follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > New England

New England MA, ME, NH, RI, VT

User Tag List

Old 03-04-2016, 09:00 PM   #99
TheMaummar

Drives: GT 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC BRZ View Post
I'm in Derry. Literally a minute away from said Applebee's.
I want some applebees right now lol
TheMaummar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:42 AM   #100
racing_reject_001

Drives: none
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaummar View Post
Me too! Nicer weather will be great! I can't wait to get a better tire on the car and go. I have to get my oil changed soon. I googled oil filters for our cars and apparently their is a bunch of hulabalu over the K&N one. Crazy stuff. Once we are in the clear winter wise. It is cruis'n time.
ill probably stick with the oem subaru one personally i have been using oem honda filters in my cars for years with zero issues and i havent been gentle on them either lol and saw you had an ultramarine, thats my 2nd favorite color so pretty jealous man nice pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC BRZ View Post
I'm in Derry. Literally a minute away from said Applebee's.
So i am pretty sure if you were out thursday nights you saw my old car club swarm their parking lot lol. it was fun and half off apps was great in terms of money for food you get an awesome portion for a great price crummy thing is it starts at 9
racing_reject_001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to racing_reject_001 For This Useful Post:
TheMaummar (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 10:26 AM   #101
TheMaummar

Quote:
Originally Posted by racing_reject_001 View Post
ill probably stick with the oem subaru one personally i have been using oem honda filters in my cars for years with zero issues and i havent been gentle on them either lol and saw you had an ultramarine, thats my 2nd favorite color so pretty jealous man nice pick!

So i am pretty sure if you were out thursday nights you saw my old car club swarm their parking lot lol. it was fun and half off apps was great in terms of money for food you get an awesome portion for a great price crummy thing is it starts at 9
I originally didn't have the frs or ultramarine color on my radar when looking for the car. I was all about that BRZ, but the Good Lord brought me a deal on the car I couldn't refuse and next thing you know, I have it. 15k for 20k mile car....hard to say no...especially when the owners babied it. They got rid of it cause it had "no power" according to the salesman. I knew right there they obviously haven't gone over 5k rpm haha

btw, I am sticking with the oem oil filter. If it an broke don't fix it. lol
Old 03-05-2016, 10:33 AM   #102
racing_reject_001

Quote:
I originally didn't have the frs or ultramarine color on my radar when looking for the car. I was all about that BRZ, but the Good Lord brought me a deal on the car I couldn't refuse and next thing you know, I have it. 15k for 20k mile car....hard to say no...especially when the owners babied it. They got rid of it cause it had "no power" according to the salesman. I knew right there they obviously haven't gone over 5k rpm haha

btw, I am sticking with the oem oil filter. If it an broke don't fix it. lol
Damn that a steal for that car so i can understand that. Im considering looking for one under 30k miles for around $20k max when i go shopping. Even though i havent actually driven one yet i laugh at the "theyre slow" bit One build i have been reading for a while the owner eliminated the torque dip and says its a blast so im fallowing suite with that 200 ish wheel and ill be ok for a while. and i agree, notice how @PERRIN sends you a new OEM filter with their oil coolers? obviously the quality is there with the oem stuff if they send you that instead of something like K&N
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to racing_reject_001 For This Useful Post:
PERRIN (03-07-2016), TheMaummar (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 12:40 PM   #103
TheMaummar

Quote:
Originally Posted by racing_reject_001 View Post
Damn that a steal for that car so i can understand that. Im considering looking for one under 30k miles for around $20k max when i go shopping. Even though i havent actually driven one yet i laugh at the "theyre slow" bit One build i have been reading for a while the owner eliminated the torque dip and says its a blast so im fallowing suite with that 200 ish wheel and ill be ok for a while. and i agree, notice how @PERRIN sends you a new OEM filter with their oil coolers? obviously the quality is there with the oem stuff if they send you that instead of something like K&N
Yes, exactly what I was thinking. OEM filter must have already been well thought out from the start if a company like Perrin sends it to you. As for the torque....I was actually talking about that today with my wife. I was wondering if like a tuner could tune the car and make it more linear....cause to be honest it is an absolute blast already and eliminating that torque dip would make it perfect in my opinion.....until the warranty runs out and you go bananas haha

Btw, 20k max was my budget.....look around and see what cars have been sitting on lots for awhile cause that is partly what played into my car.... you'll have more leverage to wheel and deal. I bought it in November and it had been sitting in the back of the dealer sine June.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:49 PM   #104
TheMaummar

