follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > New England

New England MA, ME, NH, RI, VT

User Tag List

Old 02-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
Repyt

Drives: Empty spot waiting to be filled...
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What dealer are you buying from?

FRS or BRZ doesn't matter. I've never dealt with a Subaru Dealership so I figured I'd ask. A couple friends of mine have dealt with Anchor Subaru in RI and Balise Subaru, both had horrible experiences. I called both about the BRZ and got a "wwuuutttt"... Tomorrow during business hours I will try and call Somerset Subaru and Long Subaru. Guess I am just looking for suggestions on who is reputable around here.

Last edited by Repyt; 02-19-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Repyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Long Subaru didn't seem bad when I was looking for my current car. They had no idea about the car the last time I was there but that was a long time ago.

I have 2 or 3 dealers I know I would gladly do business with, but I'm not going to say which ones until the price it out for the BRZ.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
Canibuz

Drives: BRZ SOON!
Garage
Pre-ordered from Patrick Subaru. They have more pre-order slots available if anyone is interested. Talk to Luke tell him Kenny sent you!

The member of the BRZerhood formerly known as Reypt
How to spot a troll
Canibuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Dave Bowers @ Atlantic Subaru in Bourne, MA. He's an old co-worker of mine and a great guy.

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibuz View Post
Pre-ordered from Patrick Subaru. They have more pre-order slots available if anyone is interested. Talk to Luke tell him Kenny sent you!
Did they say they might go over msrp? I haven't talked to them in a while.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
Did they say they might go over msrp? I haven't talked to them in a while.
I was told $500 under MSRP if I finance through them. We'll see if they honor that when the car gets here. Manchester Subaru also posted on NASIOC that they were allocated 49 BRZs, so I might just wait until a little later and get it from them if Patrick won't give me a good price.

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceywilly View Post
I was told $500 under MSRP if I finance through them. We'll see if they honor that when the car gets here. Manchester Subaru also posted on NASIOC that they were allocated 49 BRZs, so I might just wait until a little later and get it from them if Patrick won't give me a good price.
I don't know if I believe that but its possible and I've heard bad things from others about theme, but I'd still give them a chance. The rep I dealt with over there seemed okay but they did try to play games with me on prices when I was looking for my temporary car.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #8
Canibuz

Garage
Quote:
I don't know if I believe that but its possible and I've heard bad things from others about theme, but I'd still give them a chance. The rep I dealt with over there seemed okay but they did try to play games with me on prices when I was looking for my temporary car.
Luke told me $250 off MSRP for being a NASIOC member and $500 ontop of the $250 if I finance through them. I'd highly suggest speaking to him. He didn't know as much about the car as we all do from the forums but he was pretty stoked to learn about it. My buddy went up there to get a WRX at the end of the year and all they had was one STI left. Luke worked out a great deal to get him into the STI.

How to spot a troll
Old 03-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
Quote:
Luke told me $250 off MSRP for being a NASIOC member and $500 ontop of the $250 if I finance through them. I'd highly suggest speaking to him. He didn't know as much about the car as we all do from the forums but he was pretty stoked to learn about it. My buddy went up there to get a WRX at the end of the year and all they had was one STI left. Luke worked out a great deal to get him into the STI.
They are one of the many dealerships I'm looking into, mostly because they are closer but I'll help you out if I decide to do my business there.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #10
Canibuz

Garage
Quote:
They are one of the many dealerships I'm looking into, mostly because they are closer but I'll help you out if I decide to do my business there.

Fyi if you look at the preorder thread we now know who got the second spot and according to him they should be receiving allocation numbers next week. Good news!

How to spot a troll
Old 03-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
Quote:
Fyi if you look at the preorder thread we now know who got the second spot and according to him they should be receiving allocation numbers next week. Good news!
You're refering to the map, correct?

I guess I should go check in on them this weekend perhaps to see where they stand on the BRZ.

Thanks.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #12
brufleth

Drives: 2007 WRX
Just for convenience, probably Subaru of Wakefield. Their close and a co-worker has had a good experience dealing with their sales and service departments.

City Side Subaru has been nothing but terrible if people are looking in the Boston area. We have worked with them a bunch for my wife's car and it has been a nightmare.

Planet Subaru is where my current car is from and they've been pretty good. Their service department is good too although they wash your car with their "special water recycling system" which usually leaves my car dirtier than when I bring it in. I'd probably be looking into buying from them again if they getting down there and back wasn't such a pain.
brufleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #13
(K)
They call me..."Ken"...

Drives: '04 Accord V6 MT
Anyone have personal experience with Quirk or Clay Subaru? Originally I wanted an FR-S from Copeland Toyota/Scion purely because it's convenient (3 minute drive from my house) but I'd rather make the drive for a BRZ if their service and sales department are any good.
(K) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #14
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
I talked to the General Sales Manager at Quirk and he took down my info after appearing to know next-to-nothing about the car, and never called me back. I wouldn't waste my time with them.

I spoke to Corey Warren, the Sales Manager at Planet Subaru and he was 100% straightforward with me. He's a car nut himself (owns a Legacy Spec B and a 'Vette Z06) and informed me they would most likely charge $1k over MSRP, because they are only allocated 5 cars between now and November and it's not his choice so much as it's the owner's choice; he knows $5k on 5 cars is a drop in the bucket. They are taking a $2k refundable deposit to ensure that they will deliver the first cars to serious buyers. We spent about a half hour talking about the car and past experiences they've had with selling limited models such as the '07 STi Limited. If I had $2k in my piggy bank, I'd be on their list right now, because I think I'm gonna get the shaft at Atlantic. They're supposedly only getting two allocated and they're both ordered by employees so I might have to wait 'til next year.

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote