follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 04-16-2018, 01:30 AM   #183
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,412 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc629 View Post
im going to revive this old thread. Someone on one of the facebook groups claims that on the 17+ 86s (assuming the same for brz premium?) they run same exact wiring harness as the one used on the dual climate control equipped ones. Essentially if this is true, then i wouldnt have to go through the trouble of putting together a new harness for at least single zone climate control. Anybody know or willing to help me do the research to see if there is any truth to this?
If the car has manual climate controls. It’s a different harness.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:35 AM   #184
Sc629

Drives: 2017 86 Asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post
If the car has manual climate controls. It’s a different harness.
thats what i thought but the guy on facebook gave me hope they just simplified it to one harness that would work for both setups :/

thanks!
Sc629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:58 AM   #185
dezmoondo

Drives: Whiteout FRS
I don’t know why it is impossible to find the part number of the harness. I tried looking. Does anyone work for Toyota or TRD? I bet they can help us find it.
dezmoondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:29 AM   #186
Chaetagnath

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmoondo View Post
I don’t know why it is impossible to find the part number of the harness. I tried looking. Does anyone work for Toyota or TRD? I bet they can help us find it.
Do you mean for the dash harness of a BRZ limited or other car with Automatic dual air? I believe it is 81302CA360.
Chaetagnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #187
dezmoondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaetagnath View Post
Do you mean for the dash harness of a BRZ limited or other car with Automatic dual air? I believe it is 81302CA360.

Thank you for the part number.
I was referring to the harness for automatic dual air. I have went on many part dealers for Toyota and Subaru and still couldn’t find the specific harness. I am sure dealers and order the part with part number
Old 07-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #188
Chaetagnath

Garage
Quote:
Thank you for the part number.
I was referring to the harness for automatic dual air. I have went on many part dealers for Toyota and Subaru and still couldn’t find the specific harness. I am sure dealers and order the part with part number

As far as I know, it’s normally integrated into the dash harness. I do t think there is a separate one for the a/c. That’s why going from manual ac to dual auto is such a pain, because you have to retrofit it.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:14 PM   #189
AxisPower

Drives: 23 GT4RS
For all the people that have traveled down this path before, is it possible to replace the entire dash harness with a limited/monogram dash harness or are there too many differences between trim levels for the harnesses to just be plug and play and is a conversion harness the easier way of doing this swap.
AxisPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:50 PM   #190
dezmoondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaetagnath View Post
As far as I know, it’s normally integrated into the dash harness. I do t think there is a separate one for the a/c. That’s why going from manual ac to dual auto is such a pain, because you have to retrofit it.
I have noticed that you have previously stated that it is not possible to retrofit the manual blower to the auto blower. If I do not care for the dual zone function, does it matter? Also if I do only single zone, the passenger side knob will not light up right.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:07 PM   #191
Chaetagnath

Garage
Quote:
I have noticed that you have previously stated that it is not possible to retrofit the manual blower to the auto blower. If I do not care for the dual zone function, does it matter? Also if I do only single zone, the passenger side knob will not light up right.

You can use the manual blower to do single temp with auto function. In that case, the passenger knob will light up, and even allow you to set a different temp as if it were dual, but won’t do anything functionally.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:31 PM   #192
Junior_ctba

Drives: Brz 2014
good afternoon guys, I've read and re-read it several times and still do not know how to do it, is there anyone in california who can do it for me? my email junioradrenalinamx@hotmail.com
Junior_ctba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #193
lucas.sidoti

Drives: FT86 - White
Hey there! Here from Argentina!

I leave here female pin and male pin!
MALE
https://www.hi-1000ec.com/product/1214
FEMALE
https://hi-1000.shop-pro.jp/?pid=13999104
lucas.sidoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:55 PM   #194
Twitchy313

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Could this be the harness?

https://www.subarupartsdeal.com/part...153,81302CA653
Twitchy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 11:37 PM   #195
lucas.sidoti

Drives: FT86 - White
Good news
Finaly all mu parts arrived, i have the harness wired and mthe servos that control the aire flow in.

Bad news:
At the moment of geting in the temperature control servo i figure out that its not compatible with the manual ac HVAC, first of all the gear thats comes with the manual HVAC does not fit with the gear of the servo. And altought i may solve that the oem hvac does not have the towers to insert the screws. I so that servo its not compatible at all. I would like to its that dustin did it
lucas.sidoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 12:44 AM   #196
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,412 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas.sidoti View Post
Good news
Finaly all mu parts arrived, i have the harness wired and mthe servos that control the aire flow in.

Bad news:
At the moment of geting in the temperature control servo i figure out that its not compatible with the manual ac HVAC, first of all the gear thats comes with the manual HVAC does not fit with the gear of the servo. And altought i may solve that the oem hvac does not have the towers to insert the screws. I so that servo its not compatible at all. I would like to its that dustin did it
You can only do single climate conversion if you keep the manual HVAC box. Need to either buy an entire used one from a dual climate car or buy a case and the internal dual parts. I bought a new case and internal parts. I just haven’t Installed them yet. My wife doesn’t like It when the numbers don’t match anyway so it doesn’t do me any good. I also don’t have ac currently due to being swapped.