follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Commercial Classifieds > Exterior Parts - Lighting

View the official forum sponsors list

User Tag List

Old 02-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #29
phanguy

Drives: Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Please feel free to post questions!

-Garrick
in that case....

Since this is purely an aesthetic application I have concerns. For the LED AEs what would bother me is that when they are off that the individual LEDs can be seen. I see on your site that you do have a kind of diffuser, but is this strictly for the light or would it also kind of mask the LEDs when off as well? This is assuming those diffusers you have listed fit your kit for our car. If they do then do you have pictures you could show?

On the other hand I also saw that you have CCFL AEs on your site too. Are these full ring or is there a cut off? I'm still pretty new to this and I was Googling around and I only see ones that are cut off. I'm not sure if full rings are even possible or not. If they are then I'd be all over that one. Either way do you guys have pictures of the CCFL AEs?

phanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #30
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
It is really a matter of the style you prefer. The diffuser is a clear cover- I'm not sure what you mean by masking off the LED, as it is simply a clear cover (like the one on your map lights) that diffuses the light. The rings used for the FRS/BRZ do indeed fit with the diffusers we have available. We do not have any pictures of them on an FR-S, but here is the comparison on a Genesis Coupe with multicolor LEDs.

CCFL rings always have a break in them, where the connections are in the ring, but are otherwise a full circle.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diode Dynamics For This Useful Post:
phanguy (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #31
phanguy

Drives: Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
It is really a matter of the style you prefer. The diffuser is a clear cover- I'm not sure what you mean by masking off the LED, as it is simply a clear cover (like the one on your map lights) that diffuses the light. The rings used for the FRS/BRZ do indeed fit with the diffusers we have available. We do not have any pictures of them on an FR-S, but here is the comparison on a Genesis Coupe with multicolor LEDs.

CCFL rings always have a break in them, where the connections are in the ring, but are otherwise a full circle.
I just meant to kind of hide the fact that there are LEDs in there. So like it would just look like a plastic ring when off. Sort of like a glass shower door with the "frosting" on it so you know there is someone there, but you can't see all the details . But you answered my question. Thanks!
phanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #32
Vanga

Drives: 07 Hyundai Tiburon SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanguy View Post
in that case....

Since this is purely an aesthetic application I have concerns. For the LED AEs what would bother me is that when they are off that the individual LEDs can be seen. I see on your site that you do have a kind of diffuser, but is this strictly for the light or would it also kind of mask the LEDs when off as well? This is assuming those diffusers you have listed fit your kit for our car. If they do then do you have pictures you could show?

On the other hand I also saw that you have CCFL AEs on your site too. Are these full ring or is there a cut off? I'm still pretty new to this and I was Googling around and I only see ones that are cut off. I'm not sure if full rings are even possible or not. If they are then I'd be all over that one. Either way do you guys have pictures of the CCFL AEs?

Here's a picture of DD's CCFL rings I bought for my motorcycle. I like the look of them but I like the SMD rings better, my personal opinion.

Vanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #33
Apples

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS White
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
How much to Australia NSW 2640?

Quote:

SMD-Ring Angel Eyes

SMD Ring Angel Eyes can be installed on any vehicle as an accent for your headlights. They can be found on BMWs and are a nice modification for any vehicle. The angel eyes from Diode Dynamics are the highest quality and brightness available. Look around, you will not find better angel eyes anywhere for these great prices! Our rings were custom-designed for reliability and long life, and have been tested on your vehicle for perfect fitment. SMD, a modern type of LED, provides a bright forward-firing light, creating a circle of light inside the headlights.

Our newest product, RGB MULTICOLOR angel eyes come with a remote control, in order to pick the color or effect you want. The controller has a static memory, so you can leave the angel eyes switched to WHITE for every time you start your car and drive around, then get out and change up the color! You can choose 16 different colors, with variable brightness, or pick a show mode, including strobe, flash, and fade. They also come with a custom wiring harness, for plug-and-play wiring, and a standard RGB controller unit with remote. We also offer a radio-frequency remote for easier use and installation.

Kit includes:
  • Two (2) Multicolor RGB SMD Rings, fitted for your vehicle
  • Infrared multicolor remote, to change the color OR NEW RF Remote!
  • Diode Dynamics Plug-and-Play Wiring Harness
  • Installation guide
  • One year full warranty
We use custom-manufactured SMD rings through our top LED manufacturer, with high-grade AAA resistors and LED chips. They are highly durable, with a black backing color. The LEDs go all the way around the ring, for no "break" in the light as with other angel eye designs, and are ten times brighter than old fiber-optic type rings.

Installation requires you to open the headlight, by using heat from either your oven or a heat gun. It sounds bad, but really isn't too hard. Simply remove all screws, heat the seal, and pull apart. We have installation videos and other helpful guides available at diodedynamics.com/install. The wiring is a plug-and-play installation, using our Diode Dynamics Angel Eye Harness and quick disconnects. You will not have to do any soldering, wire stripping, crimping or anything. Our wiring harness makes wiring a breeze!

Don't want to do it yourself? Looking for a kit for a different model? We can do any vehicle for you, with our large inventory of ring sizes. Contact us for information.

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 1-year full warranty.

CLICK: SINGLE-COLOR SMD
RGB MULTICOLOR

(pictures show two RGB strips installed along with the RGB angel eye kit)

RGB MULTICOLOR

Videos of kits in action

Remote control comparison

RGB MULTICOLOR
Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #34
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples View Post
How much to Australia NSW 2640?
It depends on how much you order and what the total weight will be. Your exact shipping charge will be displayed in checkout on our website, but it is probably going to be around $15

-Garrick
Old 02-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #35
FaNtaSy

Drives: Toyota GTS 86 Pearl White
I've send an enquiry via the website. Have yet to receive a reply!
FaNtaSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 AM   #36
Diode Dynamics

Emails are answered weekdays 9-5.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 02-11-2013, 01:55 AM   #37
FaNtaSy

Drives: Toyota GTS 86 Pearl White
Ah I see. Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers.
FaNtaSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #38
bgibbsunc

Drives: Firestorm Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Any chance of ccfls at this price?

FA20 club 60 trim + flex fuel
467 whp 356 ft lbs @ 19 lbs
Owner of Sidewinders Auto LLC.
San Antonio TX
bgibbsunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #39
Vanga

Drives: 07 Hyundai Tiburon SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbsunc View Post
Any chance of ccfls at this price?
I do believe their CCFL kit is cheaper than the multicolor kit. Check the website, it was listed last time I checked.
Vanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #40
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanga View Post
I do believe their CCFL kit is cheaper than the multicolor kit. Check the website, it was listed last time I checked.
It sure is! Thanks

-Michelle
Old 02-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #41
Lverasky
RedBunny w/ Wing

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
do you have instruction for installation?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #42
Diode Dynamics

Here is our link to an installation guide: https://www.diodedynamics.com/suppor.../15/angel-eyes

The booklet comes in a word document that must be downloaded, if you have any trouble with this just let me know and I can send you an email attachment.

-Michelle