57 AM   #23
Tormenta

More to come
Old 12-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #24
toast

Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
1: Your posts on this are incredibly difficult to read. From what you have posted I can't see how you are blaming Crawford.

2: Crawford asks for pictures and you just tell them it was installed correctly because some shop did it. Then you send them receipts for engine damage and videos of your car smoking? What do you think they are going to do with that?
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #25
Amputechture

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
'Tuner A, you suck. My motor exploded. Took it to Tuner B and he said the tune was off. Here are receipts of my purchase of ECU tuning from Tuner B. He is a tuner so he tuned the car right." Stay tuned for more empirical proof.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:40 PM   #26
Tormenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputechture View Post
'Tuner A, you suck. My motor exploded. Took it to Tuner B and he said the tune was off. Here are receipts of my purchase of ECU tuning from Tuner B. He is a tuner so he tuned the car right." Stay tuned for more empirical proof.
There are images of all, and all were sent to them. Replying via phone limits the chance to reduce image size. Theyll be posted. Soon.

Same deal with tuners as Amputechture explains.

Also the reading dificulties are due to the pastes from the email traffic and not all of the contents transfered. However it definitely shows the communication.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:39 PM   #27
Tormenta

Hey Efferalgan and all
The effects on valve covers, crank case, turbo drain, and valve seals from Crawford AOS is cofirmed. Have a very low mileage on a build engine and the bore scope clearly shows the leak from the valve seal. Too soon for oem seals to lose their seal capabilities. There are other few notes and images of the leak from the valve cover when it was pressurized by the use of the AOS. The engine had as much oil as the HKS FRS system as mentioned above too. There's premature ware and its repair should be covered by Crawford performance Engineering. BTW What would you do if the engine has Crawford's forged internals knowing that this has happened with the AOS? What would you do with the internals? Send all back to Crawford and redo the engine with other brand?
Attached Images

Last edited by Tormenta; 03-29-2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #28
LtMobile599

Drives: White BRZ
Garage
I know this is an old thread but I was curious if there were more people with this problem on NA cars. I have the crawford AOS and recently checked on the system while cleaning my throttle body. I found that there was a small amount of oil in the line that goes to the intake tube. I don't really know how this could be happening so if anyone has some info it would be much appreciated!
LtMobile599 is offline   Reply With Quote