follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-28-2016, 09:26 PM   #29
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Bait88 View Post
Some punctuation might help out there.

Not to be that guy, but at the same time it's really poor forum etiquette. Put a bit more time into both research and writing your posts.

To address your actual questions(?)... figure out what you want to do with the car first. Track, autox, drift, show, whatever. Then, assuming it's something other than hardparking, try doing that type of driving event stock a few times. Once you learn the car well enough, then start modifying accordingly. Don't worry, you'll likely completely ignore this advice. Most all of us do.

[Addressing the forum crowd] Also, does this just seem like a troll account to anyone else? lol
DANG! ..... @Shark_Bait88 are you having an off day ......??

The poster is young and new, let's cut him/her some slack ......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Shark_Bait88 (11-29-2016), Tcoat (11-29-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 11:50 PM   #30
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,513 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
I think I like @Newfrsowner.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:57 PM   #31
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfrsowner View Post
Thank you I will take all that into consideration I just want to be set on the right path as I'm still young don't want to get carried away or make a mistake that I will regret later on
Good man. If I could have back all the time/money I spent on mods that I never should have done on my old Eclipse (coilovers that were not quality and caused all kinds of headaches, a bad for performance blow-off valve, etc.), I would be like 5 grand richer and would haev had a much more enjoyable ownership expereince...no joke
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:41 AM   #32
Shark_Bait88

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Sorry, didn't mean to come off sounding like a a$$. haha

By "Don't worry, you'll likely completely ignore this advice. Most all of us do." I really meant that most of us do. I modified my car before I actually needed the upgrades, and this was with knowing the "proper" way to upgrade a car. It was more of a, try to follow this golden rule of modifying appropriately but don't stress about it too much.

And it's the internet, someone had to be the grammar Nazi at some point. lol

@Newfrsowner drive the car for awhile, maybe go do an autocross, track day, or drift day to see if it's for you. Once you've figured out what you really want to do with the car, research a ton and ask questions. People are more than willing to help out, especially if you're doing anything to try to actually improve your driving skill (like autox or HPDE).

Somewhat in my defense, the lack of punctuation, username, question and account activity do come off as kind of troll-ish.

Welcome to the forums! Don't be afraid of asking questions, even if there are people like me who come off as ****s
humfrz (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 09:53 AM   #33
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Eh, buy whatever shit you want to buy.

Coming from the guy who has had 3 sets of after market headlights, two sets of aftermarket tail lights, 3 sets of wheels, 2 sets of coils, now on springs, 8 different exhausts, 2 headers. All in under 2 years of ownership. Cars are fun until you start doing the math on stupid purchases.

The mod bug bit hard af in the first year of ownership. Now I've slowed way down and am only buying used parts, which I'd totally recommend doing.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mods, new fr-s, scion fr-s