follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #15
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
argh I want to, but I quit games :/
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #16
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4rp View Post
How is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Dunno, just noticed it was out earlier and just now started downloading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
argh I want to, but I quit games :/
That's too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #17
Allch Chcar

It's as good as the original, just better graphics and stuff. Haven't found anything wrong except the lack of sound when you knife the wall.

Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #18
Allch Chcar

Name:  Planking bots.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  533.4 KB

Heh, trash. The taking over bots part is cool.

Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #19
igorot
Sneakerhead

Drives: 2003 Honda Civic Si
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
On alot, add me on steam rburdios
igorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #20
bneale

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorot View Post
I cant wait to hear all the cod and bf players complain about cs being a bad game
Without trying to seem like I'm one of these people, this version of CS is utter garbage.

I played this yesterday and found a few different bugs to be present in the game. The most annoying is simply the fact that NONE of the controls are setup for you when you first start an online match!!

If you can believe this, you actually have to go and set the controls to default in the settings.... JUST TO GET THE DAMN DEFAULT CONTROLS TO WORK!!! Oh and if you have to restart CS for any reason, the controls go right back to the stupid way they were and must be reset again to defaults. Happened 3 times to me during the Trial.

Same thing goes for the game settings. I first looked at my game settings and the defaults were all screwed up. Instead of my default screen being set to "Television", it was set to "Computer Monitor" or monitor. Then they have another option which is something like "play setting". It has 2 choices which are either "Couch" or "Desktop / Computer Desk". My default options came set to "Monitor" and "Couch". WHO THE FUCK USES A COMPUTER MONITOR FROM THEIR COUCH??

Then I noticed that the brightness is also jacked until you set the defaults again. For all of these reasons, this game completely smacks of utter failure from the bug testing point of view. Anyone who spent longer then 5 minutes playing this game would have found these. I also thought I was the only person this happened to until I joined my first game. Then 2 different people joined the room and started complaining they "couldn't shoot their gun or couldn't open the buy menu. Again, this is because none of their buttons were assigned by default.

Don't get me wrong, I used to play CS everyday and I still enjoy the game (but no longer have a PC myself). As far as "is this game CS?" goes, the answer is yes. But the programmer in me says "for 15 bucks, this game is a pile of shit!"

I'd be willing to bet right now that they probably won't patch this game either. Someone told me that it cost developers $50,000 bucks to get patches certified and hosted on MS servers. If this is true, it explains why so many Xbox Live Arcade games simply never get patched.

Just my 2 cents.

bneale
Old 08-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #21
GregV

Drives: Kia Stinger GT2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
Without trying to seem like I'm one of these people, this version of CS is utter garbage.

I played this yesterday and found a few different bugs to be present in the game. The most annoying is simply the fact that NONE of the controls are setup for you when you first start an online match!!

If you can believe this, you actually have to go and set the controls to default in the settings.... JUST TO GET THE DAMN DEFAULT CONTROLS TO WORK!!! Oh and if you have to restart CS for any reason, the controls go right back to the stupid way they were and must be reset again to defaults. Happened 3 times to me during the Trial.

Same thing goes for the game settings. I first looked at my game settings and the defaults were all screwed up. Instead of my default screen being set to "Television", it was set to "Computer Monitor" or monitor. Then they have another option which is something like "play setting". It has 2 choices which are either "Couch" or "Desktop / Computer Desk". My default options came set to "Monitor" and "Couch". WHO THE FUCK USES A COMPUTER MONITOR FROM THEIR COUCH??

Then I noticed that the brightness is also jacked until you set the defaults again. For all of these reasons, this game completely smacks of utter failure from the bug testing point of view. Anyone who spent longer then 5 minutes playing this game would have found these. I also thought I was the only person this happened to until I joined my first game. Then 2 different people joined the room and started complaining they "couldn't shoot their gun or couldn't open the buy menu. Again, this is because none of their buttons were assigned by default.
I've played the beta a dozen times and have literally never encountered any of this.
GregV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #22
igorot
Sneakerhead

Drives: 2003 Honda Civic Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregV View Post
I've played the beta a dozen times and have literally never encountered any of this.
This, for the most part, I've matched all my settings to source. Its still on the source engine, so essentially its just a better graphic version of source. Some things to help some people out with their registry would be to actually use correct rates as well as set up the correct interp

cl_interp 0 and cl_interp_Ratio 1 is what I'm using right now. Before the huge update to source, interp was .01 and ratio was 0 or -1 in most servers
igorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #23
Allch Chcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
...(but no longer have a PC myself)...
There's your problem.

Seriously though, the PC version works just fine. I didn't have to change any of the controls, just the graphics, which always default too low on Source games. That's just my experience.

Quote:
Old 08-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #24
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregV View Post
Same here. I've logged almost 20 hours too.

I think he may be playing the Xbox version though. I noticed you can download it for your PS3 as well. When a game is designed for the PC, it sucks playing it on a gaming console.
Shagaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #25
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagaliscious View Post
Same here. I've logged almost 20 hours too.

I think he may be playing the Xbox version though. I noticed you can download it for your PS3 as well. When a game is designed for the PC, it sucks playing it on a gaming console.
I had the pc and xbox verson of the og CS and never had any problems with either platform.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting CS:Go if it was good enough for the 360 version. Anyone try that yet?

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #26
BigRedDog

Drives: FR-S Firestorm 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kphile View Post
I remember those lan gaming center days and owning noobs with the awp/deagle fast-switch combo or pubbing with shottie/glock(burst) and b-hopping to spawn point killing people who were still buying their weapons. Full of lol's and fun times. Man those were the days.
The fact that I understood all that makes me feel old.
BigRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedDog For This Useful Post:
S2kphile (08-25-2012)