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4181/overview/

This is probably one of the best deals waiting to happen out there.....this car has been sitting 3 starting on 4 months. Definitely could get a couple grand off this price easy. Then throw on a couple grand down payment. great deal. If you were serious. My wife and I have been eyeball'n it. lol
Old 03-07-2016, 08:10 AM   #105
BWilky

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ WRB
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I had started my negotiations at Planet Subaru and they were very reluctant to negotiate prices due to there pricing format. They have at least 10 used BRZ's on their lot and most for a few months. The other issue when buying from them, is due to us being in NH, we can't drive the car home after we buy it, due to their bank and the fact that we need to register our car in NH and not Mass. It was going to be a bit of a hassle, so I ordered a new BRZ from Manchester Subaru and decided to wait the 8-10 weeks.

BWilky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BWilky For This Useful Post:
TheMaummar (03-07-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 11:21 AM   #106
meeskee2

Drives: World Rally Blue BRZ Limited, MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWilky View Post
I had started my negotiations at Planet Subaru and they were very reluctant to negotiate prices due to there pricing format. They have at least 10 used BRZ's on their lot and most for a few months. The other issue when buying from them, is due to us being in NH, we can't drive the car home after we buy it, due to their bank and the fact that we need to register our car in NH and not Mass. It was going to be a bit of a hassle, so I ordered a new BRZ from Manchester Subaru and decided to wait the 8-10 weeks.
Yeah, I bought mine from Patrick Subaru in MA. At the time I worked right down the road so it wasn't TOO bad but it took a a couple of days. Put a down payment on it on a Wednesday, take the proof of purchase to the NH DMV get a 20 day plate and got a ride down on at Saturday to sign and drive off with it. I was originally planning on getting one from Manchester Subaru but the one I got was technically used, 3k on it and I got a pretty sweet deal on it.

"Some guys think that having a better car makes them better than other guys, and those guys are right." -Top Gear
meeskee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to meeskee2 For This Useful Post:
TheMaummar (03-07-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 12:27 PM   #107
racing_reject_001

Quote:
Yes, exactly what I was thinking. OEM filter must have already been well thought out from the start if a company like Perrin sends it to you. As for the torque....I was actually talking about that today with my wife. I was wondering if like a tuner could tune the car and make it more linear....cause to be honest it is an absolute blast already and eliminating that torque dip would make it perfect in my opinion.....until the warranty runs out and you go bananas haha

Btw, 20k max was my budget.....look around and see what cars have been sitting on lots for awhile cause that is partly what played into my car.... you'll have more leverage to wheel and deal. I bought it in November and it had been sitting in the back of the dealer sine June.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13157
one of the best builds on this forum and he had a nice tuned and simple mods other then the e85, check this build out its pretty much the way ill set mine up i love the car and love how he uses it. And yea it wont be hard really finding one when i do i am sure just really hard picking between that or a sti but well see saw a wrb one this morning and loved it reminded me of why i like these damn things
The Following User Says Thank You to racing_reject_001 For This Useful Post:
TheMaummar (03-07-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #108
BWilky

I agree, I was close to getting the Dark Grey BRZ at Planet Subaru, but really wanted a WRB BRZ and it was worth getting the exact color and the added features of 2016 models.

TheMaummar (03-07-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #109
TheMaummar

Bwilky- around what time do you expect the car to arrive at the dealer? April time?

Definitely gotta get what you like best.....I originally was looking at a dark grey brz as well. It had a perrin exhaust, weather tech mats, window tint, and a bunch of other really nice cosmetic things. It was also a limited too.....in the end I am happy with my cheap FRS...I just like to drive so I am content without bells and whistles.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:41 AM   #110
Vyconis

Drives: 2015 Hot Lava FR-S
Garage
I use to be in Newton Nh. Now I'm up in Concord NH. Not on as much as I use to be.

tC RS 2.0 #0664 - 5 speed manual (Given to my father)

Canon Rebel T2i DSLR
Vyconis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vyconis For This Useful Post:
TheMaummar (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 08:03 AM   #111
BWilky

My car was estimated to arrive in NJ port March 18th and arrive at the dealership on March 31st. Can't wait!

TheMaummar (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 08:24 AM   #112
TheMaummar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWilky View Post
My car was estimated to arrive in NJ port March 18th and arrive at the dealership on March 31st. Can't wait!
I can't wait!! Just in time for some cruise'n!! April will be a good time to start thinking about a cruise.

Tags
:popcorn:, why u no tag?